Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70151 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2021, 01:56:51 am »

"Kasuga's right. I'd've done the same thing."

Mildred crossed her arms over her stomach and turned back to the interloper.

"How long do we have before we find out which way the coin is gonna land?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2021, 05:44:26 am »

Akihiko just shrugs at Mori. It's clear from his expression he still doesn't buy it, but either he hasn't the energy to fight back or it's not the time. Probably both.

"I can't say. Could be now, could be in a few hours, so long as your negative emotions are enough to wake it up. That's why we have to get out of here as soon as possible. Being less stressed helps."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2021, 06:04:30 am »

"Alright~!  In that case, just stay close.  I'll make sure the coast is-"

Yui and Aika are suddenly interrupted.

Specifically, by seeing a person being thrown into a wall right in front of them. At closer inspection, they're taller and thinner than any normal human has any right to be, resembling a cat-like robot, large yellow eyes, followed by a tentacled, rock-like monster.

"E-eh..?  Is that a-"

Aika's eyes darted between the tentacle rock and the cat-bot.  Unfamiliar as the situation was for the young idol, she didn't need to be genius to put two-and-two together.  It was harder still, once one overcame the initial shock, to miss that the cat-bot was rather roughed up by slamming suddenly against a wall, and that there was now a tenta-stone bearing down on them from the path where Yui and Aika had previously planned to walk.  Quite in between the cafeteria, the girls, and anywhere else they might have wanted to flee.

Fortunately, if there was one thing life as an idol taught you, it was how to avoid freezing under pressure.

"Aiuchi-san, we've got one of those scary things!  Get ready to run!"

Saying that, of course, Aika bolted forward, taking the arm of the stunned cat-bot and doing her level best to pull her from the newly-made debris and back to her feet.

"H-hey, no time to rest there, neko-san!   You're still fighting!"

"I dunno who you are, and it might've been silly of me to run in, but that doesn't mean you can just lie there and give up!  There are students here who've got nowhere else to go if you don't beat this thing!  So, please, do your best and beat it up for us~!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2021, 08:55:01 am »

The cat-bot is somewhat too heavy even for Aika to manage, but she doesn't have to wait too long, for she begins to pull herself to her feet.
"...this thing is resistant to my attacks..."
She realises someone is holding her arm. She turns to Aika, then looks around, as Misa runs past Aika. She pulls herself to her feet as the tentacled beast is joined by other beasts.
"You. You three, you need to go, now! I'll hold them off!"
Chiyo places herself between the three students and the approaching beasts, clearly prepared to fight before-

"Burn."
[Now Playing: Theme of Gawain ~~Kamen Rider Build Main Theme~~]
The sound of a flame roaring to life can be heard briefly.

Then, in a burst of light, the beasts are incinerated, a searing sword of fire smashing through them, fading in a burst of moonlight, the fire leaving pink embers like cherry blossom petals. As more Onibi appear, a white blur approaches the four. One arm scoops up Chiyo and Misa, the other scoops up Yui and Aika.

"Wait....who are....it's you."

The four of them have a closer look at their saviour, a tall, masculine figure in white and red armor, a red flowing cape and a knight-like helmet, blue light issuing from their visor. A white kite shield is strapped to one hand, the hilt of a sword poking out of the top.

Though others might have heard of them, Yui has seen them first hand.

The White Knight of Mishima has come to save them.

"Stay still."

He sprints towards the entrance of the school, the sounds of metal smashing into rock fading away behind them.

The other group finally arrives at the entrance of the school, only it isn't as they remember it.

Akihiko stares around.

"This is.....this is the school, but this isn't the entrance. This is around the back. Where it happened. That whole thing with Sasanuma."
The memory of that day was still clear to him. True, he might've made it out without Mildred's help, but it saved him a lot of time. He didn't regret that it ended up there, or that he'd had to defend himself. It was the right thing to do, and he would never take that back.

But why here, why now?

"....this is one of the gardens around Hermelin. This isn't the entrance....what is this Domain?"
Just then, a white, armored figure surges through the entrance, carrying three students and another Kaijin. The moment he is safely out, he drops them on their feet.
"Found everyone else in the school, Scathach. And another Kaijin."
"...thank you. I...we owe you one."
"Don't thank me."
"Gawain, it's good to see you're safe. We need to figure out where the exit is."
"Saya should be around here, but...."

"....Akihiko?"

