Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two Tokens Fighting Eachother  (Read 1100 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Two Tokens Fighting Eachother
« on: June 29, 2021, 02:33:19 am »

I'm planning to add 2 tokens about CLUSTER_NUMBER into a single creature variation. I'm using this for my randomizer mod, where CV_REMOVE_TAG:CLUSTER:NUMBER is above CV_ADD_TAG:CLUSTER:NUMBER:1:5.

Would that generate error or remove already present CLUSTER_NUMBER and replace it with random amount of spawned creatures from 1 to 5? Does Dwarf Fortress apply all tags at once or goes from above to below, making tags below override same but with different values tags as above?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 02:34:58 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Two Tokens Fighting Eachother
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 03:18:06 am »

It goes from top to bottom. This is why there are [GO_TO_END], [GO_TO_START] and [GO_TO_TAG:tag] tokens.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 03:52:51 am »

It goes from top to bottom. This is why there are [GO_TO_END], [GO_TO_START] and [GO_TO_TAG:tag] tokens.

Ok. So [GO_TO_END] makes it so it's read from bottom to top at some point?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 03:55:36 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 04:24:43 am »

No, it just puts all the following tokens at the very end of the current creature definition.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 09:13:41 pm »

No, it just puts all the following tokens at the very end of the current creature definition.

Holy crap, you helped me a lot. You are going to be in credits of my randomizer. Now I know why everyone spawns so rarely.

I will slightly have to do everything over again.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 09:16:54 pm by rico6822 »

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 09:37:20 pm »

Nevermind, it did not broke anything but simply made my coding look less professional and just amateurish. You saved me from embarrasment.

I used to insert at the very end [GO_TO_END], than a creature variation and after a creature variation [GO_TO_START].

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 10:36:47 pm »

If you want to see what the "composite" raws for a creature variant actually look like, the following DFHack script should work:

Code: [Select]
lua "for _,c in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all) do if (c.creature_id=='CREATURE_ID_GOES_HERE') then for _,r in pairs(c.raws) do print(r.value) end end end"
Just replace CREATURE_ID_GOES_HERE with your desired creature ID, then copy/paste the entire line into the DFHack console and press Enter.
Unfortunately, the output won't have any indentation, so it might be a bit difficult to read.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 01:00:31 am »

If you want to see what the "composite" raws for a creature variant actually look like, the following DFHack script should work:

lua "for _,c in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all) do if (c.creature_id=='CREATURE_ID_GOES_HERE') then for _,r in pairs(c.raws) do print(r.value) end end end"
Just replace CREATURE_ID_GOES_HERE with your desired creature ID, then copy/paste the entire line into the DFHack console and press Enter.
Unfortunately, the output won't have any indentation, so it might be a bit difficult to read.

Holy crap! Thank you but wouldn't it mean that every time a new world is created the player would have to apply randomization to all generated creatures?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2021, 06:58:24 am »

Holy crap! Thank you but wouldn't it mean that every time a new world is created the player would have to apply randomization to all generated creatures?
Er, I'm not sure I follow - I was just providing you with a means of visualizing the actual effect of "CV_ADD_TAG:CLUSTER:NUMBER:1:5".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2021, 01:44:35 pm »

Er, I'm not sure I follow - I was just providing you with a means of visualizing the actual effect of "CV_ADD_TAG:CLUSTER:NUMBER:1:5".

Ok.