Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61222 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #585 on: December 21, 2021, 09:15:35 pm »

Okay, how does this damage mechanic actually work? I have it referenced, but no real definition of what damage is anywhere...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 21, 2021, 09:26:35 pm »

Honestly, I'm not sure. The game my role came from had all players at 3 HP, but my current gun does more damage than that and it's implied that it isn't even all that strong.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 21, 2021, 09:34:40 pm »

Okay, I've thought about it, and I've decided to come clean.

I didn't get my PM from Selene.  I intended that as my fake, and as soon as I saw Jim claim it, I jumped on to not be one of the last in.  In truth, mine didn't come with a color.  It wasn't even italic; it was instead bold, implying to me it came from the Moderator.  I'm also not Anti-Webadict, or any of the others.  I'm Webadict-Neutral.   To fill my multi-part wincon, everyone pro, anti, or anti-anti must die, and the Webadict must die... but also it explicitly says I cannot win.

For now, because I can tag on to someone else's wincon.  I was indeed observing a bit, trying to get a feel for my options, but I decided going into night unable to win if I died was too risky.  I'm throwing in my lot with the Anti-Webadicts!  Hooray!

I know this sounds sketchy and hard to believe, but don't worry, when it happens, it should be VERY OBVIOUS.  I just sent it in.

Also, as an aside, Roden should probably explain why he's the only real person from Selene.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 21, 2021, 09:46:46 pm »

Interesting, Toaster and I both can win if everyone dies then, unless I'm reading that incorrectly.

I'm the only one claiming Selene because the other Selene non-claims are likely just lying about who their patron is. Well actually, there's probably another reason, but I don't want to get him in trouble and incur violations. After what happened to Erebos, I don't want to risk losing any more Figments.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 21, 2021, 09:49:50 pm »

Toaster: If what you say is true and you did join the Anti-Webadict faction, if it gets confirmed in some way then I'd like to propose an alliance. If you accept, I'll give you a gun tomorrow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 21, 2021, 09:53:31 pm »

I'm going to lose my old wincon and gain my target's wincon.  It will be extremely obvious when it happens.

What does an alliance mean in this context?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 21, 2021, 09:55:26 pm »

@Roden:
How do you plan to fulfill you win condition to die? Are you going to shoot yourself?

@Toaster:
I suspected as much.

Also, No Lynch. I think this is the right move.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 21, 2021, 09:59:59 pm »

If we're going to no-lynch I'd like to lynch Helia. Just to be safe.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2021, 10:02:22 pm »

Blech. I've fallen behind thread a fair bit.

*coming clean*

Weird. I guess that explains the "everyone wins" thing you had going.

I prefer a Helia lynch to a no-lynch.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 21, 2021, 10:06:00 pm »

*coming clean*

Weird. I guess that explains the "everyone wins" thing you had going.

Well, that and KWN:WE having EVERYONE WINS as a possibility.  I suspected my role would be important in making that happen, but since Knightwing isn't playing along, whatever.

I'm unhappy with a No Lynch off the bat, but I don't see any harm in lynching Helia, and I wouldn't cry over an FoU lynch.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 21, 2021, 10:14:38 pm »

I might be able to do something about Erebos during the Night phase.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 21, 2021, 10:20:32 pm »

I'm going to lose my old wincon and gain my target's wincon.  It will be extremely obvious when it happens.

What does an alliance mean in this context?
Oh, well that somewhat changes things. I thought you were going to keep your wincon.

I want to work together with you and Jim, and possibly Toony and Vector if they become hard confirmed as Anti-Webadict. I want to have a solid selection of Players to hand guns off to as the game goes on. I also have something else I want to offer before I die, but I'm going to be very selective about who gets it.

My original plan was to just hand a gun to Jim, but as the only confirmed Anti-Webadict in the game he's likely going to be a NK target. You getting confirmed as aligning with my wincon gives me more options, though.

@Roden:
How do you plan to fulfill you win condition to die? Are you going to shoot yourself?

@Toaster:
I suspected as much.

Anyone who has bullets knows exactly what I'm going to do when the time comes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 21, 2021, 10:23:48 pm »

Toaster, before you pick a side (but maybe it's already too late) is there anything you can do that might disappear if you pick a side?

For this game I'm halfway between alignment is meaningful and alignment is flavor. I'm not super worried about anybody's actual alignment at this point in the game, except for FallacyofUrist who is very obviously playing to his Pro-Webadict wincon.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 21, 2021, 10:36:52 pm »

Jim:  I shouldn't lose anything unless shenanigans.  It's already submitted, in any case.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 21, 2021, 10:45:26 pm »

Okay, I've thought about it, and I've decided to come clean.
You know, that explains that 'detached and active lurking' read I had of you earlier, nya. Given your apparent honesty here I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

For this game I'm halfway between alignment is meaningful and alignment is flavor. I'm not super worried about anybody's actual alignment at this point in the game, except for FallacyofUrist who is very obviously playing to his Pro-Webadict wincon.
You try and bluff someone you're suspicious of one time and everyone jumps you.

@Fallacy: My role is very much not a carbon copy of my role from Color Mafia; it has been greatly expanded, which makes sense because Color Mafia was a very low-powered game.

For example, I have a bullet.
That's to be expected. I really doubt any of our roles will exactly match. The issue isn't in the role itself but in the fact that a castle has, as far as I can tell, nothing to do with Color Mafia, which makes me think you're actually from a different game.

We do need to decide on an execution pretty soon, I think? Toaster is off the list for now based on his action. So... I'd be okay with either a Spin or TolyK execution. I still think Toony and Vector are fishy as 'masons' but the truth should come to light sooner or later.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 82