Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23249 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 2.1 [9/10]
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2022, 10:32:56 pm »

This I make is an enclosure to contain. A box for kittens devised by linened ones. A horizon.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 2.1 [9/10]
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2022, 10:44:48 pm »

I mainly meant the other thing. Inflicting Suspicion on others?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 3 [9/10]
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2022, 01:41:49 am »

Turn 3: Dawn of the Dang

The Aftermath

Shinka hid behind the Chariot to escape the furious gaze of the Eye, but the Eye found it regardless and gave a withering look! (roll: 10, target: 9, Might: -1, --Suspicion) The poor Chariot is damaged as well and will be effectively invisible as it swims away to recover from its wounds over the next few turns. (roll: 4, target: 3) Perhaps as some sort of compensation for having temporarily snuffed out a sun, Shinka planted the Other Sun, stellar bouquet and bringer of the Fallow Season. Its chaotic orbit makes predicting the exact start of the wild Fallow Season near impossible, but it should always follow the Harvest Season. It is everyone's solemn hope that the Other Sun is incapable of speech.
Spoiler: Other Sun (click to show/hide)
Shinka also sowed twenty moonlets (of which only one has sprouted) to mark the start of the Planting Season. A time of high competition and sowing oats of variable wildness, it follows the Fallow Season and precedes the Growing Season.

A Moment of Silence

Having lost the remarkably feral Dweller of Misery, C'thun spent some time dwelling on misery and not doing much in particular.

The Coppers

The Faceless Prince animated the last of their cup of copper tea into the Clockmen, guardians of the order and property of the Auric Spires. Their services are on offer for gods needing artifact/Act protection services at the generous cost of one generic Act for every piece of equipment or pair of hard Acts. As the common plane is not currently equipped to handle this functionality, this may well become a profitable service, and it additionally opens up the possibility of offering escrow.
Spoiler: Clockmen (click to show/hide)

Wand'ring Mentor-er

Fittingly, the Wanderer is the first to send their scouts into the Garden of Souls, arranging shifts for the Voicers and the Guides on the mortal plane such that their allotment is always explored and staffed. There still isn't much to do anywhere, but the Guides are happy to be able to spend their time in two very different places instead of one formless place, interesting and chaotic though the sky may be.

The Voicers are in the process of trying to build a replica of one of the more impressive cities in the Plane of Wandering around its portal in the Garden of Souls. This isn't going too well because they haven't acquired the relevant skills/actions needed for advanced construction, but the Mentor and the Guides are working to walk them through the process (target: 11, roll: 13). The Mentor is dismayed to find its ability to empower mortals isn't as effective on the immortal Voicers, but its shapeshifting is helpful for teaching them.

Divine Prank

In a fit of whimsy, the Faceless Prince wrote out a comet-shaped treatise on the meaning and management of life so profound it would signal the start of an intellectual golden age--if it were ever deciphered. Unfortunately, because it was written in black ink on the inner surface of the celestial sphere, it will likely be next to impossible to actually spot and read.
Spoiler: Treatise (click to show/hide)
This also came out of the Argent Emissary's paycheck. Apparently, paid vacations don't exist for Incarnae. The Emissary is mildly annoyed about this but understands that there is time pressure to write the Treatise now and not in coming turns and Spire hops to sample from the Tradesmen's bazaars.

The Argent Emissary is on (unpaid) leave!

Three Rings for the...sky

Gibeele forged created Twilight's Affection to follow the terminator for at least one of the four extant suns or sun-like objects and mark dawn and dusk with an exquisitely detailed display. Best seen from far away or between night and day, this is the first of three rings created in rapid succession.
Spoiler: Twilight's Affection (click to show/hide)

Susan added to the rings by creating the Ring of Remuneration and the Ring of Boundaries, perhaps to serve as a natural compass of sorts. The Ring of Remuneration is theoretically always visible (if somewhat dim) as it encloses all of the mortal sphere. The Ring of Margins, too, is always present in the sky and orthogonal to the Ring of Remuneration. Seen together with the Signs, they should make determining one's position and orientation trivial.
Spoiler: Ring of Remuneration (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ring of Margins (click to show/hide)

Breaking the pattern, Susan created a bauble definitely not in the shape of one ring called Additional Labour. It slightly empowers others' creations and encourages them to seek out favorable synergies where and when possible at the cost of making them more visible to the Eye.
Spoiler: Additional Labour (click to show/hide)
Additional Labour is in Susan's possession, but it's too early to tell whether it's equipped or not.

