Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lets Do The Evolution Baby! Evolutionary Arms Race Team A; Pre-Game Turn 1  (Read 3992 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I aks why you want the starfish?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

They’re unusual and echinoderms aren’t appreciated much

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: SpeciesVoteBox
Rat-Sized Race- Nezumi+Anomalous metal: (4) TricMagic, A_Curious_Cat, Fluffe9911, m1895
Starfish Race- Solaster Dawsonis+extruded uranium coral: (4) BlackPaladin99, SC777, NG1999, ConscriptFive

<snip>

What have you done with my vote box?!! :P
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Race Name: Porpoisoians
General History: Indeed, the seas were essentially on hellfire from the nuclear holocaust caused by the previous hairless apes and the ocean ecosystems were in shambles, most of the marine life perishes and went extinct however a hardy survivor came from the shambles, the bottlenose dolphins and through generations of mutated DNA and RNA have allowed them to survive and mutate there bodies to become more land-oriented. Ironic that previously the porpoises came from predatory mammals from the land and now live in the oceans and because of their current environment have to become more amphibious to survive. The first dolphins lived closer and closer to the beaches and coasts of nuclear North America and then they mutated to evolve a pair of appendages on the back of them that would serve as legs and allow them to go to the less irradiated areas to survive. Porpoises already highly-intelligent creatures even before the world went through oblivious, their highly complex thinking brains that could experiment with tool usage and employed pack hunting tactics went through a metamorphosis of their neural system to become more semi-sapient then before, these quadruple land porpoises still enjoyed the fact that they were great swimmers but through survival through the fittest, they were forced to become more land-dwelling creatures and they were curious of the remnants of human civilization.

Eventually through the course of many generations, the land porpoises frontal fins through DNA and RNA mutations become more… claw-like in appearance and eventually it developed to have things that would be considered fingers onto the creature, they became slowly but surely to stand more upright from before, but still kept their dorsal fins as they still often went from sea to land in their migration patterns. Their brains had evolved into an incredible step as they became more aware of themselves and their environment, they began to show multi-generational behaviour patterns and developed a weird form of “culture” between the differing hunting packs of land porpoises. They begin to engage in unproductive activities and spend time lost in thought, very curious of the world around them and they can also become very skilled at specific tasks and were able to micromanage different skill sets between the pack members, the newly advanced brains required for them to have their childhood and adolescence each last several years for them to process all the information that they could. Now standing more upright, but still incredibly great swimmers and still the size of a normal bottlenose dolphin they then through their claw-like manipulators were able to mess with and then be able to utilize fire for their own skills. Now hunting in both the less irradiated oceans and the previous human settlements, they even developed an advanced form of language with the utilization of their echolocations in the ocean and with the development of oral communications, the first tribes of differentiating hunting packs arrived with a leader of the leader of the packs, one might call a chiefdom. There was even war between the differentiating tribes of the creatures as they both came from a species of apex predators, and with basic tool usage, sedentary lifestyles in theirs poorly crafted huts and tents, and the ability to discover new information they have arrived to become the dominant creature in the planet

Special Resource: Biocrystals, during the exploration and survival of the Porpoisoians through their many generations, many different shiny resources were found but not as bioluminant as these biologically crystals that were made of living silicon that survived in underwater volcanoes and other areas. This resource was eventually gathered by the Porpoisoians scout units as all incredibly intelligent creatures they liked shiny things, but eventually messing around with these crystals had allows them to realize that it fickles and glows and allows it to manipulate light on a level that they can’t even be able to process (molecularly) and the ability to darken areas where even direct light is going through it, as well as it seems that these crystals with enough force applied to them can hold a electrical charge inside itself that allows for manipulation of photons that could perceivably manipulate things like X-Rays, microwaves, ultraviolet and infrared light waves as well.

(If Starfish win, just replace that the Star species discovered the Biocrystals instead.)
Quote from: Species and Special Resource Votebox:
Rat-Sized Race - Nezumi: (4) TricMagic, A_Curious_Cat, Fluffe9911, m1895
Starfish Race - Solaster Dawsonis: (4) BlackPaladin99, SC777, NG1999, ConscriptFive
Porpoise Race - Porpoisoians: (0)

Anomalous metal: (4) TricMagic, A_Curious_Cat, Fluffe9911, m1895
Biocrystals: (1) SC777

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 08:12:30 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't think we can doublevite. Also, why was the resource split? I don't really want to do mutant rats, I like mecahrats

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He mentioned that coral needs to be fixed, I am trying to find a way to fix the coral so the Starfish are valid

Coral doesn't =/= Starfish. The Starfish can have anything they want to go with them, you can come up with anything to replace the coral.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't think we can doublevite. Also, why was the resource split? I don't really want to do mutant rats, I like mecahrats

I’m having a hard time understanding your post.  What are “mecahrats”?

He mentioned that coral needs to be fixed, I am trying to find a way to fix the coral so the Starfish are valid

Coral doesn't =/= Starfish. The Starfish can have anything they want to go with them, you can come up with anything to replace the coral.

Huh? You’re saying that coral and starfish are the same thing, so we can have starfish but not coral.  That doesn’t make sense.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can mostly put that down to typo.
Mecah is a name that indicates a gift of gab - the ability to persuade others effortlessly.
Pretty interesting that it does mean something. I meant to say mecharats, or short for mechanically inclined. The metal is interesting right? And I do have ideas to turn it into part of a steamcore for steampunk creations.

That said, if someone wnats to write warcraft dwarves.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can mostly put that down to typo.
Mecah is a name that indicates a gift of gab - the ability to persuade others effortlessly.
Pretty interesting that it does mean something. I meant to say mecharats, or short for mechanically inclined. The metal is interesting right? And I do have ideas to turn it into part of a steamcore for steampunk creations.

That said, if someone wnats to write warcraft dwarves.

But wouldn’t “mecharats” mean that the rats themselves are entirely mechanical?

Also, I like the idea of the rats being mechanically inclined.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Species and Special Resource Votebox:
Rat-Sized Race - Nezumi: (5) TricMagic, A_Curious_Cat, Fluffe9911, m1895, SC777
Starfish Race - Solaster Dawsonis: (3) BlackPaladin99, SC777, NG1999, ConscriptFive
Porpoise Race - Porpoisoians: (0)

Anomalous metal: (4) TricMagic, A_Curious_Cat, Fluffe9911, m1895
Biocrystals: (1) SC777
[/quote]

This is annoying and pointless, you win.
Pages: 1 2 [3]