Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105616 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2021, 09:00:59 pm »

1. I'm very against no-kill D1.

2. I do not like D1 massclaim either.

3. TricMagic doesn't sound crazy, which means that he's probably scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2021, 09:03:53 pm »

@Jack:
Do you think mafia!Roden would try to rock the boat by announcing his new D1 game plan? Or do you think he would play more cautiously and reserved as mafia to not stand out? I also haven't seen Roden as mafia yet so I think this is a reasonable conclusion to make.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2021, 09:05:07 pm »

@Vector:
He didn't sound crazy to me in Round 1 either, does this change your feelings?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2021, 09:12:15 pm »

Honestly? No. I have plenty of town-Tric to compare him with.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2021, 12:53:29 am »

Does the game still work if Met doesn't post? Even if we do decide to vote Day 1, we're missing someone who could be scum, and if they're town it means the entirety of town would have to come together to successfully vote out scum. Well, unless scum busses, technically.

Could we maybe get an extension if Met still hasn't posted by the time the deadline comes around?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2021, 01:59:44 am »

@Jack:
Do you think mafia!Roden would try to rock the boat by announcing his new D1 game plan? Or do you think he would play more cautiously and reserved as mafia to not stand out? I also haven't seen Roden as mafia yet so I think this is a reasonable conclusion to make.
Only if the plan was flawed.  Also, haven't seen mafia Roden yet.

And I can see your soft-and-careful probing, so unvoting Toonyman for now.

Does the game still work if Met doesn't post? Even if we do decide to vote Day 1, we're missing someone who could be scum, and if they're town it means the entirety of town would have to come together to successfully vote out scum. Well, unless scum busses, technically.

Could we maybe get an extension if Met still hasn't posted by the time the deadline comes around?
It worked well enough last round with Vector, so I don't seem a huge need for alarm bells.  ::)

@FallacyofUrist: Pokey Met sometime please?

Also, should Met be town and not post, we'd have to consider policy lynching Met instead of more interesting suspects.  Not opposed to the extension.

This all sets off Mafia vibes for me.  How I read all 3 of those points:
1) Lets kill more townies!
2) Lets give mafia more spaces to hide in!
3) Uh, let's push the lynch on Tric!

(Note, it isn't so much that I've cleared Tric but rather Tric has claimed and is thus clear-able to some extent)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2021, 05:12:59 am »

Also, should Met be town and not post, we'd have to consider policy lynching Met instead of more interesting suspects.  Not opposed to the extension.
How do we determine Met is town before policy lynching them? Why would we want to vote a town player?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2021, 05:14:54 am »

Go on...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2021, 10:12:29 am »

I'll vote NJW for going at Roden again, I think he might be doing this to look natural.

Do you think you're voting Roden for legitimate new reasons or are you not reflecting on what transpired in Round 1 with your feelings towards Roden? Remember that you even wanted Roden over Met on D1.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2021, 11:23:24 am »

Honestly, why does Psychologist seem to... That's my flavor more than my role, so don't see how it's confirmable on it's own. As for meta not posting, sure. But I'm more worried Vector seems to take my sanity as an excuse to lynch me early.

That said, voting Toonyman cause he townreads Roden sounds plausible for jack.

As for NJW, he felt off to me all last game. And still feels off to me, so nothing has actually changed there.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2021, 11:40:15 am »

My question to you Tric is why openly state your flavor role in the first place?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2021, 12:31:18 pm »

My question to you Tric is why openly state your flavor role in the first place?
That is the question isn't it? Why did I do so?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2021, 12:54:08 pm »

That is the question isn't it? Why did I do so?
I think it's because you don't want to reveal your actual ability, but sure be annoying and difficult. This is different from last game where you were much more forthcoming. I'm probing to get a better idea of your motivations.

This round has been boring. My flavor has my stated profession (biologist) along with my actual profession. Hence my extreme raised eyebrow at you simply claiming Psychologist and nothing else.

Also I have a day-kill. Should I use it today? Who's a good player for me to kill Tric? Somebody who isn't playing?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 07, 2021, 01:01:16 pm »

Probably, though maybe get an extension first.

Of course, given the game style, such isn't a good thing in the first place. Normally getting rid of someone who isnt.. Maybe save it for the end of the day and.. Well, near the end, you can just shoot the one being lycnhed and we can move into discussing who voted them and why, and pick someone else to lynch if we want.

Or you can use it on me for no reason. Or Roden, since they haven't actually posted anything with info today, just an informational.

Alternatively, you're bluffing. I'd typically keep a daykill to my chest for the first day. Bit odd though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 07, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »

This all sets off Mafia vibes for me.  How I read all 3 of those points:
1) Lets kill more townies!
2) Lets give mafia more spaces to hide in!
3) Uh, let's push the lynch on Tric!

(Note, it isn't so much that I've cleared Tric but rather Tric has claimed and is thus clear-able to some extent)

. . . . . Let me just translate your post ...

1. Let's kill discussion and take away Town's best resource against scum!
2. Let's tell the mafia exactly who to kill!
3. Let's chainsaw Tric!

Get back in your lane my dude, this isn't the kiddie pool.

Go on...

Go on? The most notable one is his hat-kid insanity, the second most notable was when he claimed Knight D1 in supernatural. Town Tric is obsessed with outing and using his PR and with going "are you scum huh huh huh susssssss." Scum Tric sounds "sometimes reasonable."

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 153