Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105128 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1755 on: November 15, 2021, 12:47:18 am »

Web, wouldn't you rather lynch NJW?
Technically, yes, but at least two Town are voting me, and NJW is not, so there's no way to avoid being hammered if NJW is scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 15, 2021, 12:50:32 am »

So, assuming I am being voted, I want ToonyMan to say what he will do, since I'm 100% scum in his eyes. I kinda want him to know how badly he fucked up this game, and let him know it really was mostly his fault that Town will lose.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 15, 2021, 12:50:44 am »

Web, wouldn't you rather lynch NJW?
Technically, yes, but at least two Town are voting me, and NJW is not, so there's no way to avoid being hammered if NJW is scum.

Well, at least if NJW is scum, then Toonyman will have to admit that NJW is the better mafia player.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 15, 2021, 12:52:16 am »

Being better than ToonyMan in this state isn't an achievement...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 15, 2021, 01:06:18 am »

Web if you're town and confident this game won't end if you're mislynched then I need some actual thought of who you think scum are. Please give me actual insight into this that isn't just mechanical info. Reread the round for me. Explain to me why Roden is scum based on their actual posts. Or NJW, or anybody!

It's possible we go into D4 still since I was brought back to life and Vector was double targeted by mafia.

I'm never unvoting you today, but this will be extremely valuable if the game continues. It would be redemption for myself and you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 15, 2021, 01:09:56 am »

Also, even if the game ends today and town loses:

If your analysis is correct and you managed to peg the mafia before dying, that can be considered a personal victory.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 15, 2021, 01:10:54 am »

@Web: You have to admit, it is suspicious that several possible scum teams could have hammered you after Vector's vote.
NJW/Roden
NJW/Jack
Jack/Roden
Max/any of the above

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 15, 2021, 01:16:25 am »

Webadict you'll have to consider NJW town here, as mafia!NJW probably wins by quickhammering you when he gets back online, which also means Vector is town. So your choices for mafia are Max, Jack, and Roden.

I mean you can still consider NJW/Vector as mafia, but just know that NJW will likely confirm themselves before deadline by either hammering or not hammering.

PPE:
@Web: You have to admit, it is suspicious that several possible scum teams could have hammered you after Vector's vote.
NJW/Roden
NJW/Jack
Jack/Roden
Max/any of the above
NJW hasn't been online in hours.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 15, 2021, 01:21:58 am »

Oh yeah, Max could quickhammer too right now. So actually your choices for mafia are Jack and Roden. Talk about mechanical goodness!

It's just those two I think if mafia have lylo, which is debatable.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 15, 2021, 01:23:22 am »

NJW/Roden
NJW/Jack
Jack/Roden
Max/any of the above
NJW hasn't been online in hours.

OK, whatever. Toony's confirmed and apparently we're not killing EJ, so let's take out Webadict.

Ready to put your money in your mouth, Wubzy?

@EuchreJack
: thank you for this post. Makes a strong, concise case on in-thread evidence without untoward speculation. This is head and shoulders above most of today.

I disagree with it, because I think my seeing Vector get primed would change what scum wanted to do. A 1-shot poison doctor is hard to believe, and Vector was locktown to most people D2, so poisoning them would make sense as they could stop a kill and would be harder to ignite. And cause chaos, I guess. I do wish I could read the low-justification vote on Tric and the hammer as alignment-indicative, but after round three I sympathise with Vector having a policy elim on Tric and expect the hammer from town!Vector.

Anyway, I bothered to respond to this because it was good, not because it was weak.

Stop calling me stupid, Toonyman

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 15, 2021, 01:23:36 am »

Web if you're town and confident this game won't end if you're mislynched then I need some actual thought of who you think scum are. Please give me actual insight into this that isn't just mechanical info. Reread the round for me. Explain to me why Roden is scum based on their actual posts. Or NJW, or anybody!

It's possible we go into D4 still since I was brought back to life and Vector was double targeted by mafia.

I'm never unvoting you today, but this will be extremely valuable if the game continues. It would be redemption for myself and you.
Gonna be honest, I will be rereading jackshit. I will be hammering myself because you deserve to lose. Not just for your play D2, but also for your play D3. I will be hammering myself because no one stopped ToonyMan from being an absolute dumpster fire as confirmed Town. I will be hammering myself because this Day was a nightmare. I will be hammering myself because being deD is better than being around ToonyMan.

I want you to say that your play was malignant as cancer, and that given every opportunity, you chose to lose.

If I flip Town. Which I will.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 15, 2021, 01:24:22 am »

Duh, Jack could quickhammer you too! But he doesn't want to hammer his partner! Man this mechanical stuff sure is great.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 15, 2021, 01:27:02 am »

webadict

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 15, 2021, 01:28:18 am »

@Jack:
NJW hasn't been on in hours, he can't respond to Web being at L-1 is what I mean here.

@Web:
You could at least help, we definitely deserve to lose if you self-hammer as town instead of figuring out who mafia are. I'm doing what I can so I'm at least happy that I'm trying.

PPE:
webadict
Thank you.

I can now quit mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 15, 2021, 01:29:56 am »

Shhh, the show is beginning.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 153