Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone IC Thread - Tick 2: Essential Living  (Read 5397 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone IC Thread - Tick 0: Humble Beginnings
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 04:15:03 pm »

"Ah, so we have plans, then?" The goatman asks, leaning on his twisty cane. "...Forgive me, but could I ask how I can help? I'm afraid that I'm not quite sure how to start building something like a seat of power..."
"Probably some sort of artifact or perhaps a plant/mineral based construction, best chance would be multiple. A plant/mineral which forms a barrier, artifact or two to manage and sculpt it into something"
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 04:29:02 pm »

The Defender speaks in a deep, gravelly voice. "I have plans from the echoes of creations in spaces beyond the void we find ourselves in. Simply give me a moment to retrieve them from the reaches of my mind and I shall present them."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 04:42:35 pm »

Story Maker
"While you are doing that I believe I will begin the recording of the world" The pyramid shifts and the Cores come into existence, scattered across the void
Mineral/Plant Name: Core
Mineral/Plant Description: Blue crystals that thrum with life and energy
Special Abilities: These objects store a record of the world around them within themselves. They are also able to grow and split off. The process used to store their records generates energy, causing them to generate ever increasing amounts of energy the older they get.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 08:43:04 am by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 05:33:22 pm »

“Don’t we need our power inside us to live? If I end up putting lots of power into something, I want that something to defend itself from harm . I hope the energy made by the plants will be usable by the Sporeflies

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 06:11:53 pm »

"Ah, my roots should create material as a byproduct, giving us a renewable source of mundane building blocks. Perhaps I could offer an artifact as well?"
😄✨🤣✨👍 Stares thoughtfully at nothing in particular.

"Ah! I know just what to build!"

(edit to earlier action post)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2021, 08:10:20 pm »

If we are to each fork our own image of what the world should be, we will never be above to create anything with a modicum of stability. What do we want out of a world, and what do we need out of a world? Perhaps first and foremost, we need a way to regain our strength. If a world we create does not have the potential for that, then we should find an alternative. It will need to accommodate us all, unless any or us wish to create their own worlds. It will need to accommodate the things we have already made. It will need many things. I propose a sphere. Not an interesting choice perhaps, but even if is not the final outcome, it is somewhere to start actual discussions. There may come a time when we can afford  not to communicate, but these moments are crucial. What we choose here will affect us until the end of things..

The tall, horned humanoid closes its 3 pwirs of eyes and sits back down on nothing in particular dissolving into something dark with many eyes far, far in the distance.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2021, 08:14:18 pm »

If we are to each fork our own image of what the world should be, we will never be above to create anything with a modicum of stability. What do we want out of a world, and what do we need out of a world? Perhaps first and foremost, we need a way to regain our strength. If a world we create does not have the potential for that, then we should find an alternative. It will need to accommodate us all, unless any or us wish to create their own worlds. It will need to accommodate the things we have already made. It will need many things. I propose a sphere. Not an interesting choice perhaps, but even if is not the final outcome, it is somewhere to start actual discussions. There may come a time when we can afford  not to communicate, but these moments are crucial. What we choose here will affect us until the end of things..

The tall, horned humanoid closes its 3 pwirs of eyes and sits back down on nothing in particular dissolving into something dark with many eyes far, far in the distance.

I agree with eye dude, Although a sphere may be overdone, All that means is that works effectively.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 08:17:48 pm »

"Ah, I remember now."
Quote from: Ages long past
TL;DR: Hollow world surrounding a black hole, illuminated by moons and powered by Penrose effect. Both inner and outer surface habitable.

The world envisioned by the Defender, which has yet to be named, would, at its center, hold a great black hole, encased by the hollow planet upon which life is to exist. Celestial machinery would draw energy from the black hole by a method some Primordials may known as the "Penrose process" in order to supply energy to the life on the inner surface of the planet. The planet itself would spin, generating gravity for the ones inside with a bit of magical assistance.

The outer surface of the world would be illuminated by a number of glowing crystalline moons, the exact number and nature of which are yet to be determined. Complex lunar cycles would affect the energies and tides of the surface, as well as loosely approximating a more familiar day/night cycle. Traversal through the layers would be possible by passing through deep cave systems, or diving through bottomless oceans - though the former would require some sort of protection from the heat and pressure of the depths.