Akihiko's eyes widened, as he looked around for the source of that voice. Saya was sitting on the floor, her eyes clearly red from crying. The young man sprinted towards her, kneeling on the floor to tend to her, scooping her up in a hug.
"Saya! I'm glad you're okay. Come on, let's get out of here."
Gawain suddenly seemed to realise something. He moved towards Akihiko.
"Kasuga-!"
Scathach, however, stopped him, staring at him and shaking her head. After a moment, Gawain backed down.
"....I'm...I'm so sorry, Aki-kun. I couldn't protect you that day."
"What? When?"
"....when Sasanuma and his guys tried to come after you. I....I should've done something. I felt so guilty about it for so long...."
"Saya, I don't care about that. Please, don't worry about it. It was so long ago-"
"No, you don't get it, Aki-kun. You're....you can rush in like that. You've always had the courage to fight like that, but....all I can do is offer to help people in the Helper's Club. It's why I like being around you so much. You've always stuck up for me."
Suddenly, Saya stands up. A strange aura surrounds her, and a determined, almost obsessive look fills her eyes.
"But...now I can....now I can protect you too. I'm so...I'm so sorry. Please....forgive me."

One moment passed.

"Kasuga!"
Gawain suddenly yanks Akihiko back, as moonlight suddenly enshrouds Saya. Her body begins to warp, thinning, as white robes and metal plates attach themselves to her. Saya's face disappears behind a visor, the visor filling with a starfield filled with red stars. Her bottom of her legs disappear first into a field of stars, then into nothingness.

Akihiko stares at her.
"...S-Saya?"

"Please....help me. I only....want to help! Get away!"

Saya suddenly blasts moonlight at Akihiko's location, only for Gawain to yank him away.
"She's an Akuma! Scathach..."

Suddenly, a horde of Onibi appears from the school, more Onibi than had previously been seen. Scathach, Cath Palug and Gawain form a ring around the party to protect them, but...
"Do you think we can fight them?"
"I sense their weaknesses, but...."
"....there's too many."

The students, however, feel the site where their Akuma Seed begin to emit a painful feeling, like cold fire burning beneath their skin....

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2021, 09:05:37 am »

"Ah-! Fuck that hurts." Shiro reached a hand back to rub at the spot, trying to relieve the sensation to no avail.
"Yeah, this- this is probably happening right now." She fell to one knee. "I'm gonna do my best here, but no promises. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2021, 09:26:24 am »

"This... this shouldn't be possible." Misa tries convince herself as she staggers, hand going to her neck.

"Why us? Why me? Why does life have to keep being unfair?"

"I'm SICK OF THIS."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2021, 10:15:19 am »

"S-Saya..?" was all Shoji could mutter at the sight of what she could consider one of her only friends... Or what was supposed to be her. She didn't even register the horde of other creatures forming around them. Of course, she did register the burning pain in the back of her neck, stumbling slightly as her hands shot up to her neck.

Her Akuma seed was beginning to awaken. And at the worst time too.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2021, 12:00:38 pm »

The world went dark as Akihiko fell to the ground on all fours, the pain being too much to bear....
"...I'll....reach you, Saya..."
As all of your Inner Demons awaken, each of you enters a world within your own mind, a dark space within the darkest spaces.

The realm where your Inner Demon has long been kept and now wants to be released from.

Akihiko was next aware of himself when he found himself, standing in a dark space, dark as could be. Though he could see no floor nor ceiling nor end to the darkness, he could feel solid ground beneath his feet.

"All that "reaching Saya" bullshit. What was that about, really?"

The young man suddenly found himself aware of something else, speaking with his voice. He turned, and saw...

"Are you surprised?"

The creature before him was taller than Akihiko, at least two heads taller, and Akihiko wasn't exactly small. His body was red, half-carapace, half-muscle, golden spikes and trim running around his body in the imitiation of fanciful armor. The being was faceless, the space where eyes and ears ought to be occupied with golden spikes, and two large golden horns protruded from the top of his head, a silvery-white ponytail flowing from the back of his head. Akihiko had never seen him before, but somehow, he knew what he was.

"You're my...."
"Inner Demon? Yes, I am. I'm everything you ever hid from the world. The fear you had for Saya, growing up and now, that she's gone crazy. The hate you had for Sasanuma, for his goons doing that to Aiuchi and for the fact he practically got away except for you and Honda putting him in the hospital for a few days. The resentment you had, because everyone cast you aside after you did the right thing,-"

Akihiko glared at him.
"I did what I had to. I would never take it back. Never."
"...you're brave, too, foolish but brave, to accept all that without question. Nobody's like you, you know. Not even Saya could take it. You're like some hero from a light novel. Only....they had power. Or they had people's love, once they got going. You've got nothing."
"As long as I know that I did the right thing, as long as I know justice was done, I can take it."

The Inner Demon laughed.
"I'd know, of course. I've been with you your whole life. I look like this because of you, remember? All those shows you watched? All those superheroes you wanted to be? I'm all of that rolled up in one. This is what you wanted, isn't it?"
"....those are just stories. But their ideals....they're worth living by. They're strong enough to save others, to protect the weak, to stop those who'd take advantage of them. I have to be, too. People deserve justice, and justice needs to be sought."
"Really? You don't even have the good sense to look around you! What has your justice gotten you? Nobody likes you, Kasuga. Aiuchi? She probably doesn't even know you exist. Sasanuma? Still on the football team like he didn't try to put you in traction! They all turned a blind eye, and thought nothing of your justice! The only one you have on your side is Saya, and you can't save her now, not as weak as you are. The right thing hasn't ever worked out for you."
"If I can't do the right thing, then....no. I...I'll get stronger. I have to be. Justice doesn't stop mattering just because I'm the only one who'll seek it. Even if I'm the only one who'll seek it for Saya, I'll chase it!"
"I'm offering you the power to do the right thing. To be as strong as you want. So I can save Saya for you. So that you'll never care again what the world thinks or refuses to do, even if it rejects your ideals. You know they will. The justice you seek can only be made with your own two hands, Kasuga."

