Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Battleship: Dire Times on the Invincible [5/5]  (Read 3807 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship: Dire Times on the Invincible [5/-]
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2021, 07:07:53 pm »

Well that is one problem solved! For me at least. Looks like everyone else is still having major problems.

Nathan shuffles down to the lower level, on the lookout for anyone who looks salty enough to know where the things he needs to get to actually are. Or a map.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2021, 04:15:22 am »

Make sure my air supply is on then go with Fire Team 3 and help fight the fires, while also trying not to get burned or crushed by beams.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2021, 11:21:07 pm »

Call a MAIDS report up to DCC about the flooding in the compartment while pondering the meaning of the #2 maneuvering watch's words. After this is done, find random bits to plug the breach with until the damage control team arrives.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2021, 02:36:48 pm »

P-WAY (FR-93)=>P-WAY (FR-24)[/center]

Get distracted, look for boarders and try to fight them with magic electroshock hands.

You forget that you were gonna go to the rep locker and go sprinting down the P-way, arriving at a 3 way cocked T junction. The tac number above the door you just came through reads 2-24-1-L. The P-way ends in a quick acting water-tight door to the Fo'c'sle. The side door is to the FWD Magazine [20] As you arrive in this P-way, there's a loud clang in the Fo'c'sle. There's a loud mechanical whining in the Magazine.
   [CHN 2][CHN=1][20] You concentrate on your hands. Focusing on drawing the excess static of your body to your hands. After a moment of nothing, a small spark jumps between your pinky and ring finger. Then another, then all of your fingers have sparks jumping back and forth. After another moment, you whole hand begins to arc powerful electrical charges.

[+5 EXP]

Spoiler: ENS Chadwick (click to show/hide)

#2RC (#2FCR=>#2FPR)

Well that is one problem solved! For me at least. Looks like everyone else is still having major problems.

Nathan shuffles down to the lower level, on the lookout for anyone who looks salty enough to know where the things he needs to get to actually are. Or a map.

Heading down the stairs, to the Feed Pump Room, you're presented with 8 large steam driven pumps, only one of which is actually running. A swearing MMN2 is neck deep in the nearest pump, trying to reach a lever in it, while a MMNFN quickly running about shutting more valves, while a especially crusty MMN3 is placing the rest of the turbines in a quick starting lineup. The saltiest man there, is quite possibly that MMN3. You approach him and ask where the Fire pump is at.
   He looks at you like you're an idiot, before remembering that you're brand new. "Fuckin' nubs... In Generatah Lowah Level, against the FWD Bulkhid. The 'ductor's also there, so git on it, nub. Coulda fuckin' looked at th' fuckin' book. Whadda they fuckin' teach ya guys in powah school, these days?!" With that he returns to his machine lineups. Generators is just to the STBD side, just past the doorway. A dull metal clunk can be heard throughout the plant, followed by the order from Maneuvering:
"RIG THE PROPULSION PLANT TO REPEL BOARDERS"

Spoiler: MMNFR Crane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RFRS/RFRE (click to show/hide)

P-Way (2-96-4-Q)=>Personnel (Admin) (2-90-0-S)

Make sure my air supply is on then go with Fire Team 3 and help fight the fires, while also trying not to get burned or crushed by beams.

Checking your tank levels, you advance until the heat becomes obnoxious. There's burning lagging everywhere. EVERYWHERE!!! You yell at the leader that you see the fire. You are handed the nozzle to the nearest hose, which was behind you. After the team lays the hose out, the plugman has the order to charge the plug. As he does, the hose inflates and stiffens with over a hundred psi of seawater fills the hose. The leader points you to the fire. "Advance with High V Fog." Right. High V Fog. That's... Uh... [SMT 1][SMT=1][AUTOPASS]. This one! You place the nozzle discharge in the correct position and pull the bale back. The pressure is more than you were expecting [MGT 2][MGT=0][19] Nothing you couldn't handle, though. Now, to actually fight the fire...
   There's a large hotspot on the right side bulkhead, another on the ceiling ten feet further away,  another on the port bulkhead about 15 feet behind that, and four smaller hotspots on the deck scattered about.

[+10 EXP]

Spoiler: ENS Debson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FIRE FIRE FIRE (click to show/hide)

#1ER=>#4a SA

Well shit.

Call a MAIDS report up to DCC about the flooding in the compartment while pondering the meaning of the #2 maneuvering watch's words. After this is done, find random bits to plug the breach with until the damage control team arrives.

