Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105849 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 3): There Is No Soup Store For Truth
« Reply #555 on: October 13, 2021, 05:57:18 pm »

I Tracked Tric, he didn't do anything. No kill again just makes me assume Lovers is scum's obtuse kill method, and we likely have another pair.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 13, 2021, 06:09:32 pm »

I Tracked Tric, he didn't do anything. No kill again just makes me assume Lovers is scum's obtuse kill method, and we likely have another pair.
He did mention his redirect was one-shot on D1.

Okay NJW you can say whatever.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 13, 2021, 07:23:21 pm »

Or mafia, despite my warnings and obviousness, decided to try killing Toonyman again.  I rolled the rng, got Toonyman, and jailkeeper'd him.

If that is true, I might be able to deduct the mafia team from that fact.  Others would depend on whether they believe me or not.
Whom would roll the dice on a 50/50 for two dead townies, and who would kill other targets?

No lovers on me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 13, 2021, 07:25:39 pm »

@NJW: Whom did you watch? Who did you see?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 13, 2021, 07:38:11 pm »

Ugh. There's the same problem as before: only I know that one of Tric and Euchre must be scum. Possibly there's a workaround here.

Ok. Scum know this information, so I'll make it public immediately.

I was hit with the lovers effect. I die the day after if Tric is eliminated. Note that it has to be through elimination for me to die. This is why I'd like Toonyman to daykill Tric, while we lynch EuchreJack.

Either Tric is doing the lovers'ing, in which case it looks like the ability is one-target, or EuchreJack is part of a scumteam and has a two-target ability.

In either case, Roden must have falsely reported a night result, unless someone interfered with a tracking action. At this point, I'm pretty sure Roden's scum. (I would actually consider us killing both me and Roden today, but I guess that might be taking a risk that their night result was due to a redirect or similar.)

That's all the information I have. I couldn't use my ability tonight because of the caveats FoU put on it.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 13, 2021, 07:51:42 pm »

@NJW: How do you know you got lovers from Tric?

If Tric and I survive until end of day, shouldn't I jailkeeper Tric?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 13, 2021, 07:55:34 pm »

@Toonyman: Does your Lovers work the same as NJW's, or differently?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 13, 2021, 07:56:59 pm »

@NJW: How do you know you got lovers from Tric?

If Tric and I survive until end of day, shouldn't I jailkeeper Tric?
I did not say this. I know I am lovers with Tric - or at least that I die the day after he's eliminated. No guarantee it works the same way for him.

Ideally neither of you will be alive at day end, but sure, I guess you should consider it. Announcing your plan for the night may backfire, especially if you don't know many people's abilities, but it would certainly be an option.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 13, 2021, 08:08:16 pm »

Roden could be telling the truth if Tric's accomplice did the Lover'ing to you. I'm surprised you didn't consider that possibility.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 13, 2021, 08:23:51 pm »

Roden could be telling the truth if Tric's accomplice did the Lover'ing to you. I'm surprised you didn't consider that possibility.
That would mean that the ability is two-target, in which case scum would have chosen to target themselves both nights - an odd decision, to say the least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #565 on: October 13, 2021, 08:28:08 pm »

But...how do we know that Toonyman's daykill is Town-aligned?  Maybe FOU gave the mafia a daykill?
Ah, I miss these absurd reasonings. You're either town!Jack or playing mafia well.
It's not so absurd if the mafia don't have a kill. And this probobly explains where the idea came from. Or at least not a traditional one. A poisoner kill would mean someone with a daykill would be useful near game end.
I thought Tric's earlier discussion about Toonyman's day kill and the suggestion that mafia might not have a kill was relevant.  The full post is below, spoilered for length:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 13, 2021, 08:34:33 pm »

That would mean that the ability is two-target, in which case scum would have chosen to target themselves both nights - an odd decision, to say the least.

Ah, another error on your part.  Wouldn't it be easier for the ability to say something like "X player becomes Lovers with Tric?"
Essentially an infection where mafia gets everyone linked to Tric, then pushes for the elim of Tric who's basically become a Jester?
That was actually my first idea, and the fact you didn't think of it, is a bit odd.

And if Roden and Tric are scumbuddies, why would Roden track Tric and try to clear Tric? In fact, Tric's most likely scum buddy would be trying to avoid as much attention as possible, as they've bascially become a survivor under your theory.  And yet you think it's the highly-visible Roden?  Nobody else?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 13, 2021, 08:39:17 pm »

I believe you NJW.

During the night I scratched up a bunch of notes while at work. I don't have access to the files right now, but I did theorize that Tric is the most suspicious out of NJW/Tric/Jack and that Roden would be their partner in this situation.

I'm a pretty logical person, this is the biggest reason Tric was confusing me so much as their actions are not logical, but it is the most likely scenario as I am more sure of Jack being town than Tric.

After some more discussion I will most likely agree to your plan. I will poison Tric today. I am unsure who we should lynch, but Tric is almost certainly lying about their ability. After some thinking and rethinking I believe Tric/Roden are the mafia and I will try to explain exactly why during the course of this day. If my theory is wrong then that leaves me with NJW/Vector again, but Tric is more suspicious than NJW or Jack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 13, 2021, 08:44:37 pm »

Did anyone else get Lovers last night or was it just NJW? This is very important to know.

Nothing of note happened to me last night besides the fact I still have Lovers with Tric. NJW is correct in how the Lovers effect works. I did not describe how it works exactly yesterday, but even so he has confirmed that it triggers specifically on execution.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 13, 2021, 08:49:20 pm »

My poison does not kill until the end of the following day. I left this detail out to seem more powerful than I am, but since I will be using my poison today there's no longer any reason to hide this detail.

We should leave Jack alive so that he can jailkeep Tric during this night as Tric will still be able to do stuff tonight and we don't exactly want that.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 153