Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Militiadwarves turn into high priests during a raid  (Read 2279 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Militiadwarves turn into high priests during a raid
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 07:11:41 am »

Did....did DF implement crusades?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 08:34:48 am »

use this methods to make whole fort clerics
armok wills it

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 09:19:10 am »

Perhaps since the leaders had died, electivity works in mysterious ways, and then each dwarf nominated the other down the tree?

Id split the save, then retire & open legends mode (leaving the other fortress save intact to keep playing at) in order to have a look at particular sects, or maybe ask someone to bring in a script who can give out names to who EXACTLY is making the decisions since you're consistently getting new clergy or if its some sort of null that can choose anybody

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 11:59:43 am »

Yes, I've been running frequent Legends dumps since this first happened, just to see what's happening inside these sects. So far there's no common theme between them. Some religions have had no leadership and only few followers for centuries. Some are doing very well and are granting high priest titles left and right for no apparent reason. Some religions aren't even from my civilization, but for some reason my fortress-born kids have been their members from birth.

There is also nothing common between the title recipients, outside of them being members of the sects in question and being militiadwarves who have recently seen action. Some are the only members of their sect in the fortress, but not all of them.

Now that I think of it, this whole thing began when I started retaliating against the invading goblin civilization, The Terror of Fogs. Raiding necromancer towers earlier didn't trigger it, nor did missions against the other hostile (human) civilization, The Confederacy of Hermits. I have to test this a bit more to see if only fighting goblins will grant titles from now on.

I don't think the concept of holy war has been implemented in DF... or has it? I'm starting to have doubts.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2021, 02:49:10 pm »

Well, looking through the old devlogs on the front page, I have found reference to religious military orders being implemented, on 1/30/19... Swear I remember hearing something about at least sites fighting over religious reasons- God of Life Vs. God of Death for example- but I don't know where that was.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2021, 05:50:57 pm »

Well, looking through the old devlogs on the front page, I have found reference to religious military orders being implemented, on 1/30/19... Swear I remember hearing something about at least sites fighting over religious reasons- God of Life Vs. God of Death for example- but I don't know where that was.

Spheres do definitely have a effect, i've seen a clown related to fire take offence to the local river worshipping elves for instance as a casus belli but it largely depends on said creature and the existing framework. Quietust also mined out some information from 40d df in the area of spheres with their effects on temple architecture and habitual details.

Fire is the most predictable out of the lot, lots of putting to the stake.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2021, 08:52:44 pm »

This was very enlightening, because the same happened to me but with noble titles.  My warriors went off the map and as soon as they returned, three of them became barons of various other forts in my civ and one became a count.  I ended up having to retire the fort just because of the constant nonstop demands and foolishness of that large of a noble presence.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.
Pages: 1 [2]