You report the flooding to Maneuvering in the standard MAIDS report. At present moment, you're the man in charge. Assistance is definitely needed. There doesn't appear to be any injured personnel. Damage is presently limited to the hull, as far as you know. Status of the casualty is uncontrolled. Maneuvering calls over the Plant announcing circuit:
Flooding, Flooding, Flooding. Flooding in #4 Shaft Alley.
   [9] There isn't much in the space to plug the hole in the hull. However, you do find a bucket and some tape. Asking around, the DC bag is down in the flooded out SALL, which is now under 4 and a half feet of water. You still have 15 feet to work with for space in the compartment before the flooding gets out of hand and floods out the diesel. The hole is approximately 4 feet below your level and a foot from the deck edge. The flooding continues, but slows slightly as something crunches into the side of the hull. You now have plenty of time. Except, you don't as Maneuvering puts out the Rig to repel boarders call, not 10 seconds later.

Spoiler: LTJG Sorn (click to show/hide)

Gun Deck

? Goes back to his post, and makes himself useful. 

((I'm gonna assume you mean you're gonna shoot the boarding parties inbound.))

Upon leaving the Armory with your weaponry, you spot several small boats moving in. You crack a smile and run to the nearest gun emplacement and load up your Rifle. The boats are moderately armored from the front and seem to have armored tubes on the fronts that look ominously like torpedoes. The superstructure is open to the air, but there's only a small portion of the Coxswain's head showing on each. [SMT 4][SMT=1][15] You take the first shot, making a Picasso piece out of the closest Coxswain's skull, the explosive bullet throwing skull fragments like a grenade. [SMT 4][SMT=1][6] Your second shot explodes against the armor, drawing the ire of the coxswain of the next craft.
   The first craft knocks uselessly against the center of the ship, the second crashing into the ship not thirty feet. The third crashes into the Fo'c'sle. The fourth and fifth will touch in less than a minute. The sixth is quite a ways away, probably gonna take a while to actually get to ramming speed.
   Your action inspires the enlisted to acquire their own arms from the armory. Several running out with rifles of their own. several small teams carrying .50s and one madman carrying 2 missile launchers and a couple missiles for each. Some man their secondaries. More man their AA as a dozen planes fly over.
ENEMY AIR CONTACTS! GUN QUARTERS, GUN QUARTERS! ANTI AIR CREWS, MAN ANTI AIRCRAFT POSTIONS!

[+25 EXP]

Spoiler: ENS (REDACTED) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boarding Parties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 01:52:43 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2021, 06:21:44 pm »

Investigate the FWD Magazine. Carefully avoid shocking any munitions.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2021, 03:55:02 am »

Focus on putting out the hottest fires first before moving onto the medium ones and smaller ones.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2021, 04:22:19 pm »

? creates a fire blast that incinerates all the men and boats.  if there are flames left over, he summons a wave of water to quench them.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2021, 08:05:45 am »

Boarders? Are we being attacked by third world pirates? Are we loosing to third world pirates?

Anyway this guy is definitely salty. In more ways than one. I'd better get on it. Head to the Generatah Lowah Level with my fancy boots.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2021, 10:48:42 am »

Corral some guys to help with the flooding. After it's patched up to a significant degree, go find some sidearms.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2021, 06:19:48 pm »

FWD MAGAZINE[/center]

Investigate the FWD Magazine. Carefully avoid shocking any munitions.

Deciding to check the magazine for that weird noise, you open the door. The dim lights reveal whirring machinery and the massive 18" shells that are meant for the forward battery. There room is littered with several mangled corpses, all in varying states of completeness, all with pools of blood gathering. On some of the machines are massive blood spatters, some have dismembered limbs clogging the machines or impaled in some places. The most complete corpse is wedged into the loader for the elevator. A warning alarm is present, trying to warn the obstructing person to get off the loader.
   It appears all of the machines are in some state of nonfunctioning, but the worst is the elevator itself, giving that shrill whine. The secondary elevator is fine, though. So at least we can plink them with 5" shells.
   Outside the room, there is a boom and screams followed by heavy bootsteps outside the Magazine.

Spoiler: ENS Chadwick (click to show/hide)

#2RC (Generators LL)

Boarders? Are we being attacked by third world pirates? Are we loosing to third world pirates?

Anyway this guy is definitely salty. In more ways than one. I'd better get on it. Head to the Generatah Lowah Level with my fancy boots.

Leaving the salty, salty petty officer to his work, you wander off to the Generator Room. At the AFT end, where you're at, there's three large machines with people swarming them like ants on a piece of candy. Mid compartment shows four medium sized pumps, two of which are whirring away. These pumps block view of the FWD bulkhead. But there's several valves that are just barely out of the deckplate.
   Moving to the FWD Bulkhead, you spot the pumps! And their motor controllers sit just aft of them. The eductor is... [SMT 1][SMT=1][AUTOPASS] the big ass valve right there in front of 7b pump. There's a small black plaque with recessed gold lettering just above it. There's realistically nobody up here with you. You're absolutely sure of it. Then you hear a light gurgling in the bilge below your feet.

