Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23313 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 4 [9/10]
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2022, 08:43:37 am »

"You're right, I probably won't have to do anything. Better to be safe than sorry though, right? Have we learned anything about the value of having and making friends, Harv?"

"I have, friend. In fact I've come up with something that will let the mortals become better friends!"

He takes another bag of seeds and throws them aggressively/friendlyly at Yamayunqa!

Spoiler: Fasces (click to show/hide)

((...I don't actually know how much fancy plants cost, so if I end up having to overspend I'd prefer one Generic on upkeep, one Generic on getting Forbidden Fruit through, then one sphere on getting Forbidden Fruit actually planted))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2022, 10:33:17 am »

The Faceless Prince once more exits the Auric Spires where they were resting after their headache-inducing encounter. They are promptly faced with all of the things that happened in the interim.
They take a moment to review what has occurred.

~snip~
Susan, although I recognize and approve of the purpose of these 'macrobacteria', I should like to request that they be withheld from the Old World. That location is already home to an array of ruins meant to be explored, looted, and learned from, and I worry as to what may happen if your creations attempt to live there.

Also steal some of those forbidden fruit seeds and plant them in Texas, Wizny, and Yamayunqa, using intercession if necessary.
I should like to stress that this will bring us into conflict, and I ask that you reconsider before I am forced to go rooting about in your Regions to rid them of these defilements.

Unbelievable. Did you just fight over if our divinely created creatures, had to eat?
And how do you think I feel about having been involved in such a farce?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2022, 05:34:43 pm »

C’thun contemplates the reckless and downright deadly things Harvey has done recently out of spite. “Shall we punish him? That was quite irrational and idiotic, not to mention completely out of proportion for a mere disagreement.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2022, 06:05:16 pm »

Intercede and become a flowerpot for that plant if harv somehow still has spare power for it. Fill myself with corruption, cede my will to myself.

"Foolishness is often its own punishment."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2022, 02:00:35 am »

Hmnph. Well, irrespective of the recent events, I have my own workings to direct my attentions to.
From the Faceless Prince's robes, a stick of ink, midnight-black with a golden sheen, is withdrawn, then neatly pulled into two halves, as if an unseen force bisected it. One half flows away in the Prince's hand, coalescing into a vague form, but one that appears ready to be stepped into at a moment's notice.
The other half, however, is almost dangled above the Old World. Soon, a strange rustling seems to come from the Region... before a great golden Creature comes rushing out, claiming the shard of divine Knowledge.
Spoiler: The Ferrous Wyrm (click to show/hide)
There we are. Ah, I truly only desired the Wyrm at the moment, but there are so few useful things to do with a generic Act in the present Age. It is something of a shame, but no matter. Ah, but what else is there to do... I could create Angels or Outsiders, I suppose, or mayhaps a new Region. A Trinket, but that seems a bit... petty? Hmn, though it could yet be worthwhile in some capacity... Aha. I do think I have an idea.
And so a golden coin is slipped from sleeve, and flipped into the air. Amid the atmosphere, it appears to multiply - two, five, ten. They fall, and before the Faceless Prince, the Dealbrokers kneel.
Spoiler: Dealbrokers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 02:18:51 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 5 [9/10]
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2022, 02:23:32 pm »

Turn 5: Food Fight

Shinka felt the world was not sufficiently wild and created Texas, a big, savage continent between Yamayunqa and the Old World. It is the start of another many-region project.
Spoiler: Texas (click to show/hide)

The sleepy Twi created the Pastures, an idyllic grassland region situated between Polis and Trunthia Multa.
Spoiler: Pastures (click to show/hide)

C'thun, ever seeking to enlighten everyone with his forbidden lore and teachings, created the region of Murica around the less habitable regions. Although it was initially placed by Yamayunqa and the Driftlands, it soon floated farther away.
Spoiler: Murica (click to show/hide)

The lonely mountain of Yamayunqa was soon graced with the sky-exposed Shrine of Freedom, courtesy of Gibeele. Its unsettlingly fluid rock formations were as much a testament to the strange power of the gods as a result of its unusually visceral creation process. Alas, Shinka disapproved of the installation and promptly smashed it nonmagically (target: 16, roll: 5).

