Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: My Forum Battalion (H&H x Picture Wars)  (Read 6098 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: My Forum Battalion (H&H x Picture Wars)
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2022, 04:10:36 am »

capture building and move
destroy soldier as a free action
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2022, 05:00:45 am »

crap
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 05:52:09 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2022, 05:34:59 am »

I'm assuming adjacent includes diagonals.
Not only does it not,
adjacent spaces (up, down, left, right), and not diagonally.
it's also not a free action (so you can either create a soldier and kill a tank, or you can create a soldier and move over a city (and bomb it- that is a free action) but not both)
Soldier Moves:

• Choose a soldier, destroy an adjacent tank; you must have another soldier adjacent to the tank.

please fix your turn.

(hint: tanks are designed to beat soldiers and be beaten by jets. you have jets (well, you have a jet, but you have a airfields to make more) use them to kill my tank)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 05:38:04 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2022, 05:56:02 am »

Well I seem to suck at this game, if there's a second round I probably won't be joining.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2022, 06:22:03 am »

Soldier Moves:

• Train up to 1 soldier per city you own, placing each on an empty space adjacent to a different one of your cities. When training soldiers, you cannot increase your soldier population to more than 2 per city you own.
I feel kinda stupid asking: was this always the rule? I always placed just 1 soldier  :P

recruit and move

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2022, 06:37:29 am »

Soldier Moves:

• Train up to 1 soldier per city you own, placing each on an empty space adjacent to a different one of your cities. When training soldiers, you cannot increase your soldier population to more than 2 per city you own.
I feel kinda stupid asking: was this always the rule? I always placed just 1 soldier  :P

Yep. Any adjustments to that were happening in the "chalkboard" phases before I posted the game. Any edits that were not specifically announced in the second post were just better wording of the same thing, or nicer formatting, legibility type stuff.

Edit: There was an OP archive posted on Jan 24(and last edited) 9 days ago, and you can check the wording yourself.

Speaking of which, here's a new one.

Spoiler: Archive (click to show/hide)

It's not very nice to call urself stoopid, to two people you are beating in a game of logic! What's that make us, huh? Huh? (I kid)

Also King, if you decide not to join for the next session I understand. Though, you are kicking a ton of butt and only needed correction on a couple things. Fighter jets are literally rocket science, so don't be so tough on yourself.

If anything, I get the dunce award for this:

(almost! Train, move 1 space, and move 1 space is 3 actions, not the allotted 2.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 07:25:05 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2022, 06:44:01 am »

It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2022, 07:28:25 am »

move and move

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2022, 08:07:52 am »

How about a treaty to keep 1 city unowned at all times, in the odd chance someone wants to join in?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2022, 08:14:55 am »

How about a treaty to keep 1 city unowned at all times, in the odd chance someone wants to join in?
Sure. But let's change Victory Method 1: from "Capture every city!" to "disown the last city owned by another player".

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2022, 08:17:17 am »

Sure. But let's change Victory Method 1: from "Capture every city!" to "disown the last city owned by another player".
Sounds good. What would you suggest I do to counter the fact that when there are 2 players, one can just force the game to pause up to 48 hours to restore a production?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2022, 05:03:16 am »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2022, 05:13:22 am »

double move

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2022, 05:29:49 am »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2022, 07:40:31 am »

move and move
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9