Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2  (Read 9841 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2021, 05:28:36 pm »

(They don't stick around, but the effects last. You have seen me play Quick Dial before? Given it costs a star each for the two cards, that bonus only lasting for a turn would be bad.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2021, 05:30:54 pm »

"Spell" is not an actual card distinction. Effects are as written, and if an effect specifically is active during the turn they are played on they will say so.

In the case of Brainwash, the effect is triggered by the card being played (Which is sort of the default trigger for card effects if nothing else is stated). Nothing on the card says that control switches a back to the owner, or that the effect only lasts while the card is in play. (I'll admit that one should probably be nerfed though)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2021, 05:44:13 pm »

(The fact it can control 3 star cards is a bit much compared to Rouge Fire which is set to only destroy 0 star cards.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2021, 06:34:26 pm »

(The fact it can control 3 star cards is a bit much compared to Rouge Fire which is set to only destroy 0 star cards.)

((There is two star cost difference to be fair))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2021, 06:39:04 pm »

(You spend three stars, then he spends two to take control of it. Not to mention it isn't unique, this card is ruinous on it's own. No downside to using it on a two star, your foe loses a strong card, and you gain a strong card. Use it on a three star, and it's a pure advantage.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2021, 06:51:08 pm »

(You spend three stars, then he spends two to take control of it. Not to mention it isn't unique, this card is ruinous on it's own. No downside to using it on a two star, your foe loses a strong card, and you gain a strong card. Use it on a three star, and it's a pure advantage.)

((And that has nothing to do with Rogue Fire at all so I'm not sure why you brought it up))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2021, 07:06:49 pm »

“Well I believe it’s GG then. I play Runic Magecraft: Gandr on your Parasitic Plant.

Runic Magecraft: Gandr deals 3 damage to the Plant, destroying it then…

Venus Flytrap deals 6 damage to you, ending the game. With four potential damage from Fallen Paladin and the Two Inside Traders. Good game, I hoped you had fun.

Tips: You should have an Efficient Leaves and Parasitic Plants out so that plant can become stronger, the next two star monster card you play should also have a priority on health.
Spoiler: Bennie’s Stats (click to show/hide)

(Mind control effects are not the be-end at end-all of cards, there are always going to be counters, and because I don’t have a continuous way to generate Stars, my ability to cast Brainwash repeatedly is difficult, it’s also weak against wide boards.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2021, 09:10:26 pm »

I’d have to make one, Parasitic Plant is my only 2 star card, it looks like we can’t make any more cards before the tournament, so I’ll have to fix up my deck before it starts. We should go home together to avoid getting attacked

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2021, 07:56:45 pm »

Later, at the New Semester Tournament Freshman Division, Jack Jackson goes up against Odelia De Clare in the first round!

"Next up, its the Clash of Currency with the two wealthiest freshmen students! Give it up for Jack Jackson and Odelia De Clare!"

As determined by a large novelty coin flip, Odelia takes the first turn!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2021, 09:53:26 pm »

Odelia decides she will use Deck A for this match. While it may be risky in the long run to reveal so many of her new cards, in the short term she would like to ensure she gets through her first match.

"It is quite the shame that one of us will be leaving the tournament so early. Your deck has given me quite the inspiration, even if I haven't really gotten to put the ideas to use just yet."

'Lets start with something simple.'

Odelia plays French Soldier (100 Years War)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2021, 10:07:23 pm »

Jack draws a card...

Jack nods just a bit. "If you manage to win this one, talk to me. I might be inclined to give you a bit of assistance before the semifinal match."

Jack plays Fallen Paladin!

Fallen Paladin's effect deals 1 damage to French Soldier (100 years war), destroying it and ultimately returning it to Odelia's hand.

"That said, I don't intend to lose here."

Spoiler: Jack Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2021, 10:28:56 pm »

She gives a simple nod in turn. "I will be sure to remember that."

Odelia draws a card.

'And this is why my French Soldier is as good a card as it is.'

Odelia re-plays French Soldier

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2021, 10:43:04 pm »

Jack draws a card.

"Right. Now I'll show you one of my latest tricks."

Jack plays Holy!

Because French Soldier (100 Years War) was previously destroyed, it is banished! Unfortunately, Banishing is not Destroying so it does not return to hand.

Fallen Paladin attacks Odelia directly to deal 2 damage!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2021, 11:36:43 am »

Odelia draws a card.

"A potentially quite useful card against the right enemy. Of course, considering that it already does 3 damage, the only real difference against these soldiers from, say, the Gandr I use on your Fallen Paladin,"

"Is that the soldier now goes to a different pile."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 06, 2021, 01:57:02 pm »

Jack Jackson draws a card...

"Perhaps, but I think its an important distinction."

Jack plays White Knight!

This ends Jack's turn!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22