The Inner Demon extends his hand to Akihiko.

"Take my hand, and let me in. Make a deal with the devil. I can save the girl you care about the most. Save Honda. Save all of those other students. Become stronger than anyone else, than Akutagawa, than Honda. Just let me in."
Akihiko stares him down.
"...I won't let you rampage around as you please, no matter what. I'll take that power. I'll use it to save Saya and everyone else, and then...."
He closes his eyes. Someone had to have put those Akuma Seeds in them. He knew now what his next calling was.
"....I'll find the cause for all this. I'll bring him to justice, so nobody else gets hurt like Saya, like us. This power....it needs to be used for justice. Nothing more. Justice is all that matters."
He takes the Inner Demon's hand.

A pause. Akihiko breathed in, waiting for something to happen. The deal to fail, him to become an Akuma....

Nothing.

The Inner Demon seems to smile, despite not having a mouth to smile with. He laughs. Akihiko feels the demon's hands fading, as he sees the demon's form begin to erode, particles of the demon flying into Akihiko.
"....so, it's like that, huh? Even after finally waking up, I couldn't overcome you. It seems you win, kiddo. Your will's too strong, even for your own self. No wonder I hardly had a foothold on you. You've known all along who you are. Or...you really.....care about Saya, don't you?"
Akihiko didn't respond to his Inner Demon's provocations about Saya. The demon leans in, whispering into Akihiko's ear.
"My name....well, you know what it is already, don't you? You've known me your whole life. I'm the pure strength behind your fists, the fire that lights the way as you seek justice, the undying thirst that keeps you moving from battle to battle. You call for me, you can use my power. Now come on, kid. Let's begin. Let's show these bastards who Kasuga Akihiko is.

Let's save Saya. Together."

Akihiko nodded, as light began to overtake his sight.
"....thank you."

[Now Playing: First Team Transformation ~~LiveDevil~~]
Akihiko stood up.

He was back in the real world. Or, well, the Domain, Onibi surrounding his classmates.

He knew what he had to do.

He stood up, storming past Gawain. An Onibi's tentacle surged towards him, but he grabbed it, practically plucking it from mid-air. With a roar, he slams it into the ground, stunning the beast, as the gathered horde stares at him. Even in their utter mindlessness, this was beyond what they had expected.

Akihiko points at Saya, currently floating above the fight.
"I'll definitely save you, Saya. Wait for me!"
"Henshin, Ibaraki-Douji!"

Striking a pose, first by forming his hands into fists, pointing them forward and pumping them back and forth, before crossing his arms, Akihiko evoked a column of flame around himself. The flames were hot, but somehow, he didn't feel burned, as his body changed, not unpleasantly like Saya's transformation had been. The feeling was warm and it felt right; as if he was meant for this. His body grew taller, his musculature growing in size, his skin turning red and horns erupting from his skull, until he resembled the Inner Demon within him.

As he transformed for the first time, he heard his voice for one last time.

Save her for the both of us.

Akihiko Kasuga, second year student at Our Lady of Hermelin, was a Kaijin.
"Come on! Everyone!"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 08:12:33 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2021, 01:51:26 pm »

Mildred took a knee and put her hands to her head.

"Are you doing this, Saya...?"

And with that she felt a weightless sensation, as if falling... inwards.

Sounds of motorcycles revving, metal smashing, things of all materials and weights crashing against each other. Mildred's inner world was a chaotic place of destruction, an endless concrete landscape with random road delineations that led nowhere and objects of all varieties, often strangely sized, scattered about as if by a tornado. Something zipped by her with a low roar, and she turned to face it, picking up an intact bottle from the ground.

"Too slow, Mildred."

Honda turned again, trying to catch the voice, as she sidestepped toward a light pole. With a loud crash, she broke the bottle against it and held it out, ready to strike.

"You think you can solve everything with violence, don't you? Any problem you find yourself in, you just growl and bite until it goes away."

"I'll show you what violence can solve. Just stop running and I'll give you a lesson you'll never forget."

"That smug bastard is right, isn't he? There's no complexity to you. All you are is a beast acting on instincts - run, fight, chase, sleep. What kind of future do you think exists for you?"

"He doesn't know anything about me, and neither do you if you're coming at me with that."

The shape zipped by again, and Mildred stabbed out at it with the shards... but she got nothing but wind.

