Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buff demon adventurers  (Read 4046 times)

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
Buff demon adventurers
« on: October 19, 2021, 11:11:12 pm »

Just playing around with my vampire fort shit and i was starting a new adventurer to get another slab for my avarice. A new option was present. Buff demon. I think its a flying insect thing but my description is poor.
How does this happen?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Buff demon adventurers
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 11:20:41 pm »

It might be an experiment
Experiments sometimes escape into the wild, and intelligent ones can rejoin civilization - in the latter case, they may become playable race options in adventurer mode.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 11:39:20 pm »

I was about to edit but I'll post seeing as you have.
It is from a goblin civ. I raw edited playable human gob and elf civs and forts.
It's a towering scaly mayfly. Buff is it's color. It's definitely a demon and not an experiment as none have been made in this world yet and I have wiped 80% of 'hostile' npc necromancers.
It's probably cause I have playable civs for goblins.
I'll see if it can become a fortress worker.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 09:29:50 pm »

It is from a goblin civ. I raw edited playable human gob and elf civs and forts.
It's a towering scaly mayfly. Buff is it's color. It's definitely a demon and not an experiment as none have been made in this world yet and I have wiped 80% of 'hostile' npc necromancers.
once you raw edit goblin civ to be playable you open the door to demon citizens to be playable as dug deep dwarf forts often sprang out 200+ demons as citizens and that small window of opportunity the game makes them part of the population and adv playable.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 04:14:46 am »

Hmmm i thought it had to do with a goblin leader serpent demon that is also a playable race.
My legends viewing is poor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 08:55:28 pm »

once you raw edit goblin civ to be playable you open the door to demon citizens to be playable as dug deep dwarf forts often sprang out 200+ demons as citizens and that small window of opportunity the game makes them part of the population and adv playable.

Hm, how many pages does that add to the Adventurer creature selection screen?  Each of those demons is usually unique, right?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 05:08:45 am »

Hm, how many pages does that add to the Adventurer creature selection screen?  Each of those demons is usually unique, right?
not many given I think it adds only sapient ones into the list.
so you might get like 6 or 2 or 10 depending what setting of max demons you have for the world and randomization being kind.
that 200+ demon count is the number of demons not the number of demon types, you'll end up with repeats in that hellish mosh pit of soldiers.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes