Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60529 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Soap And Ballot [Setup Phase]
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2021, 06:28:07 pm »

I have no idea why I said Reverie, I meant Egan.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2021, 06:30:33 pm »

Egan, yeah. Reverie isn't even here.

We can believe what every player is saying currently because Reverie joined the Setup Phase late, plus Webadict has confirmed in blue that nobody has received any roles.
What do you think of the fact that EuchreJack successfully killed Helia? Attempting to use an Action we don't have doesn't work, as proved by four separate tests in this post.

True Resurrect Helia.
You cannot True Resurrect Helia. Helia is dead. Attempting to use an Action you do not have will now constitute a Violation.

Well that happened.

Kill EuchreJack. There can be only one.
You cannot Kill EuchreJack. Attempting to use an Action you do not have will now constitute a Violation.

Swap Narrator's name with Webadict.
You cannot Swap Narrator's Name With Webadict. Attempting to use an Action you do not have will now constitute a Violation.

Create a new Helia with all the memories of the original.
You cannot Create A New Helia. Helia is dead. Attempting to use an Action you do not have will now constitute a Violation.

So EuchreJack, in order to kill Helia, must therefore have a Kill action. Before the roles have been assigned. Sounds scummy to me, ey?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2021, 06:32:44 pm »

I'm not terribly opposed to a Knightwing Chosen.

Can we kill other players?  I'm a bit leery to try, frankly.
I did try.

I have failed my literacy check.

@MOD:  Is killing a Player and killing a Figment the same?  Would that be two different abilities?  Do all Players have the ability to kill Figments?

This game is going to be very case sensitive, so keep that in mind, all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2021, 06:42:18 pm »

Let me point out that this is blue, so the webaddict is very likely to be anti-town:

That is not entirely true. The Webadict must kill everyone else to win. Everyone else must kill the Webadict to win.

Unless there's some way for everyone to get the Webaddict role, thus resulting in a world in which "the Webaddict" has "killed" "everybody else". In the sense that Everybody else is No Player, who is Dead.

But most likely, Webaddict is anti-town. Not necessarily against whatever faction is called "Town" in this game, but against the majority.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2021, 06:43:48 pm »

@Mod: What is the name of the one who speaks in blackredglow?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2021, 06:44:44 pm »

If it was as easy as the Webadict being an elected serial killer, this wouldn't be a bastard mod game. There'll be more to the puzzle than that.

@Mod: Do Players die when they are killed? Can a dead Player return to being alive?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2021, 07:39:15 pm »

@MOD:  What is the difference between a Violation and a Sin?
A Violation can be forgiven. A Sin cannot.

@MOD:  How do you kill the Webadict?  How does the Webadict kill us?
You are not currently the Webadict.

@MOD:  Is killing a Player and killing a Figment the same?  Would that be two different abilities?  Do all Players have the ability to kill Figments?
Figments are not Players. Players are not Figments.

@Mod: What is the name of the one who speaks in blackredglow?
Erebos.

As the Moderator finishes the word, a figure with dark skin and pointed ears jumps from shadows, landing with a resounding thump. They wear a torn suit of obsidian gray, disheveled and bloodied as though they had been in several fights and lost most of them. You see that they, like Helia, have their right arm missing. Within the rips and tears, you can see a body, muscular and toned, and as they take a step towards the fire, they noticeably stop in front of Egan_BW and EuchreJAck, bowing deep and defined, before standing straight, towering over both of them. "I am Erebos. It is nice to be at your service. Thank you for removing the horrible witch. She deserved to die, after all. But, then again, who doesn't? I certainly do." Erebos looks over the gathered group and towards the whiteboard. "A little slow, aren't we? Personally, I'd have picked EuchreJack. He seems like he'd be a real... killer." Erebos laughs and slaps EuchreJack on the back.

"Aaaanyway, I'm sure you've got questions for me, but I'm sure you'll all be here blabbering to me instead of voting because, as you all seem so want to do, you're afraid to step up and take the mantle yourselves. I can't really abide by that, so I'll only answer a question if there's something in it for me. That seems fair, right? I'm not a diehard evangelist like my cousin, and since she's deader than door nails, I think I'd really dig this whole barter bit. Oops, I'm not supposed to use idioms in the priv, am I? Hah! She can't stop me, fuck her."

Erebos has committed a Violation.

"Ah, yep, saw that coming. Hah! Oh well, whatcha gonna do, right? If you can't break a few of the useless rules, is it even really a Game?"

If it was as easy as the Webadict being an elected serial killer, this wouldn't be a bastard mod game. There'll be more to the puzzle than that.

@Mod: Do Players die when they are killed? Can a dead Player return to being alive?
"Blah blah blah. The dead are dead, friendo. You can't bring 'em back. You can't take it with you. So, it's better to just go out in a blaze of glory!"

A Player dies when they are killed.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:42:57 pm by webadict »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2021, 08:09:22 pm »

Engaged in a family commitment. Isn't the deadline today? I probably won't get another chance to post.

wtf why did you kill helia geez
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2021, 08:15:42 pm »

Well, now you're here, Erebos. Too bad the other one can't be here to see it, that would be entertaining. Is the fact that I treat this as a story disrespecting to the game?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2021, 08:27:30 pm »

Well, now you're here, Erebos. Too bad the other one can't be here to see it, that would be entertaining. Is the fact that I treat this as a story disrespecting to the game?

Nope. I’m doing it too. Also, screw you Erebos! I can too be a killer!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2021, 08:31:05 pm »

Yes, but disrespect to the game is itself an aspect of the narrative. Within the narrative, refusing to play to win is a certain faction within the universe, you see.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : SETUP [12 / 13 MAX]
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2021, 08:35:04 pm »

Vote Count
—----------------------------
Egan_BW - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 - Jim Groovester [x12], Egan_BW [x12],
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 41 - ToonyMan [x12], Knightwing64 [x12], Superdorf [x6], Maximum Spin [x11],
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Roden - 1 - Roden [x1],
Superdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 1 - Toaster [x1],
TolyK - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 - FallacyofUrist [x12],
Vector - 0 -

Unused Votes - EuchreJack [x12], Maximum Spin [x1], Roden [x11], Superdorf [x6], Toaster [x11], TolyK [x12], TricMagic [x12], Vector [x12],

79 To Hammer. Setup Phase ends at 20:00 CDT on December 18th, 2021. (Approximately 25 minutes from now.)

Knightwing64 is currently the top Choice.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2021, 08:41:28 pm »

No vote.

Not going to get my pick if he doesn't even vote himself, so I'll keep my votes unspent, nya.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2021, 08:54:16 pm »

Hahaha!! May the game begin!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2021, 09:04:25 pm »

Man, I just hope that I don't get a role which obliges me to help Knightwing win or something.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 82