"Do you really think you can fight me? Me, who is everything you are, every reaction, every instinct in a fight? I know everything you're going to do before you do, and I'm better at it than you."

"Maybe I can't beat you. But I'm not going to stand here and let you win, either. If you want me to be a monster, you're going to have to make one of me, because that is not who I am. Everything you say, maybe that's how people see me, but if you're really me then you know why I fight."

The shape blurred by again, ripping the bottle from her hand and launching it into the distance. She could hear it shatter at the very edge of sound, and she raised her fists.

"Bold, girl, to think you can stand against your inner demon? 'Bravery in the face of defeat', is it? Explain to me why you're not a monster."

"Because I've never attacked anyone for personal gain. I've only ever fought to earn respect, and to protect people who can't fight themselves. If you are 'everything that I am,' then you know that I've never hurt anyone who didn't deserve it."

The shape slowly floated down from above, revealing herself - it almost looked like Mildred herself, but decidedly more androgynous, in green biker leathers with crimson muscles and a silver horned helmet, the glass tinted opaque blue. The same blue as Mildred's eyes, almost giving her the impression that the front itself was one big iris that she could see herself reflected in.

"No, you haven't. We both know you aren't who people think you are. You're no 'mad dog', Mildred. You're a wolfhound, protecting the flock from the savage wolves. Take my power, and show everyone your true face."

"My true face... Who are you?"

"I am the pursuit of enemies, the winds of victory in war. I am Proioxis, and I am your ideal."

As she spoke, Proioxis turned into swirling vapors and surged into Mildred. The world started to fade away, as if crumbling bit by bit, and with each that fell away Mildred felt her own strength growing...

Mildred opened her eyes and looked up through the thick mop of hair that had fallen in front of her face. She stood slowly, pushing it back out of her eyes as she did.

"I'm going to hit that Akuma until it leaves you be, Akitsuki. Just wait for me."

She raised a fist.

"Proioxis! Bring the winds of war!"

The wind whipped around Mildred, sending her hair flying and hiding her from view with various bits of debris as it formed a miniature tornado... then suddenly it all shot away, leaving her nearly floating on powerful winds as her ponytail blew in the breeze.

"I have your back, Kasuga!"
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 02:56:45 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2021, 02:30:56 pm »

Shiro wasn't surrounded with silence. No, that would be too easy. Indistinct shapes, faces that almost - almost, but not quite - looked like her parents, her grandparents, her teachers, they watched her from the corners of her vision, looming over her until she tried to get a good look at them. Their eyes boring into her back, wherever it was turned.

"This is just sad."

Shiro glanced behind herself. Nothing. She looked forward again, and there stood an armored figure, illuminated starkly against the hazy background. The armor was exaggerated, thorny-looking and clearly meant to inspire awe and terror in those who beheld it. Yet, as it took three steps toward her, she could see nothing within. The helmet's face was open, but all that stared back at her were two burning pinpricks of light.

"What the hell do you want from me?" Shiro started to bring her fists up to protect herself, but only found herself stumbling backward when the figure took a sudden, swift step toward her, one arm rising into the air in an all-too-familiar fashion.

"It's simple." The arm dropped. "I want what you want, of course. I want you to be powerful. To stand head and shoulders above your peers. To be somebody." A step back once more. "What is it, exactly, that you think this game you're playing with the world is going to accomplish?"

"If you're supposed to be my Inner Demon, then you should know damn well what it's about."

"Do I? I know what you're going to say. You're just being who you are and who you want to be. But does that sound right to you? You're supposed to be a girl who terrifies everyone into never speaking to her at school, and you are a wannabe criminal who gets their kicks from committing petty larceny and assault. Is that what you're going to tell me?"

This time, Shiro took a step back.
"I-I mean, no, that's. . . that's not what I-"

"Pathetic. How weak are you? Can't even admit to yourself what's actually happening in your own life. Aren't you supposed to be a strong, proud Akari?"

"Yeah, that's what I'm supposed to be, what about it?"

The figure closed the distance between them again. It stood a good foot taller than her, maybe more, yet she felt even more like a patronized child than she should.

"Here's what's going to happen. You're going to let me make you that. You'll have all the power to tell everyone to do whatever you damn well want. People will respect and fear the name of Akari Shiro as they should."

Shiro was silent for a long moment.

"Well?"

"Fine. I'll take that power." Shiro turned partially away from the demon, gazing off into the watchful nothing. "Just do what you need to."

"I was expecting more resistance." The Inner Demon stepped forward, then reached out a hand, moving to place it atop Shiro's head. "I'll fulfill my promise, don't you worry."

Shiro's hand snapped upward at the last moment, closing around the wrist of the demon a breath before its hand landed.

"I said I was taking the power. I'm not going to let you or anyone else decide what I'm doing with it." Her head moved up too, glaring back at the Inner Demon with the same defiant light that shone from its empty visor. The armored figure froze for a second, then laughed.

"That's what I was waiting to see." The hand came down, turning their contact into an awkward sort of handshake. "There's a question I didn't actually ask you."