Though the world does not have a core in the typical sense, it still has seismic activity by dint of the crust being quite thick, with the immense forces acting on it providing energy and heat to drive tectonic processes. The atmosphere is continually replenished by the great machinery, compensating the losses as some is inevitably drawn into and consumed by the dark sun within.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2021, 09:12:03 pm »

A grin spreads across Autan's face, a great thing that builds slowly and only grows, like a river carving a canyon through the desert.
I QUITE LIKE THE DEFENDER'S DESIGNS. THEY SHOULD BE A WONDERFUL TEST OF MY EFFORTS, AN EXCELLENT SHOWCASE. ARE THERE ANY THAT WOULD OBJECT TO THE REALIZATION OF THESE CONSTRUCTIONS?
ADDITIONALLY, SMALL GOATLING, I THANK YOU FOR THE TOOL YOU GRANT ME. I ASSURE YOU THAT IT SHALL BE PUT TO EXCELLENT USE, AS A WORK OF ITS CONSTRUCTION DESERVES.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2021, 11:06:52 pm »

Arma laughs at all the petty creations and bickering.

"As much as I would like to create the universe in the perfect shape (that of myself), nobody would know that my choice was the best if there where none to compare it to. Therefore I suggest that every God gets one continent worth of material to do so as they please. If you wish to put this inside another world, you may. If you wish to make any particular shape, you may. If you wish to make it a different shape than the others you may tack on as you see fit. If you wish for it to have a different source of light or skyline, you may. Thusly everyone gets what they want and everyone can see that mine is the best."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2021, 11:39:12 pm »

"As much as I would like to create the universe in the perfect shape (that of myself), nobody would know that my choice was the best if there where none to compare it to. Therefore I suggest that every God gets one continent worth of material to do so as they please. If you wish to put this inside another world, you may. If you wish to make any particular shape, you may. If you wish to make it a different shape than the others you may tack on as you see fit. If you wish for it to have a different source of light or skyline, you may. Thusly everyone gets what they want and everyone can see that mine is the best."
”Do you have Essence for making these continents? I want to find out how my first creatures go before trying to make larger things”

I agree with eye dude, Although a sphere may be overdone, All that means is that works effectively.
”I also agree, it might even cost less power than other shapes since objects with lots of mass form spheres on their own anyway, at least from the world I was born in, smaller objects had less gravity shoving their molecules together, and thus could form many other shapes. It should be noted that the plants one of us is making should be able to make sand, rocks and soil from some of the extra energy they make. Oh! I vast;y underestimated how much power I have, it’s possibly because of it diffusing through the creatures that make me up, I need to make sure to make sure my animals can even get energy and I might as well make a small amount of land to alleviate the burden of the one who offered continent making”
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 11:46:08 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2021, 12:03:00 am »

"I am fine with this. Your continent isn't necessarily going to be the best though"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 12:07:56 am by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2021, 12:12:45 am »

"I am fine with this. Your continent isn't necessarily going to be the best though"
”I think best continent would be relative, best at what? Best desert? Best sculpture? Most long lived machine not requiring input for a long time? Continent with the most varied organisms? Contingents with most or least sentient entities? Continent with tallest plants? Do the places the plants make count as continents? Their own? Do we connect their sections together?”

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2021, 12:17:04 am »

"Ah, I remember now."
TL;DR: Hollow world surrounding a black hole, illuminated by moons and powered by Penrose effect. Both inner and outer surface habitable.

The world envisioned by the Defender, which has yet to be named, would, at its center, hold a great black hole, encased by the hollow planet upon which life is to exist. Celestial machinery would draw energy from the black hole by a method some Primordials may known as the "Penrose process" in order to supply energy to the life on the inner surface of the planet. The planet itself would spin, generating gravity for the ones inside with a bit of magical assistance.

The outer surface of the world would be illuminated by a number of glowing crystalline moons, the exact number and nature of which are yet to be determined. Complex lunar cycles would affect the energies and tides of the surface, as well as loosely approximating a more familiar day/night cycle. Traversal through the layers would be possible by passing through deep cave systems, or diving through bottomless oceans - though the former would require some sort of protection from the heat and pressure of the depths.

Though the world does not have a core in the typical sense, it still has seismic activity by dint of the crust being quite thick, with the immense forces acting on it providing energy and heat to drive tectonic processes. The atmosphere is continually replenished by the great machinery, compensating the losses as some is inevitably drawn into and consumed by the dark sun within.
"This idea is also a good one"
My Power armor arms race

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2021, 12:23:39 am »

"Ah, I remember now."

"This idea is also a good one"
”yes, though it would take lots of preparation, perhaps the continent idea from before can be utilized so we can have sentient creatures giving us Essence, then those worlds can be moons and such orbiting the mechanical black hole planet we make in the center of where they orbit?”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9