In an effort to create the tallest mountain, Qwitzikottle extended the already immense island of Trunthia Multa to create the region of Trunthia Mazia, its cavernous base. Its sheer size and porosity make it a rather unique environment; most of its habitable space and known plant and animal life resides underground in its countless voids with the notable exception of its lowest level, the hollow, which also happens to be something of a liminal space between the interior and exterior. The extensive underground presence puts it in stark contrast to most other islands, for which the surface of the island accounts for virtually all of the usable space.
Spoiler: Trunthia Mazia (click to show/hide)

Qwitzikottle also created a truly massive ocean stretching out below everything made so far save the Driftlands, which are presumably cut off by Yamayunqa.
Spoiler: The endless blue (click to show/hide)
This was threatened by a lack of prior investment into Shinka's collaboration until the Wanderer rescued it by retroactively having always started it off. With their remaining act, the Wanderer created the Central Garden, a lush sea of small islands. Thanks to strong chaotic updrafts blowing throughout the Garden, travel between islands (and perhaps even between regions) is easy but potentially unpredictable for their many gliding inhabitants.
Spoiler: Central Garden (click to show/hide)

Do Drift Kings Eat of Electric Sheep?

Born as something of a mirrored counterpart to the ruined Shrine of Freedom, the great Drift King arose from the egg of a great winged eel in the Driftlands. With a primary affiliation with itself, the Drift King will most likely be even more independent than Creatures are prone to becoming. Despite assertions to the contrary, it isn't particularly hungry and currently mostly occupies itself with flying about the innumerable islands of its domain, gathering what shinies it can find for its hoard.
Spoiler: Drift King (click to show/hide)
Somehow, the question of how the Drift King would eat resulted in an extended argument that escalated into a fight drawing in the Faceless Prince. Harvey Harvest set out to sow cognitohazardous fruits on the Old World. As expected, this enraged the Faceless Prince, who blocked the bag of seeds before it could reach its destination. Harvey Harvest responded by causing the seeds to move on their own, but this, too, was countered by the Faceless Prince's golden threads. Harvey Harvest attempted to bypass them in turn by having the seeds cut the golden threads to form golden thread pasta, even expending a sphere act to do so. The Faceless Prince's intervention won out in the end, and the forbidden seeds were destroyed (target: 14, roll: 9).

At some point in the process, Gibeele interceded to take on the forbidden seeds instead of letting them fall on the world (Gibeele: -1 Light). Shinka, too, interceded and attempted to redirect at least some of the seeds to Texas, Wizny, and Yamayunqa (Shinka: -1 Light). Ultimately, Gibeele's intervention won out (Opposed roll; Gibeele: 19, Shinka: 10), and the forbidden seeds were forbidden from growing before their destruction by the Faceless Prince, restoring the status quo.

The existence of oxygen is contested by both Shinka and Susan, and the existence of magic is contested by Shinka (target: 12, roll: 12). While the former doesn't seem to have too much of an explicit effect in a world with such exotic elements as paperworkium (certainly not on the Drift King), the latter successfully deprives the Drift King's species of their food source. In time, the Drift King will be the only member of its species left.

All this hubbub seems to have attracted the renewed attention of the Eye, but surely getting hit by the Eye won't have worse, lasting effects as time goes on...

Meanwhile in the Crystal Sphere

C'thun created two orders of denizens for his misty, tentacled plane. The first, the Pale Ones, were gifted with great magical talent. The second, the Corrupted, had remarkable shapeshifting abilities and were able to impersonate even the gods convincingly enough.
Spoiler: The Pale Ones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Corrupted (click to show/hide)

Gibeele seeded their plane with the oddly violent and violently odd Snappers, shapeshifting pools of flesh with literal moral compasses.
Spoiler: Snappers (click to show/hide)

Susan sought to leave a lasting impact on the world and created the Super Intelligent Macrobacteria, Outsiders sent to build for the glory of their as yet unbuilt Empire. Being entities of planestuff and not flesh, they seem to be having difficulties manifesting in the material world, and construction there is going considerably more slowly than in their home plane and in Susan's claim in the Garden of Souls.