"I don't have an answer for you, but I'd ask you the same thing."

"I am Pyrrha. I am the will to cut through opposition, and the light that shows the path, regardless of the dark that surrounds you."

"And I am Akari Shiro. I don't know what that means, but I'm going to find out." She reached out to pull the helmet off the indistinct figure. As she put it over her own head, the world around her disappeared into a blinding flash. . .

Shiro stood up, slowly but full of resolute purpose.
"I'm ready for this now." The heiress took a defiant step forward. "We'll cut them down, Pyrrha!" She raised one arm in the air, as if hoisting an invisible weapon, and a column of light slammed down from the heavens to blot out her form entirely. As quickly as it came, it was gone, leaving a towering armored figure in her place, wielding a glowing blade.
"I'll show you all what I'm really made of."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2021, 03:14:20 pm »

The flurry of events overwhelmed Yui, and all she could do was freeze in place as everything around her happened, unable to even twitch a muscle.

That is, until the White Knight appeared, filling her eyes with hope.

"S-see? I told you, he'd co...!"

Yui's exclamation was silenced as he disappeared as fast as he came. And then the sudden pain happened.

"Aaaah...!"

Like the others, she collapsed to the floor, the world turning dark around her...

When Yui's vision returned, she stared directly at a green suit of armor which was, frankly, overdesigned. It didn't move, but Yui instinctively knew that something was inside and alive that suit.

"What are...?"

The eyeslit suddenly emitted a short-lived burst of red light, startling Yui in the process.

"Is that all it takes to waver your resolve? Pathetic. Useless."
"U-useless? Pathetic? But everybody would be scared in a situation like that..."
"Humans are the same in their fears. But how they express themselves in those situations are what makes them unique. Which means that you're just a unique brand of pathetic and useless."

A flame of seldomly felt anger sparked inside of Yui's stomach.

"Excuse me?! Isn't it normal to try to survive?!"
"Survive? Maybe. But surviving is an easy goal to set. That you only aim to do something that easy, that makes you pathetic and useless. Even flies can survive. Are you as worthless as a fly?"
"O-of course not, I...!"
"You didn't dare to confront your father, your bullies, and you fear to tell your new friends what happened to you in the past. Maybe that's a form of survival. But it's nothing more. Do something human for once, instead of staying an animal that masquerades as one."
"..."
"You survived. But nothing has changed. Figure out for yourself what you have to do to change something. And if you can't... maybe being an Akuma suits you after all. Those are only animals too."

The green suit of armor turned around and started moving into the infinite darkness.

"... I want to live, too!"

The suit of armor stopped, but didn't turn around.

"You are right, I should have done something. But I also fear the consequences of my actions... But as you said, everybody probably feels a similar fear in that. Yet, some are able to do something. To change something."

The flame of anger burned brighter.

"And the first thing I'm gonna do to change myself is to beat you up for having such a haughty tone!"

The armor laughed as it turned around.

"YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT ME?! THAT'S CUTE! GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT!"
"SHUT THE HELL UP, MARC'HEG GWER!"

Yui sprinted forward, raised her fist and swung it at the armor. It catches the fist with its own hand, but slowly turned it into a handshake.

"About time that you're honest to yourself. You're still unrefined, but I can work with that. Time to become human and do a difference, Aiuchi Yui."

The young student gazed at the eyeslit in the helmet, shaking the hand back.

"I will show you what I'm capable of!"

When Yui's consciousness returned, she opened up her eyes wide and stood up.

"White Knight! I apologize for having been a burden back then. This will not happen again! Marc'heg Gwer, I'll walk in your steps!"

And with that sentence, Yui slightly rises into the air as a massive green suit of, frankly, overdesigned armor materialized and encapsulated her.

"Time to finally make a move."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2021, 08:21:38 pm »

With the pain building up within Shoji's neck, the reporter found it harder and harder to stand straight. Ultimately, it didn't matter what she did to stop the pain, as the world simply grew darker and darker, until there was nothing but silence.

"It's about time. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time."

"... Trying to hide still? No amount of cowering will stop our meeting, Shizuko Shoji."

"WAKE UP"

With a start, Shoji's eyes snapped open, immediately being greeted with a black void, along with the sensation of floating within water. Somehow, Shoji could make out distant storm clouds incircling the void she floated in, as if this place was an 'eye'. But, most importantly, there stood a figure in front of her, a large form clad in black robes, yellow trimming along its edges, and a large, spear-like appendage poking out from its right sleeve. Its head was simply a blue orb, occassionally rippling as if it was water, and topped with a yellow, v-shaped crown.

And she could tell that it was staring right at her.

"W-What..?"

"Greetings. You and I have a lot to talk about."

"A-About what? Saya-"

"What about Saya? She needs to be helped? And what do you, one who never stood up for herself, plan to do to help?" the figure asked, tilting their head slightly as Shoji fell silent, "Understand that you're going to die soon. Overrun by mindless Akuma, even with the Black Princess and White Knight protecting you." Everyone around you will die, and you, cowering behind them, will watch it unfold..."

