Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54048 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #780 on: March 30, 2022, 07:14:48 pm »

I see the sacrifice thing making perfect sense for Tric's role, personally. It is an established mythopoeic trait of horse-adjacent magical creatures such as unicrons and pegases. That wasn't a typo.

Look you guys, I trust exactly zero of these millers and would be HAPPY to kill one, but everyone is being stupid this game and I don't understand why. You all also needed to ask more mechanical questions of webadict while you had the chance, for sure, but too late now. In any case, check back my last mechanical question to webadict and work out for yourselves a strategy taking advantage of the fact that there are two people claiming to have doctoring. It's possible to set these actions up in such a way that provides doctoring resistant to up to one lie, but you guys have got to decide who you trust more since someone has to be uncovered.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 30, 2022, 07:21:24 pm »

Unvote as shooting Jim is FAR better than lynching him.

So I am now available for end of day.
Going to read up on what I missed.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 30, 2022, 07:22:06 pm »

Does anyone else think anything is wrong with Jack's vote on Jim?

YES THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIS VOTE, BUT HOW MUCH INTENTION, HIDDEN OR OTHERWISE, COULD THERE BE WITH A PLAYER WHO BOUNCES AROUND SO FREQUENTLY REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES?

THIS GAME IS REALLY TESTING MY PATIENCE FOR HOW MUCH I'M WILLING TO PUT UP WITH IT THOUGH.

We're not voting TricMagic. I need him for...T H E P L A N

ALRIGHT, FINE.

I WAS READY TO BELIEVE TRICMAGIC SINCE HE STUCK TO HIS GUNS ABOUT HIS ONE SHOT BUT THEN HIS FLAVOR CLAIM THREW ME OFF.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 30, 2022, 07:34:20 pm »

I can't think of a game I've played where mafia self-vote, can somebody find a game I was in where mafia self-voted?
Dude, it was almost exactly one year ago when you went to the Championship and one of your competitors self-voted to keep their mafia selves from getting ousted.
It was super effective THERE.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 30, 2022, 07:47:10 pm »

Tric if you're going to kill yourself again at least give a nice summary of your reads with a full-rundown of your role.
... Already did. Auto that lets me befriend someone at the start of day 1, allowing me to revive so long as they are alive. Doctor ability. And a 1-shot Sacrifice that kills me but prevents other deaths that night. If I have my auto, it also removes it after I'm revived..

As for reads... We got 3 millers, I believe Roden and Jim are town. I don't actually trust you or max, hence if I died tonight, I'd want your actions looked at. 4mask is probably mafia. And NQT is just... NQT. I can never read him it seems.

Jack is Jack, he doesn't exactly inspire towniness in me.

So with this claim, we should assume the kill could have been anyone if we believe Tric.  That opens up the field.

Tric, I'll be trying to do something with you tonight. I have a really good plan and you'll see what I mean if it works.

Roden, I still want you to shoot 4mask tonight if possible.

NQT, who should I vote?
@Toony & Roden: Jim claims that any action on him would go to 4mask.  Thus, why shoot 4mask when you can test Jim's claim?
If Jim is telling the truth, you prove it and kill 4mask (it is after all the reason Jim wants to keep 4mask alive, and why I unvoted Jim)
If Jim is lying mafia scum, then Roden kills lying mafia scum Jim.  Yay!

Then again, if THE PLAN requires Roden to shoot 4mask, hey you guys will work it out I guess.

@Tric: If it comes down to self voting, I'll self vote myself.  My role just makes me suspicious, so in the event of a ELO situation, I'm more of a liability.
It goes against the basic rule of "As a townie, you only know for sure that you are a townie", but my role just makes me look bad.  So better to take me out of the running now rather than get mislynched later.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 30, 2022, 07:48:20 pm »

The only reason I'm not revealing my role is because it only convinces Max that I'm town, and since everyone else thinks we're linked, this basically proves nothing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 30, 2022, 07:53:35 pm »

Unofficial Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 2 - Maximum Spin, TricMagic
EuchreJack - 2 - 4maskwolf, notquitethere,
notquitethere - 1 - Roden,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Why are Toonyman & Jim not voting? Are they the scum team?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 30, 2022, 07:54:54 pm »

THERE'S TEN MINUTES LEFT.

I'VE BEEN REREADING THE LAST FIFTEEN OR SO PAGES OF THE GAME.

I DON'T REALLY WANT TO SEE NOTQUITETHERE LYNCHED ANYMORE. I'M STILL AMBIVALENT ABOUT RODEN BEING LYNCHED.

EUCHREJACK AGGRAVATES ME ON THE REREAD.

I THINK I'D PREFER TRICMAGIC HERE BUT TOONYMAN WANTS TO KEEP HIM AROUND. *shrug*
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 30, 2022, 07:55:46 pm »

Thanks for saving me from the self-voting.  Best to get my mislynch out of the way now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 30, 2022, 07:56:15 pm »

Pretty much. At the moment though it's you and 4mask.

Toony is apparently going to vote later. Which.. Isn't great. It's these types of things which makes me mistrust him..

Or we could vote Jim out. Either or, but would rather remove 4mask.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 30, 2022, 07:57:06 pm »

If 4mask is mafia, Jim is also possible mafia. Did anyone track him?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 30, 2022, 07:57:37 pm »

4maskwolf

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 30, 2022, 07:58:02 pm »

Pretty much. At the moment though it's you and 4mask.

Toony is apparently going to vote later. Which.. Isn't great. It's these types of things which makes me mistrust him..

Or we could vote Jim out. Either or, but would rather remove 4mask.

We can't vote Jim out.  It's 4mask or me.  And I just look worse.  And I'll look worse tomorrow, probably.
@Tric: Don't be an idiot in ELO.  That is where this is going, with probably Jim or Toony as scum.
The other one will probably be dead, unless Jim is telling the truth. 50/50 on that.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 30, 2022, 07:59:06 pm »

Getting sniped at the last second is a ton of fun :wowee:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75