Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 32470 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2021, 07:53:49 pm »

Be realistic
*bangs head
Cynical != Realistic

The song isn't about accurately reflecting what people feel in the aftermath of disaster. It's a call to pick up the pieces afterward, to continue on despite the hardships, and - considering it's a crowd song - a way to reaffirm everybody's dedication to the community as a whole, which is something people clearly need to survive in this setting.

A song was never going to be able to portray the full range of emotions people feel in these situations, or at least not one concise and simple enough for people to sing together. Given that, I think it's best the song errs on the side of optimism, which keeps people going, than pessimism, which may well leave people asking "why bother?"

The song answers that question. "Why bother?" Bother because, despite everything, there is still the community, there are still your friends, there is still your family. Everyone's going through it together, and you can pull through because they're all there to support you.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2021, 08:00:18 pm »

I'm kind of assuming he wants 2 for some spoiler-based reason he's just barely incapable of not letting on about.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2021, 09:12:25 pm »

At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2021, 09:32:25 pm »

We like the theme.

You smile. Even in the midst of sadness, the town has always rallied to lift each other's spirits. And why not be optimistic? Your community can't be broken by some random bad weather events, however destructive. (Increased Optimism.)

The fiddle player goes back to improvising, and you spot Tal at the head of the meat line, dressed in a dusty crimson tunic and wearing her purple stuffed monkey Noodles with his floppy arms tied around her waist. She sees you, smiles, and waves. You can't hear what she says to the man handing out the meat, but in response, he gives her another extra big slice of pork. Tal comes over and offers to sit with you.

Are you going to eat the pork?

1.Yes, all meat is great.
2.I eat meat, but not pork.
3.No, I don't eat meat.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2021, 09:54:45 pm »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2021, 10:30:22 pm »

I have no idea what this could mean in the context of the game but I feel like doing it this way.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2021, 10:48:39 pm »

I have no idea what this could mean in the context of the game but I feel like doing it this way.
Based on my short experience with Choice Of Games, I suspect it's just a chance to "put yourself in the game" and be "represented!!!!", and I hate that, so I picked the exact opposite option from my reality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2021, 11:01:37 pm »

Based on my short experience with Choice Of Games, I suspect it's just a chance to "put yourself in the game" and be "represented!!!!", and I hate that, so I picked the exact opposite option from my reality.

I suppose it's time to be contrary then

At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2021, 03:56:41 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2021, 05:39:54 am »

I didn’t want that choice for any particular reason. I just choose what I would do myself. If we picked cowbell we would have gotten a achievement.

We love the meats

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2021, 09:16:46 am »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2021, 09:32:47 am »

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2021, 01:52:43 pm »

We eat meat. I was also kind of curious what happens if we have a pork restriction in a world without Abrahamic religions.

Tal offers you some of her pork, and you share.

"So, what have you been up to since we got back?" you ask Tal.

"Got a hunt that's been giving me trouble," Tal says. "Dodecapede descending from the mountains to eat crops. I've tried twice now to follow it to its lair, but having twelve legs apparently makes you a crazy fast climber. Followed the tracks into some mines, then I lost the trail." She glances at you, then nudges you repeatedly. "Eh? Eh? Wanna come? Wanna come?"

1.Offer to assist in the hunt, free of charge.
2.Offer to help in exchange for half Tal's fee: 200 gold.
3.I pass. I'd rather spend time studying magic.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56