"Unless you had the power to say otherwise."

Instantly, Shoji's eyes flicked up, the figure taking a step forward, the storm clouds in the distance rumbling slightly, "All your life, you've envied the strength of others, have you not? Kasuga's willingness to step up and fight for what he believes inspired you, but you never had the strength to do the same. You've always stood still, watching others carve their paths, out of fear for what they might think of you. But with me, we can finally make our own path. Cast your doubts aside, Shizuko Shoji. Embrace what you were meant to be" the figure stated, stopping just before it reached Shoji, whose gaze had fallen as she took in its words. For a few seconds, neither spoke, nor did they move. But ultimately, Shoji sighed, closing her eyes,

"... I won't deny it. I have envied others. Everyone's always been so... Strong, and I've never had that same strength" she began, her floating form finally starting to lower itself to the ground and allow her to stand on her own two feet again, just as the girl looked back up at the figure, a rare look of conviction in her eyes,

"... But I won't be what you want me to be. Or what they want me to be." she stated. It was hard for her to physically stand up to the figure in front of her, seeing as it was nearly three heads taller than her, but even her attempt to fight back seemed to impress the figure, who nodded, kneeling down to be slightly more on her level,

"Then what do you want to be? What will you do with the strength you've yearned for all your life?"

"... Right now, I'll help Akihiko and the others save Saya. After that, we'll have to decide. One step at a time."

"... Then it's time for both of us to wake up."

With a start, Shoji's eyes snapped open, her hands falling from her neck as she straightened. The young girl focused on Saya, taking a deep breath as she raised her right hand above her head and closed her eyes,

"... Awaken, Leviathan."

With those two words, a flurry of storm clouds erupted from around Shoji, quickly enveloping her before swiftly dissipating, starting from the bottom. Where the small, red girl once stood, a large, cloaked figure remained, its raised arm in the form of a spear. Once its transformation was complete however, the figure lowered its arm, pointing its edge at the Akuma that used to be Saya.

"Let's go."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 09:27:25 am by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2021, 02:37:21 pm »

Just as Misa finishes declaring her opinion of the currently occurring events the pain in her neck reappears, and worse then before. Just as the pain rose beyond any hope of her tolerating it, the stabbing sensation iced over... along with the world beyond.

"You're fed up with it, hmm?"

"What? What fresh nightmare is this?" Misa demands of the strange apparition.

"You've told yourself you were done with things before, that you weren't going to take it any more."

"What makes this time any different? How do you expect to keep your word in the harsh light of day, and not run back to your books?"

Misa pauses, giving the... fairy?... a long look.

"I don't know who you are... but this was supposed to be a change." Misa admits.

"A new school, a new house... friends even, maybe."

"An escape... No, a new escape from all the things I hated in my life."

"An escape? Now now, stop lying to yourself. An escape... an escape is something you do. And you did nothing. Nothing but sit and hide."

"I did, didn't I?" Misa asks herself. "I... mom, dad, they saved me once again."

"Is it wrong, to be tired of being saved?"

"It's... and now it's all going bad again. I don't know what's going on. But..."

"Knowledge has always been your refuge." The fairy acknowledges. "But in our case, we've turned our dreams into a cage."

"A cage... my dreams started out as shelter, armor." Misa realizes, speaking softly to herself more then the fairy. "But she's right. It's stopped being only a defense long ago. I've let not knowing what to do, not knowing why, not knowing how to make things better, stop me for too long. "

"I've turned hope into an excuse."

Misa clenches her fists.

"So I need to stop hoping for a rescue..."

"...When it's past time I made my escape."

"Knowledge, hope, desire alone isn't enough." Misa and the fairy speak as one as they close their eyes.

"We need to take action too." Only one person is there when she opens her eyes, and all of them are herself. "And we've waited more then long enough."

"I'll make my dreams into reality with my own two hands."

The ice covering the world cracks, shatters, breaks...

Revealing the world once more.

"..." Misa straightens up, standing up tall for the first time tonight.

Her eyes snap open. "I've retreated into dreams long enough. It's time for this Pixie to take flight. "
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 01:32:04 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2021, 05:27:02 pm »

The chill in Masaru's back sharpened rapidly, and he immediately collapsed back onto the ground. He struggled to lift himself back up, struggled to keep his head up to look at the Akuma that was about to end him, but in the end...

Blinding. Masaru felt no light touch him, and yet when he tried to open his eyes, they seared with pain. All he could see was blinding radiance. It was as if a million flickering sparks, like candlelights, were washing over his sightline. And if not being able to see clearly wasn't enough, a deafening white noise blasted his ears as well, rendering everything silent. It was nearly impossible to see and hear anything, much less focus on the figure in front of him. And yet, the figure made him focus.