The Faceless Prince created the order of the Dealbrokers. Especially for mortals, there will be very little they are incapable of buying or selling for those clever enough to negotiate suitable deals.
Spoiler: Dealbrokers (click to show/hide)

The Faceless Prince also created the Author of the Ending, a deft, dexterous war form, but they prioritized sending the Ferrous Wyrm into the Old World.
Spoiler: The Ferrous Wyrm (click to show/hide)

Farmfill

Harvey Harvest created a great many plants and creatures throughout Farmaland.
Spoiler: Various (click to show/hide)

A certain god with the initials HH also tried to create something named Fasces, a rather inauspicious coincidence if indeed it was one. This was promptly halted by Gibeele's opposition and an intercession on top of that. (target: 18, roll: 10, Gibeele: -1 Light)

Interentity Raheal Chatter

Seeking to improve coordination among the many contractors scattered across the world, Susan created Raheal of Eternal Service, a neutral, nearly omnipresent messenger with the ability to relay words spoken to it for any group of covered entities.
All servants with access to Raheal have been informed of Raheal's services.

Shinka has barred Raheal from access to Texas and Yamayunqa (and provisionally Wizny if the services continue to be offered free of charge).

Voteboxes

Spoiler: Inactive votes (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Votebox on flight as an assumed default
Allow flying as a default trait: 2 (Gibeele, Wanderer)
Do Not: 4 (C'thun, Shinka, Qwitzikottle, Susan[/color])
Flight is unlikely to be a default trait.

Quote from: Vote to advance to the Age of Myth
Yes: 0
No: 0

The Islands Move

Wizny is no longer a magic kingdom. :(

Raheal's unavailability in a number of regions may tug at the Wanderer's heartstrings.

Trandarc has sold a number of stories to the spirit of the Land of Wizny with unknown results.

More subtle than any other Creature in the dang thing, The Ferrous Wyrm has taken a liking to the ethereal yet delicious Super Intelligent Macrobacteria that occasionally turn up to build imperial constructions. It has learned that the Super Intelligent Macrobacteria are attracted to picturesque locations and has taken to ambushing them there disguised (target: 12, roll: 10).

The Chariot has partially recovered from its wounds. Jolly collaboration is on the rise.

Aila has left the mortal plane to chase after the gradually brightening Chariot.

Helicopter trees have spread to Yamayunqa and Polis.

The starvation of the Drift King's species may appeal to Harvey Harvest's better nature.

Something goes *PING*.

Clockmen are guarding building supplies around their portal in the Garden of Souls.

The Voicers' Garden of Souls colony is expected to be finished in two turns' time.

The Pages are alarmed by the Eye's alertness.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 01:13:15 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2022, 02:24:04 pm »

Geological Age
  • Creating and transforming entire provinces and regions is possible only in this age barring emergent changes in later ages.
    • Having to specify traits for regions and provinces is not set in stone. If there are more votes in favor of getting rid of them than against, it will be done.
    • Regions should be big enough to support ~10 provinces. They can be particularly large islands, archipelagos, cloudy voids, seas, oceans, mountain ranges, or some combination thereof.
      • It would be nice to have a well-connected world, so please try to make them neighbor each other.
      • Specifying how dense a Region is with isles/islands and other general features may help with province placement.
      • Regions will be treated as having the same tier as servants/named mortals for rolling purposes (god mod: ±4).
    • Provinces should be just big enough to support one city. They can be islands, parts of islands, lakes, voids/holes in islands, permanent clouds, rivers, mountains, forests, canyons, particularly large trees, or any number of other things.
      • Provinces will be treated as having the same tier as unnamed mortals for rolling purposes (god mod: ±6).
    • Please explicitly mention when you're adding places as part of multiregion/multiprovince projects and when you're creating them solo/separately. Additions can be vetoed by those paying the initial cost.
  • The shape of the world is fixed barring emergent changes from mass-terraforming (e.g. absolutely everyone agreeing to patch regions together to create a contiguous continent in the shape of a disc).
  • Unopposed, entire ecosystems can be defined at the provincial or regional level for free. Otherwise, this costs 1 generic act.
  • Creating, modifying, or exterminating organisms is possible in this age and will be expensive afterwards.
  • In addition to Archangels, War Forms, Angels, and Outsiders, Monuments will be available once at least one province has been created, and Creatures and Critters will be available once there are organisms to promote from.
  • When more gods support than oppose progression to the next age, it will be done.
  • In general, astronomical features can no longer be created, modified, or destroyed.
  • To allow for potential mortal-focused customization, all planes (including the common plane) will remain mutable until and unless otherwise requested by consensus.
  • "Default" creature features such as flight no longer needing + traits going forward may be specified by consensus

