Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105225 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1515 on: November 13, 2021, 05:41:13 pm »

Also, unless FOU is a complete bastard, Toonyman is confirmed town.  Nice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 13, 2021, 05:47:39 pm »

Fourth of all, I will never include alignment conversion in a game with less than 13 players, and even when it's an option it will not be deployed in an unlimited form.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 13, 2021, 05:49:18 pm »

I am annoyed. I feel I have been underperforming myself this round and I do not like it. Too easily distracted by petty paranoia.

My gut never believed this central voyeur triangle supposedly clearing people thing to begin with. I only accepted the Toony lynch because, simply, I didn't know that Toony tends to make mistakes under threat like Jack said, so the mistakes looked suspicious to me. I usually trust my gut more than this. This is the same mistake I made last d2, basically, when I got distracted over the Tric/Vector possibility I had considered minor before.

I was not informed of being primed or poisoned or anything last night, possibly because I implied I would die from using my ability anyway.

In case it wasn't obvious, I lied about that. But I can't do that again, sadly. Sorry Tric, would if I could.

Fourth of all, I will never include alignment conversion in a game with less than 13 players, and even when it's an option it will not be deployed in an unlimited form.
Thirdly, it is possible for role flips to be obscured by a Janitor, but role flips will not lie (though let's be honest, this is just basic decency - I'm not running a bastard game).
seems at least as important.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 13, 2021, 05:51:17 pm »

I am confirmed town now as well, yes Jack.

Max isn't confirmed, but I'm hard pressed to see a reason why Max would bother ressing me (or Tric if I was mafia) as mafia. Sure he could be doing it for brownie points, but the disadvantages are horrible. Although this likely means mafia are quite powerful.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 13, 2021, 06:08:07 pm »

I am confirmed town now as well, yes Jack.

Max isn't confirmed, but I'm hard pressed to see a reason why Max would bother ressing me (or Tric if I was mafia) as mafia. Sure he could be doing it for brownie points, but the disadvantages are horrible. Although this likely means mafia are quite powerful.
Indeed.  I would think the last thing that Mafia would want is a player that is confirmed town.  There are a few fringe cases where they can put you back in the ground quickly AND hurt others, but frankly even one day of having a confirmed town is brutal.  So we can infer that Max is town.

So we have:
Toonyman confirmed town
Max almost certainly confirmed town
Vector very likely confirmed town
NJW seems quite likely town

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 13, 2021, 06:08:20 pm »

Webadict is never town in this game, ever.

I explained in my notes, but I can paste them here:

1. Why did Webadict target Vector on N1? During D1 other players made large hints that they were a type of investigator (such as Jack), but Webadict chose to "copy" Vector who had only hinted at the fact they were a doctor. Vector was a prime kill target, not a prime target for Webadict's inspection copy ability. His night-action choice makes no sense, but NJW spotted it so he chose to confirm himself on that.

2. As mafia last round I was the first vote on every mislynch that happened. This is a huge scumtell. Webadict is the same this round.

3. Town!Webadict would never misread both me and Tric like this.

4. Webadict didn't hesitate at all trying to kill me through all of D2 while I was hesitating over the fact we could both be town and team-killing each other. Hence why I unvoted him multiple times and wasn't even voting Web for end of Day 2. This shows an agenda-based play by Web which is a big scumtell. Mafia want to follow a plan they have and will only deviate if it benefits them.

I'm willing to out Roden today as well, but my vote is not leaving Webadict until he's dead.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 13, 2021, 06:10:54 pm »

I have night action news but will wait for Wubz to post.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 13, 2021, 06:11:37 pm »

Not quite, Jack. Vector is basically confirmed town due to the unclaimed mafia prime unless exactly with NJW, but NJW is very very likely town as well since Web is mafia.

You and Max are a tier lower in the "probably town, but not as convincingly town as Vector/NJW".

And at the bottom are Web and Roden.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 13, 2021, 06:15:56 pm »

Wow, resurrected by Max, and you still think he is below Vector in the Townie scale.  I mean, the fringe cases where Max would resurrect you as mafia would basically require your resurrection in order to proceed with the night kill in his queue of abilities, and even under that theory your resurrection is "too early".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 13, 2021, 06:41:25 pm »

Maximum Spin has Ember Tracking, which does exactly what he says it does.

Webadict is never town in this game, ever.

I explained in my notes, but I can paste them here:

1. Why did Webadict target Vector on N1? During D1 other players made large hints that they were a type of investigator (such as Jack), but Webadict chose to "copy" Vector who had only hinted at the fact they were a doctor. Vector was a prime kill target, not a prime target for Webadict's inspection copy ability. His night-action choice makes no sense, but NJW spotted it so he chose to confirm himself on that.

2. As mafia last round I was the first vote on every mislynch that happened. This is a huge scumtell. Webadict is the same this round.

3. Town!Webadict would never misread both me and Tric like this.

4. Webadict didn't hesitate at all trying to kill me through all of D2 while I was hesitating over the fact we could both be town and team-killing each other. Hence why I unvoted him multiple times and wasn't even voting Web for end of Day 2. This shows an agenda-based play by Web which is a big scumtell. Mafia want to follow a plan they have and will only deviate if it benefits them.

I'm willing to out Roden today as well, but my vote is not leaving Webadict until he's dead.
You are STILL going for me. I wish you were Mafia, I truly do.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 13, 2021, 06:54:37 pm »

Well, had.

I guess this confirms two things: that webadict does have the ability to get ability names - that is indeed the actual ability name - and that doing so does not necessarily prime people.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prodigious study lets someone copy an investigative ability their target has.

I think we have to vote Web, since he now has the ability to set off those who are primed.  Any flaws in this logic?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 13, 2021, 07:02:04 pm »

ToonyMan, if you fucking want to, go ahead and vote me out, but I'm not scum. I am unlikely to be able to stop you from voting me, but I'll certainly be trying.

I voted you for immensely fucking good reasons. You not being Mafia is really unfortunate, because you certainly played like you were. My reasons were sound, your play was shit, whatcha gonna do?

You fucking hounding me in spite of ALL OF THAT is why I voted you. And you're still doing it, which is great, it's gonna be a lovely Day, we get to play Fuck-Up Bros. together! Because I did say we both deserve to lose if you're Town, and frankly, it's fair. Just... peachy.

I'm gonna be voting Roden. I'm gonna do my best to deal with ToonyMan because he's in revenge mode. Oh what fun.

Well, had.

I guess this confirms two things: that webadict does have the ability to get ability names - that is indeed the actual ability name - and that doing so does not necessarily prime people.
Yes, it is indeed a one-shot for me as well (as well as the downside you stated), but I'm not sure why I'd want to use it.

Prodigious study lets someone copy an investigative ability their target has.

I think we have to vote Web, since he now has the ability to set off those who are primed.  Any flaws in this logic?
Yes. I'm not scum, and I won't be using this ability.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 13, 2021, 07:04:31 pm »

Not quite, Jack. Vector is basically confirmed town due to the unclaimed mafia prime unless exactly with NJW, but NJW is very very likely town as well since Web is mafia.

You and Max are a tier lower in the "probably town, but not as convincingly town as Vector/NJW".

And at the bottom are Web and Roden.

And since I'm below Vector in the Towniness assessment of our Confirmed Townie Toonyman, I think that means I have to claim before Vector and NJW.

I inspected NJW, and nobody targeted NJW.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 13, 2021, 07:06:12 pm »

@Web: Ok, assume I believe you are not scum.  Who is partners with Roden? Why?
I'm pretty sure you have to find Roden's partner to not get voted today.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 153