"It is purely of your own make, you understand. That light in your eyes, that sound in your ears..."

"That... Kaijin... Scathach... she said that the Akuma Seed would wake my 'Inner Demon' up. I see no one else it could be. Now, dispel this light, and leave me be. I need to stay focused on the moment at hand!"

"Oh now, since when has the moment at hand been of your concern? You have no present tense worth enjoying, and your past is questionable at best, "Demura Masaru". Of course, our every action for over three years, for all our life, has only been intended for the shining, radiant future you see before you. And the future it will always be. It will never become your past, your present. Always in sight, but never behind you."

"That is what you would have me believe the limits of my resolve are? A pathetic ruse. If I make it out of this alive and human, I will become everything I promised I'd be, just you wait."

The figure scoffed, and stepped forward.

"What is it we waiting for, again, these promises? For you to become the student council president? The valedictorian of a prestigious college? Mayor of Kaname-cho? Or are we waiting your family to love you? For anyone at all to more than barely tolerate you? Don't tell me you cannot tell what they all think of you."

"..."

"I thought that politicians were supposed to have words. Does the name of "Demura" not suit you? After all, the insufferable clown and that man fouling the Helper's Club's reputation were both more trusted to hold the position than you. Now, open your eyes and ears, and hear this:

"There was never a "Demura Masaru". I see no past, no present, not even a future for us. What you're seeing isn't that shining radiance. It is your efforts, your one-track focus. All this time, you have been blinding yourself to the world."

The figure approached ever closer, before extending its hand to Masaru.

"Nothing you have done has helped. It hasn't even been anywhere near the right track. But I can offer you something else. I can offer you the power, and the kingdom, you desire. I can make you a ruler. You need only ask."

Masaru shifted his fingers uncomfortably, clenching his fists... and releasing them.

"What, and rule a Domain where my subjects cower in fear of me? You accuse my actions of not being on the right track, but that would be going in the opposite direction altogether! We both know that what I want was never going to be as easy as you're promising."

"If I lack a present tense, it is because my life is a work in progress. I cannot truly see the end in sight, and I know I am not there yet... but that is merely the due process of it. I knew it would be like this on the outset."

"I will become the man worthy of my pride, and of my name. To the world and the history books, if not to my family. I may not be a leader yet, but I will become one, and I will need the sum of my, your, our strength, every step of the way." He then extended his hand in turn. "Now, how were those for 'words'?"

The figure firmly grasped Masaru's hand. The noise subsided, and his eyes managed to adjust to, and see through, the light.

"You aced the test. Full marks."

As all of Masaru's senses returned to him, he picked himself back up, and raised his index finger towards what Akitsuki had become.

"I, Demura Masaru, son of Mitsuaki, son of Masashi, do call upon you! My eyes and ears, Vasusena! Ignite! Illuminate!

A burning light surrounded him, and in the next instant, a lithe, black figure, his silver breastplate adorned with a large cloak and his helmet with golden earpieces, took his place. Soon after he took his place, a flare of information erupted from his left eye, and in his hand an intangible arrow appeared, and in the other a bow of the same hue.

"Let us end this false world."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:53:28 pm by Unlurking Sentinel »
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2021, 08:43:38 pm »

"Akitsuki-san?  W-wait, is she the one calling these things?  Akitsuki-san, please, we-!"

Aika was cut off by the cold fire burning in her neck, forcing her to fall to the floor with a strangled gasp, curling up and holding her head as she struggled to fight back tears, to even stay awake.  But, as with the others, this was a losing battle.  The last thing she saw was the others falling to the floor.  The last thing she felt was a sense of helplessness as the Onibi started closing in.

Tap.  Tap.  Tap.  Footsteps echoed through the still and silence, through chambers and halls of inconceivable size.  An impression of an elegant palace, shaped and crafted by the spirits of the world from their own forms over the course of ages, bright and vibrant and bursting with life and song--or, rather, it could have been.  Or it was, once.  None now saw its grandeur.  None now remembered its glory.  It was lost, lost and abandoned; isolated save for the sole guest now aimlessly wandering its halls, unable to appreciate the beauty around her.

She could not see it, after all.  She could only feel the impression it left upon her, there in the shimmering darkness. 

Aika felt terribly alone.

"You don't need to, if you would wish otherwise."

"Ah-!"

The idol froze, looking this way and that through the darkness.  Soft laughter echoed around her, though it never reached Aika's ears.  Nor did the voice, however musical it might be.  The silence remained deafening.

But as with the palace, it left its impression.  She could still hear the familiar voice speaking in her heart.

"Please, sit, Aika-chan.  You must be exhausted, after your journey here."

And so the idol found herself sitting, though she could not see where.  She felt she must be at the impression of a table.  She felt the empty warmth of invisible, metaphysical tea between her hands.  She still saw nothing.  Or should have been able to see nothing.

Still, somehow, it felt like the shadows began to take form in front of her.

"Good.  I'm glad we could meet like this, Aika-chan.  It's been so long, and you've been working so hard."

