Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61247 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #555 on: December 21, 2021, 01:49:54 pm »

@Toaster:
Do you also need to die as part of your wincon, like Roden?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 21, 2021, 01:51:30 pm »

Yes, I did use a day action. I'm responsible for the castle.
... I read Color Mafia (it's only 26 pages, not that long nya). There's no castle there at all.

Not to say that it's impossible but it doesn't make sense. There was a meteor in Jim's game of origin - the themes match. There's no castle in your game of origin.

Vector (purple finger of suspicion because blue is reserved).

It's a watercolor castle so that does match Color Mafia.
I'm not sure how much I trust that connection nya.

@FoU:
Can you confirm you got your past role? I don't think it's been made clear nya.
Technically it's not a role I had previously but it is a role I had a lot of interaction with in that game.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 21, 2021, 01:56:42 pm »

I'm too new to get a role from a game in which I participated.

Helia shot two people during the day.(suposedly.) The Sprint Hat uses your Day Action to give you two night actions. The Dweller Mask gives Hat Kid the ability to Action. Therefore one could assume Figments are the imagination of various Players.
That would explain why Erebos was so pissed at Vector.

Adding FallacyofUrist to people I'm probably not going to vote.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 21, 2021, 01:57:42 pm »

Did you get a role from a previous game, though? Not asking what your role is or what it does, just if you got a role from a previous game nya.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 21, 2021, 02:05:11 pm »

Did you get a role from a previous game, though? Not asking what your role is or what it does, just if you got a role from a previous game nya.
Probably, I can't identify it.

My apologies to everyone, I misread Superdorf's post about player alignments.   
So retract the part about Serene being town completely, although dunno if alignment-indicative.  Erebos could be the vanilla town faction, although dunno.  Plus, no way to know if everyone claiming Erebos is telling the truth.

@Tolyk: Why shouldn't I vote you?  I'm not used to so many players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 21, 2021, 02:06:41 pm »

I didn't ask for your alignment, I asked for what the colors are in your role PM.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Look familiar Jim, nya? Are you going to hunt or are you going to make conspiracy theories about formatting?

It should tell you what game it's from?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 21, 2021, 02:12:25 pm »

Look familiar Jim, nya? Are you going to hunt or are you going to make conspiracy theories about formatting?

You read Color Mafia, so you should know that color-coding was a critical tool I used to catch the scumteam in that.

Claim your colors.

As for Knightwing, I've been thinking. . . if he received plaintext, then it would be in "modvoice." That makes some sense given his apparent role.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 21, 2021, 02:14:55 pm »

You read Color Mafia, so you should know that color-coding was a critical tool I used to catch the scumteam in that.

Claim your colors.
I already have claimed nya. If it needs to be said again, purple/Aeos.

There's no castle there, though. The connection between 'watercolor' and 'Color Mafia' is really weak.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 21, 2021, 02:18:08 pm »

I'm not explaining the connection until at least Tomorrow. That's all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 21, 2021, 02:27:18 pm »

You sure you're not the French Taunters? Only webadict role I remember that involves a castle. Nya.

More seriously I'm just going to press x to doubt here.

@Mod: Will you be compelled to answer a question in blue if given a vote? What about if you're given something else?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 21, 2021, 02:34:09 pm »

Claim your colors.
I already have claimed nya. If it needs to be said again, purple/Aeos.

There's no castle there, though. The connection between 'watercolor' and 'Color Mafia' is really weak.
Yeah but I'm in a Color Mason chat with them because of a color named ability. It's a wild coincidence if someone else made a watercolor castle with Vector also claiming it. I also don't recall if Caz had a revive ability in Magic Mafia, the original Phoenix Mage.

Web confirmed we're the same alignment in Discord so there wasn't any color, but I feel they were honestly clearing up the game state, otherwise they would have refused to answer or said something through PMs. It wasn't super clear in my role PM which is why I wasn't sure at the start of the game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 21, 2021, 02:42:22 pm »

Technically it's not a role I had previously but it is a role I had a lot of interaction with in that game.
Hm, I also had extensive interactions with Caz's role in Magic Mafia. Pretty weird!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 21, 2021, 02:43:31 pm »

Role: Phoenix Mage
Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.

(Auto) Rebirth
You’ve learned a few phoenix tricks yourself. When you are killed by a spell, you become an Egg Mage. You are unable to speak (except for one measly vote), but you can use actions and be targeted. After one (1) Cycle, you are reborn into a Phoenix Mage.
Tags: {Auto} {Necromancy}

{P10} (Night) Eyes In The Skies [target]
Send your Vee to watch the target. Unfortunately, a burning bird is a terrible night scout. You pick for Vee to see who targets them or who they target with spells, and the target picks some information for you to see as well.
Tags: {Divination}

{P10} (Free) Burnout [target]
Unleash the full fiery force of a fledgling Phoenix Mage. You create the flames of the Elder Phoenix, burning your magical reserves (and your role), but also removing the target’s magical reserves as well. This is Caz’s signature spell, and anyone else using it will be burned.
Tags: {Evocation}

From above, a spirit made of glistening reds, oranges, and yellows soars above you, clustering before exploding into light. A great echo cry of a bird, far away, rings in the environment. She calls for you.

Yeah, flavor checks out nya. No revive originally, but it's not too much of a stretch.

Yeah but I'm in a Color Mason chat with them because of a color named ability. It's a wild coincidence if someone else made a watercolor castle with Vector also claiming it. I also don't recall if Caz had a revive ability in Magic Mafia, the original Phoenix Mage.
It's less that I think someone else made the castle and more that I think Vector is lying about their role nya. Which can still be a townie (anti-Webadict in this case) move but I don't like it all that much.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 21, 2021, 02:43:45 pm »

Another important point: all these roles from past games are from webadict hosted games.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 21, 2021, 02:45:42 pm »

It should tell you what game it's from?

Does your description say from which game it is?  Mine says it is from this game, so maybe I got an original one?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 82