Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: My Forum Battalion (H&H x Picture Wars)  (Read 6112 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Forum Battalion XX00 (H&H vs Picture Wars)
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2022, 03:21:39 am »

Yeah, kill your soldier at top left (correct?) on your turn Zultan.
Damn I knew I was forgetting something.

(Man, the name Zultan reminds me of the Neopets Egyptian god, Coltzan xD)
Never heard of that before but I never really had anything to do with Neopets when I was little.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2022, 04:33:56 am »

move up, group move left
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 04:38:15 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2022, 05:45:00 am »

(Can the jet turn or do I lose it once it hits the edge?)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2022, 05:55:06 am »

A jet must start and stop on a free space for each movement. So that combined hop was illegal. (Please edit your post, or a1s can undo it on their turn). You can turn at any time, except those regarding air to air combat.

Addit: (And not in mid-hop)

That actually might be worth trying next time, if someone reminds me. (BIG jumps going straight)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 10:07:07 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2022, 06:27:04 am »

I think there's also a misunderstanding on how far a jet moves. It's 2 spaces, not 3. Anyway, reverting jet to just above factory A (where it would end up after 2 moves, since you can't stop on top of a factory.)

recruit and move:
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2022, 09:35:23 am »

Things look as even now as they're likely to get, so I will withdraw my army.

(I am withdrawing from the game, not taking a turn.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 09:38:10 am by roseheart »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Forum Battalion (H&H vs Picture Wars)
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2022, 03:24:21 am »

(Well it appears I'm not that good at this jet crap.)
(Also why are you dropping out?)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2022, 03:37:20 am »

Because, we needed 4 players at the start for all to have even pressure. Right now I think it's best I step back, and let the actual players play.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2022, 10:04:48 am »

That is some dubious logic, but ok.

double move.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2022, 10:36:35 am »

I don't know a1s, you've been playing my games for years, you know what to expect better than most. I do what I think is best, it reflects more on you at this point if you doubt that.

Needlessly complicated. Dubious logic. I've been gone half a year, and hosted this as a softball to try getting back into things. Yeah my ego is a little tender. What you said in that discussion thread made me feel missed. But now, your the one making me feel like a nuisance you tolerate out of charity, lucky me.

If you don't like it, don't play it. I'll live.

I'm sure there's less 'needlessly dubious' hosts around here....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:11:32 am by roseheart »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2022, 11:05:51 am »

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I don't always think how my words might come across.
What I want is for you to play with us (this is a rare game that lacks randomness or other potential for GM malfeasance.) So what if you win your own game? Who cares, as long as we all give it out best.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2022, 11:15:27 am »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2022, 11:25:05 am »

If you don't like it, don't play it.
I didn't say that I didn't like it, I said that in my opinion (and this is when the rotten tomatoes begin to be thrown at me) the game is too complicated for the average roll-to-dodge player*. I like complicated games, but every time I try to run one, no one ever joins, so I work on only including (complex) rules that people are already familiar with. This is brand new. People have been hesitant to join and some dropped out without a warning.

Also (and I swear this is not another dig at you) why is it called H&H?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:27:36 am by a1s »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2022, 11:55:26 am »

You know how you can't really touch anything, because the atoms of your hands and a given object repel? But we still call it touch. In layman's terms, in everyday life, it works.

We call one type of game Mafia, or Werewolf. But the more accurate name is Social Deduction.

Hurt and Heal is a surface level name, like Mafia. The actual core mechanics are to perform 2 actions(++, +-, or --), no more than once an hour. MFB is H&H, even if the layman's name doesn't fit. I guess you wouldn't call a werewolf themed social deduction game mafia, but that's where we host it regardless.

I'm definitely targeting a H&H (and Picture Wars) audience more than any other. This is the game I wanted to make, it really is simple, logically based mechanically. My lables speak to the mechanics, not the aesthetics, which I think is more satisfying in the long run for people actually craving a HH type experience (+PW).

But I suppose if someone only looks at the surface, then sure, I'm a liar.

Gwolf dropped out cus the pace was too fast for him...the only other part of 'some' is me lol.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:04:27 pm by roseheart »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2022, 12:39:52 pm »

move and capture.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9