Domains and Deities

Spoiler: Garden of Souls (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Votebox pertaining to the formation of a shared Realm
Fuck these proposals!: 1 (Shinka)
Cathedral of Souls: 3 (Gibeele, Shinka, Wanderer)
Garden of Souls: 4 (Gibeele, Shinka, C’thun, The Faceless Prince)
Field of the Dead:
The Distorted Ways: 1 (Qwitzikottle)
Sub-Vote - Allow changes via Consensus later: 1 (Twi)

Quote from: Votebox on the shape of the world
Keep the disc as-is: 1 (Susan) (Shinka)
Cloud of islands of random shapes and sizes, with the Eye-land in the center-bottom: 3 (Gibeele) (Twi) (The Faceless Prince)

Quote from: Votebox on the name of the world
Dirt: 1 (Harvey Harvest)
Dirt Cloud: 1 (Gibeele)
Many Dirts: 1 (Shinka)
[Just let the mortals name the dang thing]: 4 (The Faceless Prince, Qwitzikottle, Twi, Gibeele)
For now, the world will remain nameless by popular demand.

Quote from: Votebox on advancing to the Geological Age
No: 2 (Twi, C'thun)
Yes: 4 (Qwitzikottle, Gibeele, The Wanderer, The Faceless Prince)
The vote for advancing to the Geological Age passes.

The world has passed into the Geological Age

The Dang Thing Resolves

The A-Team has stumbled upon a particularly snowy area in Shinka's plane and is having a snowball fight.

Disturbed by reports of cube thieves in their midst, the Clockmen are in the process of conducting a mothhunt (target: 9, roll: 14.

Navigating by the Signs and the Rings, the Grey Guide has reached the literal center of the world and claims it for the Wanderer.

Geological Age
  • Creating and transforming entire provinces and regions is possible only in this age barring emergent changes in later ages.
    • Having to specify traits for regions and provinces is not set in stone. If there are more votes in favor of getting rid of them than against, it will be done.
    • Regions should be big enough to support ~10 provinces. They can be particularly large islands, archipelagos, cloudy voids, seas, oceans, mountain ranges, or some combination thereof.
      • It would be nice to have a well-connected world, so please try to make them neighbor each other.
      • Specifying how dense a Region is with isles/islands and other general features may help with province placement.
      • Regions will be treated as having the same tier as servants/named mortals for rolling purposes (god mod: ±4).
    • Provinces should be just big enough to support one city. They can be islands, parts of islands, lakes, voids/holes in islands, permanent clouds, rivers, mountains, forests, canyons, particularly large trees, or any number of other things.
      • Provinces will be treated as having the same tier as unnamed mortals for rolling purposes (god mod: ±6).
  • The shape of the world is fixed barring emergent changes from mass-terraforming (e.g. absolutely everyone agreeing to patch regions together to create a contiguous continent in the shape of a disc).
  • Unopposed, entire ecosystems can be defined at the provincial or regional level for free. Otherwise, this costs 1 generic act.
  • Creating, modifying, or exterminating organisms is possible in this age and will be expensive afterwards.
  • In addition to Archangels, War Forms, Angels, and Outsiders, Monuments will be available once at least one province has been created, and Creatures and Critters will be available once there are organisms to promote from.
  • When more gods support than oppose progression to the next age, it will be done.
  • In general, astronomical features can no longer be created, modified, or destroyed.
  • To allow for potential mortal-focused customization, all planes (including the common plane) will remain mutable until and unless otherwise requested by consensus.
  • "Default" creature features such as flight no longer needing + traits going forward may be specified by consensus
Spoiler: Relevant costs (click to show/hide)

Cosmic entities
  • The Eye is awake and angry.
  • The Noise is very quiet.

