Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Ascent. [SG] <On Hiatus>  (Read 5246 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Ascent. [SG]
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2021, 11:01:52 pm »

Someone he can't betray, or allow to be harmed.  Under any circumstances.

((We really can just go home, nobody saw us and our only connection to this is Dale, who himself might not get caught.  And might just get shot if he is.  And might not tell if he doesn't.))

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2021, 12:21:00 am »

I think the implication is the army is coming to commit nice old humanitarian crimes against the town because of the arms shipment being damaged.  Everyone is a likely target.

A friend, comrade in the cause for freedom!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2021, 01:29:21 am »

An unstoppable force of FRIENDSHIP!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2021, 07:57:47 am »

An unstoppable force of FRIENDSHIP!
this is making me think of Flowey

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2021, 11:21:46 pm »

Caw.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2021, 12:10:45 am »

Unstoppable Friendship

(Charm, 2d6 + 4, 8+4 = 12)

For a moment you close your eyes.  You examine the situation around you.. the grass beneath your feet, the concrete wall in front of you, the scared kid whose clothes you are holding in your hand.  You can practically taste the feeling of fear rolling off him.  Then you change your grip.  You're pressing him against the wall, not out of anger, but out of worry, out of care.  You're the one he could always count on, the one who can solve his problems, the one who can dominate those who stand against her, but would never, never harm her good friend Dale.

Then you open your eyes.  Dale's fear lessens as he looks at you.

"Look, I.. I.." he chokes.  "There's just a guy called Goro, and he said there'd be booze, and the dynamite.. I don't see how it could have went wrong..."

"So figure it out!  It's all gotta hold together.  You gotta know something!  Think it through, go over it in your head, one step at a time."

(Dale Processing, 0+1d6, 5)
(Dale Empathy, 0+1d6, 4)
(Dale Memory, 0+1d6, 2)

(Motivation, 1d6+2 (+2 circumstance) vs Easy, 3+4, 7 vs 4) Success
(Motivation, 1d6+2 (+2 circumstance) vs Challenging, 2+4, 6 vs 8) Failure

(Dale Processing, 2+1d6, 3+2, 5)
(Dale Empathy, 2+1d6, 5+2, 7)
(Dale Memory, 2+1d6, 5+2, 7)

Dale breaks down, and slumps to the ground.  You kneel over him and talk him through it, as he mumbles the words to himself, one line at a time.

There's a guy called Goro.  He got Goro's name through some other guy, another Gyre, who he used to buy his smokes from.  Goro is another local, but one who has train tickets and some kinda technical job.  Dale's not sure how he gets the train tickets.  Goro will carry messages around, and has carried letters to his brother in the army.

"He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but.. I don't know, it's..  I mean, those were just letters, nothing important, maybe he set me up.  What I don't know is why."

Dale also doesn't really know where the dynamite came from, and reveals that he was the one to bring up the booze.  Dale's dad is an alcoholic, so maybe Goro just used him for it.

(Memory, 5)

You don't know if this Goro guy is for real or not, but you're pretty sure he won't be anywhere near here, not with the army about, innocent or guilty.

..what you really need is the guy's full name.  Which Dale finally remembers as being "Goro Orysovets".  If he's not a secret policeman, there should be some record of him from here, at the technical school.  Almost all Gyres go through it, so if Goro was telling the truth..

In any way, you really aren't sure how to find the guy now.  If he's real, he probably was telling the truth about the dynamite being from the mine.  If he's a secret policeman or some kinda agent, he was lying and you'll never see him again.

When all is said and done, though, you need to decide on a course of action.  You straighten up, pick up Dale, and help him get his act together.  It only takes a dozen seconds for him to straighten up and get his head on straight.. he's ready for the next step.

What's your next move?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

You have 55 smuggled Union cigarettes, currently at home.  People in and around the school know you're good for them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 01:57:45 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2021, 12:11:13 am »

Caw.

(Too late, but it would have been amusing with a sufficiently high roll.  ;-p)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2021, 12:33:18 am »

Go to the wilderness, we need to hide

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2021, 03:03:57 am »

Go to the sewers or rain water drainage, as it's closer because we're right on top of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2021, 07:58:46 am »

Again, they don't know we did it.  Hiding in places they'd look for criminals only makes us look more guilty.  Going home makes us just one more dumb kid in a city of thousands.  If you want to hide a tree, you put it in the forest, not the desert.

Our choice is whether to try and find Orysovets now, or after things have cooled down some.  Since it'll be super suspicious if some kid shows up at the school asking for someone's name right after a giant munitions detonation... We should go home and lay low for a day or so.  Agree to meet with Dale in a couple days, at a specific time.  And repeat that he should not tell anyone about us, keep 100% quiet.

He might get assassinated just to seal the leak, but that's only making things safer and easier for us anyway.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2021, 03:48:59 am »

Again, they don't know we did it.  Hiding in places they'd look for criminals only makes us look more guilty.  Going home makes us just one more dumb kid in a city of thousands.  If you want to hide a tree, you put it in the forest, not the desert.

Our choice is whether to try and find Orysovets now, or after things have cooled down some.  Since it'll be super suspicious if some kid shows up at the school asking for someone's name right after a giant munitions detonation... We should go home and lay low for a day or so.  Agree to meet with Dale in a couple days, at a specific time.  And repeat that he should not tell anyone about us, keep 100% quiet.

He might get assassinated just to seal the leak, but that's only making things safer and easier for us anyway.
+1 I guess doing that makes more since.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2021, 01:55:42 am »

"Okay, we'd better split up, I'm going to try and sneak past them.  We can meet up at the school on Monday, say just before first class, outside the front door."

"Good luck."

At that, the two of you split up.

(Dale, luck rolls, 5,2,6)

As for yourself, you move a couple blocks over, on the side streets, making your way slowly for home... but the streets are empty, with everyone running, hiding, or staying inside.  As you peer down a street, you can see a couple soldiers moving your way in the distance.  You have to get inside the perimeter if you want to make it home, safe.

You look around, is there anything you can do?

Up the fire escape.  Your legs have recovered, and you're feeling quick today.  You're pretty sure you can make the jump.  A couple of stories up, and you can go lie down on some apartment's porch, invisible from below.  Then, just wait for them to pass.

Into the bushes.  They're just full of brambles, but you could tough it out.  It'll be extremely uncomfortable, and you'll wreck your clothing, but they'll probably not see you there.

You could try to bluff your way through.  You're a writer, you can come up with a believable scenario for you being outside.  These two guys don't seem like exceptional soldiers, just conscripts a year or two older than you.

Maybe.. you should just not be there.  You have been feeling weird, and you still feel a bit flushed from Dale, like you almost were some kinda unstoppable force for a moment.  Maybe you can just convince them you're only part of the wall or something.

Something else?  Write-in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2021, 01:59:22 am »

Up!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2021, 06:10:55 am »

Up the fire escape!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8