"Please, take a moment to catch your breath.  I am always happy to provide you what hospitality I can."

"You're...  Who are you?"

There was a pause, and then the laughter again.  It sounded almost pitying, this time.

"Oh, Aika-chan...  Is it not obvious?"

"'I am thou... and thou art I.'  As the old saying goes."

Aika blinked, then narrowed her eyes, focusing on the mass of shadows sitting across from her.

"You... It's true, isn't it?  You're really my Inner Demon..."

The shadows shifted, as if inclining what might have been their head.

"'Inner Demon...' If you would call me that, I suppose I am, Aika-chan.  That part of you that you bury deep, deep within yourself, refusing to let any see.  Your innermost thoughts.  Your greatest fears.  And many other things besides."

"You admit so much.  What else would I call you, then, if not that?"

"I would like you to call me your friend, Aika-chan."

Aika blinked again, her expression turning to one of bemusement.  The shadows shimmered, silent laughter even more silent than before.

"It's true, Aika-chan.  It is my only wish to protect you, after all.  To support you, when you would be left so very, very alone...  As you were before."

"..."

The shadows drifted nearer, circling around Aika, almost like they were dancing.

"Poor dear...  You did very well for yourself, too, these past few years.  You've made so many friends.  You have so many that admire you.  You've worked so hard to bring them joy, to earn that affection, even knowing..."

"Knowing?  Knowing what?"

"Knowing it will slip away, of course."

Aika gave the shadows a sharp look.  The shadows tsked in turn.

"You know it must, of course.  Even if you survive here, it will end in time.  Even young as you are, you'll still grow older.  Your fans will lose interest.  Your friends will drift apart.  Each of you will go your separate paths, fading first from memory, and then simply fading.  You'll be alone again.  You'll suffer for it, poor girl.  And then you'll die as less than a dream, just as all of them must."

"..."

The shadows drifted closer still.  Aika could feel them brushing against her, solid-yet-ephemeral.  She could feel cool, ghostly hands cupping her cheeks, patting her hair as if to reassure her.

"I can help, you know, Aika-chan.  The dream doesn't need to fade, after all.  Not here.  If you would but take my hand and let me, I could ensure that you aren't forgotten.  I could ensure your friends are protected.  I could ensure that your dream remains alive forever within these halls, just as it ever was, and ever can be.  An eternal palace of light and music, where none ever need fear abandonment again."

The void/the palace fell into true silence again, as both Aika and the shadows remained there in thought.  Eventually, though, the idol spoke.

"You make an interesting offer, shadow-me-san~.  But are you quite done?"

"Hm?  Whatever do you mean, Aika-chan?"

"If you're the inner me, you should know what I mean.  Those fears, those worries... they're nothing I haven't considered before, right?  I know all about them.  I know Coral ☆ Light can't last forever.  I know, someday, we'll have to go our separate ways.  But..."

"But..?"

"But that's fine!"

Aika beamed.

"Even the greatest dream doesn't last forever.  People change--and even if you don't think you do, you can't stay young forever.  Every girl in the business knows that, though none of us likes talking about it.  But that doesn't mean change is always bad.  People grow, too."

"And even if you change, it doesn't mean you stop being friends.
 It doesn't mean you didn't inspire people to better themselves as they were.  And y'know, if we work hard, when things are done... even if we all go our separate ways, I think each of our individual stars will be all the brighter for what we're doing now.  And each of us can light new stars on the way."

"Keeping things as they are sounds like a nice dream... but it'd be nicer still to support my friends.  To help each of them shine, and to grow and shine myself with the support they give me."

"Thanks for the imaginary tea, miss~"

Aika made to stand.  To her surprise, she found a pair of hands--real, solid, material hands--taking hers and helping her to her feet.

"Aika-chan... I'm not sure what we thought would happen, when it came to this meeting.  There is much pain for you ahead, if you will not reconsider.  But I am truly proud of you.  And I cannot say I am necessarily displeased with your answer."

Aika tilted her head.  After another moment, the idol grinned.

"Hey, shadow-me-san~!  Would you be up for an arrangement?  I think a few possible friends need a bit of help."

"Of course, Aika-chan.  Though perhaps we should call me something other than shadow-you, hm?"

"Probably~!  So, then, shadow-me-san.  What's your name?"

Aika's eyes opened.  With a surprising energy, the idol sprung to her feet, smiling as brightly as ever.

"Have no fear, neko-san~!  You've got this.  We've all got this!  And we'll get Saya-chan out of here, too!"

Aika closed her eyes, pressing a hand to her chest.  She took a deep breath.  Then another.  Then she raised her voice, as if she were upon the stage.

"~Listen to my song, daughter of the sea!  Otohime, like stars sparkling upon the waves, fill our hearts with light!~"

"~And let your currents carry us to happiness!~"

"Alright, everyone!  Let's go!"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 05:23:33 am by Lucus Casius »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 85