Spoiler: Relevant costs (click to show/hide)

Cosmic entities
  • The Eye is awake and drowsy.
  • The Noise is getting louder and pingier.

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Suspicion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 12:12:44 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2022, 02:45:36 pm »

Provinces.
Name: Quiet Place
Neighbors: ???
Region: Texas
Traits:
 + Milk makes you grow up big and strong.
 + Strawberries taste like strawberries.
 - Birds.
Description: A perfectly flat plain somewhere in Texas where there is simply no sound at all. Wild strawberry plants grow in orderly lines radiating from the central point, each connected to its neighbors by stolons. Between every 15th adjacent pair of strawberry plants, a small pool of milk is secreted by rocks under the soil. Giant owls roam the skies, coordinating to perform grid searches looking for potential prey that have wandered in.
Name: Shabbasvast
Neighbors: ???
Region: Texas
Traits:
 + A holy place, where wounds are healed and nobody can die.
 + There are delicious toads.
 - The toads can't die either, even after being eaten.
Description: A desert populated mostly by giant land toads about the size of a conventional turtle. These toads are edible to all living things and are delicious. The entire desert is holy to Shinka, and is littered with gleaming spires made of gold and marble that are in fact a natural occurrence. Unsettling silhouettes can sometimes be seen against the horizon.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2022, 02:59:36 pm »

HH is indeed saddened by the cruel freedom god's lack of foresight, and immediately acts to rectify this slow and painful end.

Spoiler: Wells Of Magic(TM) (click to show/hide)

He then gets back to creating a variety of other plants to put around the world.

Spoiler: Appill (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boomnut (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FoFN (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: F (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Banana Phone (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 04:01:06 pm by Stirk »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2022, 03:03:39 pm »

Shinka specifically exempts this particular kind of magic from being contested.

Would you move the fascist plant to Texas though? I don't have any objection to it but I think it's more thematically fitting there.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2022, 03:17:25 pm »

Shinka specifically exempts this particular kind of magic from being contested.

Would you move the fascist plant to Texas though? I don't have any objection to it but I think it's more thematically fitting there.

"You can have some in Texas too. I'll add it to the habitat list."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2022, 03:25:15 pm »

Qwitzikottle Supports advancing to the next age.

Qwitzikottle makes a half dozen Enspherents, which he sends forth to "settle" on the larger lands, two go to Yamayunqa, two to Texas, another the Old world and the one to Trunthia Multa.

Then he spends two generic acts on provinces- the black marsh and The white cap.
Spoiler: Enspherents (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The black marsh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The white cap (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2022, 03:32:00 pm »

Oppose advancing to the next age yet, on the grounds that there are a lot more provinces that need to be filled out first.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2022, 03:35:18 pm »

Gibeele holds a Snapper out inquisitively in front of HH and Shinka, just checking where the needle goes.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2022, 03:51:38 pm »

"The Driftlands seems very isolated, especially with the way Shinka seems to prefer Yamayunqa to be pretty much impossible for ordinary mortals to pass, Gibeele, can I convince you to connect the Driftlands to a more passable territory, my only limitations is not only Winzy and some thought to be given on connection it to the endless blue, to ensure the ability of moving to further regions from there.
I will pay you one of my sphere act of your choice, and if you connect it to the central garden I am willing to create a passage  province which is particularly hard to pass, I am also willing to share the cost for a new region which will connect the Driftlands to another region, same conditions as before"

Spoiler: Banana Phone (click to show/hide)

"Oh, those are magnificent creation, I wish you to place as many as you wish in the central garden, and I will lend you my guides to help spread it all across the mortal plane"

The wanderer oppose advancing to the next age
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35