Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: Demi-God Edition  (Read 1356 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: Demi-God Edition
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2022, 01:09:29 am »

-snip-

That is generally correct. Fleshmancy is a slow diligent magic, very akin to surgery. While much is possible with it, it does have limitations. It doesn’t work on corpses, or fungi, but does work on most kinds of living flesh. Working with different parts of the body have various levels of difficulty, organs can be delicate, while bones are study and slow to work.

That said, I’m probably more relaxed on how detailed actions need to be this time around. Describing the intended function and desired result is more important that how accurate the terminology is.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 10:19:59 am by Roboson »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2022, 01:18:13 am »

Does that mean that something like a tentacle, being essentially just muscle, is simpler and faster to extrude than more complex structures like endoskeletal arms? :3

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2022, 10:47:29 am »

Is blood considered alive or dead? Chitin?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2022, 11:31:03 am »

Is blood considered alive or dead? Chitin?
A better question would be if hair counts as alive or dead
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2022, 01:05:06 pm »

Take 2

Character Sheet:
You are a demigod, if not by heritage, then in power. A powerful fleshmancer, but lacking in all other magical abilities. Beyond that, your appearance and backstory can be most anything. You and your compatriots each rule over one of the clans which together inhabit the ancient cavern of the fleshmancers.

Name: Baltais Karalis

Spoiler: Appearance: (click to show/hide)

Backstory: The Kukaiņi have long lived in a kingdom of eternal rain. There cities peaceful and serene thanks to the efforts of it's royalty and knights. However over the centuries they have declined, more and more being lost to madness. Their insects and arachnids have twisted them, and even now more and more are lost to the Haze. For now, this kingdom has no King, no advisors, no subjects. They've been banished from their home, the doors locked away, the city and country overrun. Baltais now leads one of the tribes they have splintered into with her father's passing, ever careful of their people's mental state. For now Pēdējā ligzda is hers. A collection of houses within the basin it might be, but she'll protect it from enemies without and below.

Clan Name: Kukaiņi

Clan Specialization: Bugs

Clan Distinguishing Feature: Over time, the clan has become more and more bug-like, often in differing ways. One thing that unites them however is a mask and far quicker recovery. They can eat things most clans would balk at, and live long lives. However, those lives become cut short due to the introduction of the Haze, which cloud's ones' reasoning and eventually degenerates those afflicted into mindless bugs. None know the source of this, be it a curse or simply a result of their fleshmancy. What is known that those that survive to it's final stages evolve into new monstrous forms, their mindspark lost forever.

Clan Culture: As a clan, their culture involves the use of special fossilized chitin as currency, and the taking of masks as graves. The dead are simply food, and those who have passed mourned and remembered. In the past their society was great, but in the present many remember the days of yore. Their primary livestock happens to be a type of grub and the shell and silk they gave been bred to produce. The shells can be crafted into many things thanks to their size and ease of feeding. Silk is somewhat rarer however do to a low production in favor of meat.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 03:10:00 pm by TricMagic »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2022, 12:18:21 am »

Kilgor begins work on making their people grow an extra pair of limbs by copying their original ones.

Is this valid?

I was thinking how sometimes animals are born with extra limbs.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2022, 12:27:24 am »

I don't think you got into the game, sorry!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2022, 12:37:20 am »

Nah, my sheet was the second one submitted. I didn't receive any negative feedback asking for changes when others did. There is also no mention of a selection process for them.

Probably just a typo, but I blame Kilgor not being seen as a result of being a ball of gas :)

No worries Roboson.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2022, 01:06:44 am »

It looks like overlooked the part about 5 clans.. I'll delete my IC post..
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2022, 04:03:56 pm »

:p welp good luck robo.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2022, 03:43:15 pm »

It would have been helpful had robo notified people that there CS's weren't up to spec
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2022, 04:07:29 pm »

It would have been helpful had robo notified people that there CS's weren't up to spec
I don't think it was a matter of being up to spec... he clearly stated a limited number of slots and presumably chose, maybe randomly, from the pool of applications.

Although he did end up choosing 6 instead of 5, I think this is just because Roboson can never quite bring himself to limit the players as much as he should. :P
Pages: 1 [2]