Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60981 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 4
« Reply #1020 on: January 02, 2022, 07:52:03 pm »

Toaster, that's a damned stupid case and you know it. You're claiming my reasons didn't exist and I wasn't hunting and blah blah blah, but this is a lie: I explained completely my reasoning about the Figments and, hey, look at that, it caught both scum we've seen so far!
(Don't you think that, if I were Fallacy's partner, I would've told him to lie about Aeos' patronage, the thing I was going to explicitly tell everyone was definitely a scumtell? Come on, I'm not stupid.)

I also never give readslists. I don't think they're solid play. I get that you haven't played with me before and don't understand why I'm a total weirdo compared to everyone else here, but you're basing your theory on the idea that, "as town", I would play differently than I have. The truth is, in both of the games in that link, I was also town and I was if anything worse because more people were pushing me for dumb reasons.

I also don't "make cases" in this vapid way that you're doing it, ie, by quoting things people said and shouting about them. It's dumb because it's based on a series of faulty assumptions, and also, it's too much work. So yeah, you're right, I don't do that, I just vote for the people I think should be voted for. Sometimes I don't even explain, if I'm not sure I can convince others and want to see whether they're willing to try it or not first. No sense chasing a lynch that's just not going to happen. I'm a pragmatic person.

(Also, of course I always rolefish, I want to know what people's roles are, who wouldn't... note that those are also hints about mine.)

I think you're scum because you keep making bad assumptions that make it easy to justify votes based on playing-card-houses of speculation, and because you said you started as a third party with the ability to join any side, and wanted to join town, but then used it to join another player who already looked super suspicious instead of the confirmed townie, which could well have made two confirmed townies, which would probably win town the game on its own. I was, in fact, really clear about this from the beginning. Don't lie so obviously.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 02, 2022, 08:10:17 pm »

So, has the day ended?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 02, 2022, 08:43:27 pm »

So, has the day ended?

IMPATIENCE IS UNACCEPTABLE

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 02, 2022, 08:58:04 pm »

I am way too tired IRL, but I basically agree with Toaster's logic. I think Jack isn't town (any more), but Max is the most likely to actually do the killing. Doing this to try to stifle vote trickery.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 02, 2022, 09:01:55 pm »

Of course, we could all be misled by the Toaster-Vector combined Megatron or whatever.

Also, we should assess how we can get Knightwing killed at the same time as the rest of us.
If we get 11 damage each, we can then maybe shoot Knightwing and die due to my traps?...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 02, 2022, 10:22:18 pm »

Posting to say that I'm sticking with my vote on Max for now. I think Toaster's first part of his case is reasonable, less sure on EJ but that doesn't have to be dealt with RN.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 02, 2022, 10:29:01 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
EuchreJack - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 3 - Toaster*, TolyK*, Vector*,
Roden - 0 -
Superdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
TolyK - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - EuchreJack, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin*, Roden, Superdorf, ToonyMan,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on January 03, 2022 at 19:00 CDT (21 hours and 31 minutes remaining.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Night 3
« Reply #1027 on: January 02, 2022, 11:45:18 pm »

5 to Hammer. Day ends at 19:00 CST on January 2nd, 2022 (~68 hour remaining.)

You can see my confusion.  Since I have multiple votes, I figure I should probably vote last.  Any thoughts on that?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 03, 2022, 02:38:16 am »

... ToonyMan, this ability prevents you from controlling other Figments. Don't you think that your need to get rid of that sounds... a little suspicious?
I'm actually not accusing you of anything right now, I don't think. If you thought it was suspicious you probably wouldn't have let me see it, right? It's just... weird. I mean, I can see how "using a Figment's action" might be "controlling a Figment", but it's still totally weird, especially since you didn't expressly say that. I don't really know what to think of it, but, since you did give me the thing, I'm willing to provisionally trust that you're town.

Which means my list of vote candidates is dwindling. I guess, barring the possibility of Fallacy (or someone else) having had a stealth item (which I do think is possible but doesn't seem likely to be fruitful speculation at this point), the idea that the kill was between me, Superdorf, and Jack seems solid. The problem with that is that Jack now has piles of votes, so he could just vote for me and guarantee his own survival unless everyone currently voting for me bails (won't happen). While Jack is totally suspicious, I don't feel that great about Superdorf at this point either. Also, I worry that Jack might in some way be important for killing the Webadict because of his whole sin thing, especially since Knightwing promised to kill him even before roles were sent out, which is the kind of thing that might make me decide to add a special anti-Webadict (not necessarily Anti-Webadict) power. On top of that, I'm extremely aware that, if I manage to convince people and get it wrong, I'm definitely next. I guess that's okay as long as victory is still possible, but it sucks.

Uggggggh, Superdorf. Better to have a chance of success than to effectively guarantee failure.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 03, 2022, 02:47:04 am »

I'm eager to see the analysis on Superdorf.  It's the reason I haven't tested out how many votes I actually have.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 03, 2022, 05:40:45 am »

Jeez. I just watched Encanto. I wasn’t too into most of the characters, but the music? *Chefs kiss

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 03, 2022, 01:15:40 pm »

Jeez. I just watched Encanto. I wasn’t too into most of the characters, but the music? *Chefs kiss

Well, its a musical, so that makes sense.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 03, 2022, 01:25:14 pm »

... you know what, I started trying to reread, but gave up several pages in. I can't make heads or tails of this game due to the flavor shenanigans. I keep getting the urge to just write everything that may-or-may-not-have-happened in plain text, but that would take forever.  :-\
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 03, 2022, 01:33:15 pm »

Of course, we could all be misled by the Toaster-Vector combined Megatron or whatever.

Also, we should assess how we can get Knightwing killed at the same time as the rest of us.
If we get 11 damage each, we can then maybe shoot Knightwing and die due to my traps?...

We also need to find the True Webadict.  The winners get to choose, so our bastard mod keeps saying, so I believe the "winning" team still needs to find the True Webadict or only the bastard mod wins.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 03, 2022, 06:36:31 pm »

Since nobody is talking, any objection to my voting Maximum Spin?  It'll end the day, and confirm how many votes I have.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 82