Me
- 3 (20%)
Traditional Gods
- 1 (6.7%)
Other
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Restarting Civilization from Scratch- With the Help of a Forum (SG)  (Read 15831 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Restarting Civilization from Scratch- With the Help of a Forum (SG)
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2021, 11:50:49 pm »

I’m not sure what to tell you about those berries, either you’re the first person in New England to encounter them, or you aren’t in New England.

As for the barking, climb a tree.  Take a pointy stick with you if you can.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2021, 03:42:52 am »

I THINK I JUST HEARD SOME BARKING HELP
Consider climbing a tree to evaluate the situation. You may end up spending the day or longer in a tree, so pick one you feel you can remain in comfortably for some time. I know of no predators which both make barking sounds and can climb trees. If I am wrong and you are devoured, my apologies.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2021, 04:46:26 am »

They might be hunting dogs, try yelling and see if anyone responds.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2021, 06:53:40 am »

From in the tree, please, for the love of god (me).

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2021, 01:11:46 pm »

Hey, glad you're not dead yet.

Yeah, high ground and a spear will work against most threats.

But you know what really screws with most animals' minds?

Throwing pebbles at them.  Seriously, it's like witchcraft to them.  If you've got an animal considering an attack, it should be enough to make them reconsider.  (Seemingly everybody in the Middle East knows this, and will immediately go to pick up stones if they see a stray dog.)  Might be too late if you've got a pack worked up into a froth though.  But you do have a basket full of rocks, so...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2021, 01:32:36 pm »

Throwing pebbles at them.  Seriously, it's like witchcraft to them.  If you've got an animal considering an attack, it should be enough to make them reconsider.  (Seemingly everybody in the Middle East knows this, and will immediately go to pick up stones if they see a stray dog.)  Might be too late if you've got a pack worked up into a froth though.  But you do have a basket full of rocks, so...
Climbing into the tree first then throwing the rocks will not only be safer than doing it from the ground, but also throwing has a higher range than a spear. I’m guessing even if missing, nearly hitting them might scare them off. Hitting them will definitely deter them. From experiences playing that string ladder game, throwing underhand will be able to make you throw in an arc, while overhand will go more or less forward. Overhand throws while aiming would better help in the tree. Also, try finding a tree with thick branches

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2021, 11:33:46 pm »

I’m not sure what to tell you about those berries, either you’re the first person in New England to encounter them, or you aren’t in New England.

As for the barking, climb a tree.  Take a pointy stick with you if you can.
Consider climbing a tree to evaluate the situation. You may end up spending the day or longer in a tree, so pick one you feel you can remain in comfortably for some time. I know of no predators which both make barking sounds and can climb trees. If I am wrong and you are devoured, my apologies.
From in the tree, please, for the love of god (me).

Climbing into the tree first then throwing the rocks will not only be safer than doing it from the ground, but also throwing has a higher range than a spear. I’m guessing even if missing, nearly hitting them might scare them off. Hitting them will definitely deter them. From experiences playing that string ladder game, throwing underhand will be able to make you throw in an arc, while overhand will go more or less forward. Overhand throws while aiming would better help in the tree. Also, try finding a tree with thick branches

I'm now in a tree chucking rocks and shouting. At some point it looks like I regressed past the point I started with back to being a monkey.

I had enough time to read the directions, get picky with the tree, and climb up with my stuff. Mostly by putting my basket on a branch above me, climbing, and getting it back. Once I was a good distance I turned around and waited. Three dogs came up to the bottom of the tree and started barking their heads off. I threw my rocks toward them, then my basket since I really didn't have that many rocks. It worked pretty well. My hits didn't really do anything but they mostly yelped and ran off back in the direction they came in looking back confused. Maybe this was the real magic all along?

I called them "dogs" because the shouting actually got a response. A response that was more shouting. From presumably people. I guess it is time for my first contact with humankind. The dogs themselves looked mostly like wolves from my position. Their ears and eyes might have been a bit bigger than a wolf but it isn't like I ever saw a wolf in real life in the first place.