Spoiler: MMNFR Crane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RFRS/RFRE (click to show/hide)

Personnel (Admin) (2-90-0-S)

Focus on putting out the hottest fires first before moving onto the medium ones and smaller ones.

Aiming your hose at the nearest fire, you begin to fight it back. [SMT 2][SMT=1][5] You shoot the water directly into the flames themselves on the STBD side bulkhead, doing next to nothing but slightly lowering the overall heat of the room. [VIG 1][VIG=1][AUTOPASS] You retain control of the hose.

[+5 EXP]

Spoiler: ENS Debson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FIRE FIRE FIRE (click to show/hide)

#1ER=>#4a SA

Corral some guys to help with the flooding. After it's patched up to a significant degree, go find some sidearms.

You attempt to tell some seamen to go patch that hole, [10] and get a few to assist, one of which runs to grab the patching kit, knowing very well that it is now several feet underwater. The rest are present, but they are too panicked to listen to reason. [SMT 3][SMT=2][3] Exercising your rank, you get literally nothing done with the panicking sailors. [16] The responding sailors manage to contain most of the water, using the bucket and several pieces of wood shoring braced on the support beam for the deckplate, thus slowing it further.
   Deciding that the situation is more or less under control and with the DC team on their way (Hopefully), you can go prepare to repel boarders. You run to the magazine. Surely there's at least one handgun in there. [8] Upon opening the door, you are greeted with 100 PSI firemain to the face. This doesn't do much but be painful and blinding. After a few seconds of realizing that you're not Bratavian, the spooked GMs cease the flow of firemain to your face.
   "Sorry, sir! Had ya figured for one of them boarders." The nozzleman lowers her end of the fire hose.

Spoiler: LTJG Sorn (click to show/hide)

Gun Deck (FR-117)

? creates a fire blast that incinerates all the men and boats.  if there are flames left over, he summons a wave of water to quench them.

[CHN 7][CHN=2][16] Deciding to slow them down as much as possible, you concentrate. Concentrate. Concen-
   BOOM
   The ships all erupt in flames. Ship 1's crew adeptly puts the fire out and set to work setting up a ladder. It's up in no time whatsoever. Ship 2 Puts out the fire and moves into the ship, leaving a few burnt corpses behind to mark your heinous act. Ship 3 follows ship 2's example, extinguishing the fire quickly, but not without casualties. The also appear to be moving into the ship. Ship 4 has her crew burned to a heavy degree before they manage to extinguish the fire. She hits the FWD hull with a loud crash, ripping a hole in the hull just above #1RC, a plume of steam erupts killing a few more. The ship retreats out of the hole, letting the steam escape. Ship 5 burns long and hot, but is eventually put out with heavy losses. It smashes into the hull and penetrates in #1b shaft alley (2 plant). Ship 6 puts out the fire with moderate losses. She speeds towards the ship, headed straight for Gun #4.

[+60 EXP]

Spoiler: ENS (REDACTED) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boarding Parties (click to show/hide)
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2021, 06:43:52 pm »

Let's see. I have 18" shells and electric hands. Time to become a railgun.

Quickly look for a couple metal poles or equivalent that I can use to extend my "rails" past my arms alone. Then, prepare to fire by adjusting my electric hands so that they're polarized, allowing me to send a spark from one side to the other and back at the elbow. Nestle one of these small 5" shells between my forearms for a test run, and then demand that the source of the noise outside identify itself or I start shooting.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2021, 09:28:28 pm »

? Repeates what he did last turn, blasting boarders and their ships with fire and then cleaning up with water.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2021, 05:53:57 am »

Try aiming at the bottom of the fires this time and continue to fight them while also trying to not get burned.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2021, 09:48:51 pm »

Let's see. I have 18" shells and electric hands. Time to become a railgun.

lmao. tempted to sig this.
- Charles Babbage

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2021, 10:40:26 pm »

I'm pretty sure I can think of something to survive underwater, so random gurgling doesn't bother me!

Unless it ruins the thing I'm working on. Then everyone including me is probably super dead. So lets hope everything here is waterproof.

Secure the fire pumps and the eductor! What is that joke my brother said? Ask the army to secure a building and they surround it with fortifications. Ask the Marines to secure a building and they kick down the door and shoot everyone. Ask the Air-force to secure a building and they take out a lease.

Ask the Navy to secure a building and they....lock the door and turn off the lights!

...That probably isn't what I'm supposed to do here.

Though I guess that would help keep the boarders out.

Take a look at the Eductor to see if it is doing it suctioning thing right.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4