Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Ascent. [SG] <On Hiatus>  (Read 5260 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascent. [SG]
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2021, 02:52:27 am »

Ask him to elaborate on what the fun thing might be.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2021, 06:06:02 am »

Accept, ask where to meet up, we can get more details then and back out if we need to.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2021, 01:40:47 pm »

Politely decline.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2021, 10:58:06 pm »

Ask for elaboration, but agree to meet up.

"No, not here.  Too many ears around.  Thursday, after class by the canal dock."

Thursday it is.

Until Thursday, things go relatively normal.  People are still really nice and solicitious of you, to a degree that is moderately worrying, but nobody else brings you lunch, and they no longer appear quite so.. exhiliarated? by your presence.  And your conversations are at least somewhat ordinary with them.  Your mornings continue fast, but now that you know what to watch for, you can at least make sure you're paying some attention to yourself.  Although you do wonder a bit why you should bother, if you could save time and nobody would notice.  As well as the opposite.  What would happen if you really tried to pour on the charm?  Could you skip school and have nobody care?

You do spend a good hour or so running, to see if your whole body is as tough as you feel.  It's somewhat reassuring when you start losing your breath after about ten minutes.  You're absolutely in better shape than you were only a few days ago, but you're not some kind of monstrous creature.  Despite any vagrant thoughts that come about how terrible it is to only be able to run a couple miles before you lose your pace.  You know that's a perfectly respectable performance.

Eventually it's time for your meetup.  Dane is sitting by the canal dock, smoking.  Domestic cigarettes, not imported.  He's not too busy, leaning on a big crate, free hand on a small one, trying to appear nonchalant.

"I had to wait until today, because seeing's more important than believing.  Here, take a look at this."  And then he opens up the small crate his hand is over.

The crate is full of long skinny cylinders which you..

(Memory vs Easy, 0+1d6, 4 vs 4) success

..recognize as dynamite.

"You interested in blowing stuff up?"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 12:16:24 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2021, 02:03:01 am »

"...Why would I need to blow things up?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2021, 02:35:30 am »

YES
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2021, 11:35:52 pm »

"Where the fuck did you get those?"

(Charm, 4+2d6 vs Very Hard, 14. 4+11, 15, success.)

"Well, it's about who you know."

"Not good enough", you respond, glaring at him.

"Err.."  Dane says, looking ashamed, and trying very hard to not look at your face.  "It's just that.."

"Spill it."

Dane spills it.  The dynamite is courtesy of a sympathetic loading agent at a not-too-distant mine, who smuggled it here on a locomotive.  Dane knew it was coming, picked it up, and popped it over here.

The plan is to blow up.. another train.  Or a few train cars, at least.  At this, dane opens up a second crate.

This one's about a third full of alcohol.  A dozen glass bottles of cheap booze.

"You may not know it, being a proper Alosian, but us Gyres", he says, referring to people from here, "Are to be kept properly supressed.  As such, there's two things that are never rationed.  Booze", he says, kicking the crate, "And dope.  At least for us Gyres."

Anyway, there's a train arriving tomorrow, supposedly carrying a dozen cars full of booze.  A month's supply for the city.  Shipped special.  The last month was short due to supposed "production issues".. Dane says, smirking.  So this shipment is important.

"So.. you in?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2021, 01:16:27 am »

YES!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2021, 07:46:05 am »

Ask why Gyres are suppressed

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2021, 04:09:17 pm »

That or two people can throw twice as much dynamite in the same amount of time, one of us can light it, the other could throw it, or we could each light and throw independently and target multiple areas of the train

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2021, 09:02:54 pm »

While the intent is laudable, this doesn't seem profitable enough to be worth the potential heat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2021, 12:42:16 am »

Why are Gyres suppressed

(Memory, 1d6, 6)

Because they're not happy being part of Alosia?  I mean, they were conquered a few decades ago.  And you know there has been trouble.

Why us?

A thought runs through your mind that of course you should be approached about this.  Of course you should receive this offer.  After all, you're a special person!  It's only natural for people to be asking you to do important things!

I mean.. you're not a bomb thrower, but you're sure you could do it, if only you tried!  You can do anything!

You shake the strange thought off and actually ask the question.

"There's like twenty train cars of the stuff.  If there are two people doing it, we'll get it done in half the time."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8