So they've got me treed and I'm all out of rocks. Any advice on how to run my first contact?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2021, 11:45:14 pm »

Cant go wrong with chest beating

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2021, 12:12:23 am »

When you see them walk out with open arms and say "Greetings, my child. It is I, your lord and savior Stirk. I have come to shine a light for you in your darkest hour."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2021, 12:44:11 am »

Mention that you were worried the dogs were wild and were going to attack you which is why you threw stuff. Mention that no animosity is intended if it can be avoided

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2021, 02:31:12 am »

Did you hear what they were saying and did you understand the words, it'll help figure out if they know English.

When you see them walk out with open arms and say "Greetings, my child. It is I, your lord and savior Stirk. I have come to shine a light for you in your darkest hour."
+1 Also do this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2021, 10:16:20 am »

Glad you're not dead yet.

I mean, it appears they've trained dogs to hunt people.  So they're probably either slavers and/or cannibals.  In either situation, looks like your days as a lone survivor are over.  You're in no position to resist capture, so you're just going to have to go with it.  Pulling any tough guy shit can prove fatal at this moment, so don't look threatening and go quietly.

The benign messiah schtick could work, so long as you emphasize the "I come in peace, take me to your leader." maybe say "parlay" a few times just to be sure.  (They may not be pirates, but maybe they speak French?)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2021, 12:24:26 am »

Alright they are here. Three men. Long hair and beards both braided. Wearing skins. Wait, two more behind them. An old man and a young man. The three men are carrying spears in little fishing pole things. The two in the back are carrying more spears in a basket. Just fire hardened, I don't see any flint tips. Its hard to tell their age. All of them have gray hair including the boy. Like albino gray without the skin thing. They look...surprisingly normal otherwise. I kinda thought they'd be massive and have weird faces or something if they really are cavemen. I'm a head taller than the tallest easily. But they're all ripped. Even the boy has better muscles than me.

Ok. Here I go.

Cant go wrong with chest beating

Could definitely use the confidence right now. Great idea!

All their heads turned to me. Some are getting in what I assume is a throwing stance.

Its about time I get some payout for that Gods thing! I drop from the tree and open my arms. I add lived adding my phone light to that sentence just to make things a bit more dramatic.

They all look incredibly confused and are talking amongst themselves. Or maybe to me. Its hard to tell. I think they have some kind of language but it isn't English. Or if it is it has a really heavy accent.

I'm using talk to text btw. I figure it looks less rude.

Mention that you were worried the dogs were wild and were going to attack you which is why you threw stuff. Mention that no animosity is intended if it can be avoided

Done. Still certain they don't understand English. Tried to spice it up with some pointing toward the stuff I'm talking about. They get even more confused.

Did you hear what they were saying and did you understand the words, it'll help figure out if they know English.

+1 Also do this.

I figured out that they don't speak English. The yelling just sounding like yelling which is more of a universal language thing.

Glad you're not dead yet.

I mean, it appears they've trained dogs to hunt people.  So they're probably either slavers and/or cannibals.  In either situation, looks like your days as a lone survivor are over.  You're in no position to resist capture, so you're just going to have to go with it.  Pulling any tough guy shit can prove fatal at this moment, so don't look threatening and go quietly.

The benign messiah schtick could work, so long as you emphasize the "I come in peace, take me to your leader." maybe say "parlay" a few times just to be sure.  (They may not be pirates, but maybe they speak French?)

Both those are terrible ends to being a lone survivor! And I guess I can go wrong with chest beating.

I can't confirm if their pirates or not but they don't seem to understand parlay either. They're mostly out of the throwing stance and trying desperately to talk to me. I'm pretty sure they think this sentence is in response to what they're saying. So I guess them not understanding at least means I can keep up with you guys.

At least the peaceful option means I'm not currently dead.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2021, 12:30:55 am »

Hm, try copying what they say, maybe they’ll figure out you don’t understand either? Maybe they’ll point to things as they say the word for that thing? I’m guessing

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2021, 03:37:42 am »

Try drawing things on the ground and see if they can figure that out.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19