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Suspicion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 01:13:39 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2022, 02:56:00 am »

"I'll note that while each of us is capable of forming one region at a time, if three or more of us were to collaborate, efficiency would increase."

Quote from: yet another votebox
Allow flying as a default trait: 1 (Gibeele)
Do Not: 0

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2022, 06:36:34 am »

Do Not: 1 (C’thun)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2022, 06:44:36 am »

Do Not: 2 (C’thun, Shinka)
If everyone can fly, then no one can!

Spend this turn hiding behind C'thun (vis-a-vis the Eye).

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2022, 07:02:31 am »

Allow flying as a default trait: 2 (Gibeele, Wanderer)
Do Not: 2 (C’thun, Shinka)
"Not how flying works, and allowing all creatures to fly will increase the number of creatures each one will interact with, which will force them to learn to survive a larger veraity of conditions"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2022, 07:21:00 am »

HH decides to put a down payment on a nice piece of land, intent on paying off the mortgage over the course of the next turn. His contract is signed by a pen made of his own feather with top-quality turnip ink. (1 Sphere Act)

He then takes a bag full of seeds, letting the wind take it to place on all lands when land becomes a thing. (1 Generic)

Spoiler: Cloud Seeds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:23:53 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2022, 07:29:00 am »

C’thun pushes Shinka towards the eye. With FORCE

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2022, 07:48:05 am »

Harvest notices the flying debate and makes a sketch.

Spoiler: Sketch (click to show/hide)

"If a plant can fly, then everyone can fly without us needing to make it so everyone can fly. Seems like a good compromise."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2022, 07:57:23 am »

Harvest notices the flying debate and makes a sketch.

Spoiler: Sketch (click to show/hide)

"If a plant can fly, then everyone can fly without us needing to make it so everyone can fly. Seems like a good compromise."
This is much more in line with my goals. Flying should take a little effort.

C’thun pushes Shinka towards the eye. With FORCE
You are just a bad person, aren't you?
Shinka sulkily dodges and hides behind Gibeele instead.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2022, 08:57:23 am »

"It be this ones will to offer deal- should others willing be, than many regions shall we have."

Qwitzikottle offers a deal where- assuming enough people pay into a fund for multiple regions- the majority of gods will only have to pay one sphere act per region this turn of the wheel of time, however if there aren't enough investors he simply creates his region on his own.
Allow flying as a default trait: 2 (Gibeele, Wanderer)
Do Not: 3 (C’thun, Shinka, Qwitzikottle)
Quote from: turn 3 Region mega payment
'main cost'; [Qwitzikottle, 1 Sphere act] [Gibeele, 1 Sphere act]
'region distinct cost'; [Qwitzikottle, 1 Sphere act, "Trunthia multa"] [Shinka, 2 Sphere acts, "Yamayunqa" "Land of Wizny"] [Gibeele, 1 Sphere act, "Driftlands"] [The Faceless Prince, 2 Sphere acts, "The Old World" "Polis"]
Spoiler: Trunthia multa (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 05:44:21 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2022, 09:14:55 am »

Spend 2 Acts and wear the Weak Link. "I foresee issues arising."
Name: Weak Link
Primary actribute: Night
Effects:
 + Soft Act Storage Necklace
 - Automatically upgrades Soft Act Storage.
Description: A necklace made of chain links, growing on their own to form bands. As acts are stored, they grow the necklace to the next tier. Seemingly invisible but for pinpricks of light in the chain.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2022, 09:20:03 am »

I will participate in your scheme, says a voice from behind Gibeele, but, as I have not yet decided how to use my Competition act, I will only offer my Wilderness act for now, to see whether someone else might be readier to spend both.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2022, 10:36:58 am »

HH decides to put a down payment on a nice piece of land, intent on paying off the mortgage over the course of the next turn. His contract is signed by a pen made of his own feather with top-quality turnip ink. (1 Sphere Act)

He then takes a bag full of seeds, letting the wind take it to place on all lands when land becomes a thing. (1 Generic)

Spoiler: Cloud Seeds (click to show/hide)
((Just a reminder that the price of a solo region has increased to 2 sphere acts))

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35