Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Do Aliens Exist? - Social Deduction Miniature  (Read 10110 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Do Aliens Exist? - Social Deduction Miniature
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2022, 12:04:33 pm »

I think EuchreJack is a human. I'm also a human.

I'm leaning towards thinking Knightwing64 is a human but I'd like to see more from him.

I'm not convinced ToonyMan is interested in whether aliens exist or not. I can't read webadict.

Maximum Spin hasn't posted yet. roseheart has posted very little.

Aliens Exist
It's a safe vote because currently two players are voting the other way.  If they're human, great.  If one is an alien, also great.
Not sure what happens in the event of a tie, I'll trust my fellow Agents to help me out in that case.

Only human votes matter. The rules say the majority of humans need to choose correctly so I assume in the event of a tie humans lose.

I'm thinking. Is this even a game? If the two players that read human the most vote that aliens exist and everybody else votes that they don't exist, then humans win in both cases (assuming that the human read on those players is correct).

If aliens exist, two out of three human players voted for their existence, so humans win.
If aliens don't exist, five out of seven human players voted for their non-existence, so humans win.

Aliens Exist
Since I dunno if it needs to be in Red, sure why not.
Aliens Exist

This is weird. I have a bad feeling about this...

I'm okay with these players voting that aliens exist. I will also vote that aliens exist.

Everybody else can vote they don't exist.

Wow, I hate this flavor. A lot. I mean I probably wouldn't have played if it opened with this flavor.

Aliens exist. Obviously.

Who is and is not an alien?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2022, 12:10:57 pm »

Which is what an alien would say.
I don't agree that Toony has posted enough to be cleared as Human, and I'm now suspicious of you.

I can buy Jim, Knightwing64, and myself as human. I still need a fourth, plus I'm still evaluating Jim and Knight.
The problem with your logic is that I am, in fact, a Human.

This is literally how we lost the last game.

I'm thinking. Is this even a game? If the two players that read human the most vote that aliens exist and everybody else votes that they don't exist, then humans win in both cases (assuming that the human read on those players is correct).
It is, and your vote proves as such. It requires you to read enough Players that you can figure out who is or isn't an Alien. Or a Human. It doesn't really matter how you read people, but, I am telling you, we're all Humans. It's fairly obvious to me.

ToonyMan came to the same conclusion for the obvious reason: He read 4 of the Players as Human. Since he was Human, there was no way for anyone to be an Alien. I came to the same conclusion for the same reason, but I wanted another Player to post to confirm as such.

The facts are simple: We're all Humans, and your paranoia will get us all killed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2022, 12:31:37 pm »

Wow, I hate this flavor. A lot. I mean I probably wouldn't have played if it opened with this flavor.

Aliens exist. Obviously.

Who is and is not an alien?
I am not an alien. Knightwing is an alien.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2022, 12:43:25 pm »

Smart Jim, smart. We option select our victory. If you're correct then we probably still win since only human votes matter. If you're incorrect we probably still win if everyone suspicious votes with me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2022, 01:01:19 pm »

webadict, give me a plan of people voting that satisfies you and you think satisfies me. If I like it, I'll try to make it happen.

All I'm looking for is two people I read as human voting for aliens existing.

I'll unvote for a little bit.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2022, 01:07:51 pm »

If we're all human like you're saying then I don't expect there's going to be much resistance to coordinating all our votes in such a way to maximize the odds of human victory.

If there are aliens, then, well, it might get a little contentious.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2022, 01:09:46 pm »

The strange people rambling at one another next to the city monument seem to have moved onto professing some sort of strange 'plan' of voting to ensure victory for humankind. 'That's easy', the townspeople murmur, 'just have everybody vote [INSERT POLITICAL ALIGNMENT HERE].'

Regardless, a small squad of concerned citizens prepare their heavily-accessorized AR15 type firearms, in preparation of fending off these ruffians should they prove hostile!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2022, 01:38:40 pm »

webadict, give me a plan of people voting that satisfies you and you think satisfies me. If I like it, I'll try to make it happen.

All I'm looking for is two people I read as human voting for aliens existing.

I'll unvote for a little bit.
How about this:

You and I can agree that EuchreJack is Human, yes?
EuchreJack and I can agree that you are Human.

If you want to heavily weight your choice, pick some random third person, I don't really care who. Hash it out with Euchre.

All of those people can vote Aliens exist. And the rest of us can vote that Aliens don't exist (here).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2022, 01:44:49 pm »

Although, this does point out a problem with the game... Hm, I think maybe the rules might have to change next time to fix it... It's a neat strategy that I didn't think of, so maybe we'll have to give some more counterplay for the Aliens. I'll think about what could change.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2022, 02:03:09 pm »

plan

I'm good with this.

EuchreJack, who do you want as a third alien existence voter? I'm okay with Knightwing64. I am less okay with Maximum Spin.

Although, this does point out a problem with the game... Hm, I think maybe the rules might have to change next time to fix it... It's a neat strategy that I didn't think of, so maybe we'll have to give some more counterplay for the Aliens. I'll think about what could change.

I think in the 'aliens exist' world the human players winning as a team is fine, but in the 'aliens don't exist' world it might work better if players won and lost individually to discourage exactly this sort of strategy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2022, 02:17:01 pm »

I think in the 'aliens exist' world the human players winning as a team is fine, but in the 'aliens don't exist' world it might work better if players won and lost individually to discourage exactly this sort of strategy.
I like this. It gives a repercussion to hedging bets. You could say that Delta Green saw your inability to identify aliens as negatively impactful and terminated your contract. Makes sense. I'll implement it for next time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2022, 02:21:42 pm »

EuchreJack, who do you want as a third alien existence voter? I'm okay with Knightwing64. I am less okay with Maximum Spin.
We only need a majority of the humans to be correct, and there are either 3 humans if aliens exist or 7 if they don't. Therefore, if aliens exist, you only need two human voters to say they do. Even if you are afraid I am an alien (although I'm not), you should still be fine with me voting this way.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2022, 02:47:07 pm »

We only need a majority of the humans to be correct, and there are either 3 humans if aliens exist or 7 if they don't. Therefore, if aliens exist, you only need two human voters to say they do. Even if you are afraid I am an alien (although I'm not), you should still be fine with me voting this way.

If aliens don't exist then there needs to be four players voting for that option for us all to win.

Like I posed to webadict, give me a breakdown of how you want people to vote to maximize the chances of human victory and let's see if we can hash something out.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2022, 02:52:36 pm »

If aliens don't exist then there needs to be four players voting for that option for us all to win.
Right, and if I'm not mistaken, there are currently three players voting that they do, so everyone else can vote that they don't.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2022, 03:00:48 pm »

So you're confident that between EuchreJack, Knightwing64, and yourself, there are two humans?

Is there any player you read as human stronger than the three people currently voting that aliens exist?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7