Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dungeon Primordial Soup  (Read 833 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Dungeon Primordial Soup
« on: March 02, 2022, 03:11:14 am »

Tired... can't think... can't act...

Suddenly, you feel a pulse of Energy pass through you, then past you through the room. You feel that wave leave and continue its journey past your perception. You suddenly feel Invigorated, your mind cleared.

Without much else to do, you begin analysis of your situation. It would seem that you've existed for a couple hours, less than one Pulse. Though, you're not sure if that's a long span of time or a short one?
You yourself are a sphere, quite a smooth and perfect one glowing with Health and Mind.
You would seem to be hovering over the floor of a stone storeroom. Or perhaps not hovering? It's more like you're affixed here, to the space itself. You're certainly not going to be able to just roll around places.
As for the room itself, it seems to be intended for storage, with large flat areas and shelves on the walls reaching quite high up. However, there doesn't seem to actually be anything stored here right now.

That's about it. You feel as though you could attempt to do something using your Mind. Though you feel as though you're missing Something if you wished to create, and moving yourself seems out of the question.

Spoiler: core (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Primordial Soup
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 03:11:37 am »

reserved for possible use as dictionary

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 03:33:45 am »

The Dungeon created Slimes, and saw that they were good, and was content

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 03:38:34 am »

You lack the necessary resource for creation... of anything alive, that is, such as rooms or monsters.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 03:39:40 am »

Create dead slimes instead, though they aren't as good

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 03:46:38 am »

It's not entirely clear what our options are, then, but presumably the intention is to create something that generates resources? Or are we supposed to lure resources (read: things living nearby) into the storeroom through mental manipulation?
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 03:51:20 am »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 03:54:43 am »

You don't think that just generating resources is possible... though if that's the case, where did said resources come from originally?
You think that what you desire is to develop and grow your territory... though, why is it that you want that? Maybe it would be better to desire something else? But regardless, developing will need more Vitae and more Mana. You think that you can get more mana if another of those pulses happens, but you're not sure how to obtain Vitae... maybe by taking it from something else?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 04:03:11 am »

Drink from the manaspring. Will the mana...water to flow up to you.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 04:29:01 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 04:56:57 am »

Why don't we use the shelves to make some resources?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 06:21:27 pm »

You consider making 'slimes'...
Well, it certainly seems as though such a thing exists, though you can't be entirely sure how you'd know that.

Nevertheless, you believe that a Slime is a creature belonging to the 'Monster' class. Monsters universally have Health Points, which means that they require Vitae to create. They have a relatively simple, but existent mind, meaning that they have a handful of Mind Points and thus require a pittance of Mana to create as well.

A good way of thinking about it is that most creature have Health Points (HP) and Mind Points (MP), which are just the words used to refer to Vitae and Mana while invested in a creature.
Meaning, if you need Vitae, a good place to start would be to look for something with HP and make it stop having HP. This will release the Vitae into a free-floating state, which you can then absorb.

However, for the moment the only things you see with HP are yourself and the storeroom. You suppose that you may be able to use Magic to scratch off some of the room's HP. Is that a good idea?

Attack the room to gain Vitae?

In addition, you think that you could create an Addition using your MP. Additions are generally not themselves living things so much as equipment for a room. With an investment of Mana, the room itself will rearrange to form the desired Addition. This could be used to create a trap... perhaps something like corrosive ooze? That would be something like a dead slime.

Use Mana to create an Addition/Trap?

You inspect the Manaspring. This is a nonphysical object, overlapping your current position. Despite the name, it currently isn't outputting any Mana.
You experimentally try reaching out to drink from it and... when you interact, it slurps up a little bit of your mana! Thirsty bastard! You suppose that there must be mana... "down" there, but it's too far for you to reach without losing all of your mana in the process.

Your ponderings consume another hour... which you know is less than one Pulse. If you don't want to do anything right now, you could always just wait to see what happens.

Spoiler: core (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2022, 09:40:28 pm »

Wait until the pulse.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile