Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 50026 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@The Town PR:
You're probably the Tracker, don't claim today unless you have a result that proves someone is mafia.

Otherwise, if you claim today the mafia will just eliminate you tonight and we will have nothing for lylo tomorrow.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 7/9 [Day 2: Cyber Sea Blues]
« Reply #301 on: June 30, 2021, 09:13:25 pm »

Very well then. Though I did note the whole bastardized bit given this isn't a situation I am normally prepared for. Not enough experience.

Rolan7 has ben modkilled. Rolan7 was a Vanilla Townie

So now it is officially MYLO.
I'm like 99% certain that this wasn't necessary and that Toony never asked for this in-thread. What the fuck?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hedge...my dude...why...? You fucked us over so hard for no reason.

I'm honestly not sure what to say today tbh. I don't understand why scum killed Blu since they didn't even hint at having a PR AFAIK. Magma/Pref feels like the obvious pair at this point but idk, that seems too easy.

If Pref vs FoU isn't scum vs scum, then even if there is one scum between them, by PoE due to my town reads the second scum has to be Magma. Does this make sense? Jack Toony and I seem to all be town reading each other, so it literally only leaves Magma, right?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I wasn't expecting the modkill either, but at least it clears the slot and improves the pacing of the game instead of waiting for subs.

Mafia can't keep Rolan alive as a lylo breaker now either, so this is arguably a town-sided move and it helps my POE out.

For example, if we mislynched today we almost certainly would have had Rolan around for D3 for lylo and it would have been awful.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this means that ToonyMan is town. As far as I can tell, he never requested a mod-kill in-thread, but that's how TricMagic read it apparently. And given that, I don't think he'd so quickly remove a townie from the game on scum's recommendation. I think that if Toony were scum, the mod would require a vote as he has for other events (such as the extension).
I feel dirty using this reasoning to town-read Toony but it somewhat makes up for the fact that we've lost a lynch that probably wasn't going to be used on Rolan.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

This makes things interesting since I think you're mafia Magma.

Who's mafia from your POV now? Pref/Roden?

Everyone should give their POEs today.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This makes things interesting since I think you're mafia Magma.

Who's mafia from your POV now? Pref/Roden?

Everyone should give their POEs today.
I'm re-reading the thread now under the assumption that you're town to see if that changes any of my reads. I also want to see whom Blue suspected, if anyone. I'll probably still just end up voting for FoU, but we'll see.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

I'm kinda annoyed since this means my reads on Bluarian and hedgerow were both wrong. To be fair, a lot of people misjudged hedgerow, so I don't feel too bad.

That said, since there's no way for more than one player to die during the night, I'm assuming we're going to collectively no execute today - unless something exposes one of the scum.

We vote for no lynch (or sleep I've seen it called) and force the mafia to clear another player by killing them. But first we need to have some discussion to determine the scum.

Yeah, this is pretty obvious.

I think this means that ToonyMan is town. As far as I can tell, he never requested a mod-kill in-thread, but that's how TricMagic read it apparently. And given that, I don't think he'd so quickly remove a townie from the game on scum's recommendation. I think that if Toony were scum, the mod would require a vote as he has for other events (such as the extension).
I feel dirty using this reasoning to town-read Toony but it somewhat makes up for the fact that we've lost a lynch that probably wasn't going to be used on Rolan.
Jeesh. Such a meta argument. Worst part is I can't find anything wrong with it. I'll take it, I guess. Doesn't say anything about Magma's own scumminess, though.

Blatant Town:
As per Magma's argument, ToonyMan. I don't like it, but it is what it is.
As per flailing, EuchreJack.

Taking myself out of the pool, that leaves three players, two of which must be mafia.

I mean, a two-thirds shot is pretty good, but executing at random will screw us.

Prefuzek. Roden. Magma Mater.

Let's go over these one by one, shall we?

Prefuzek:
Day 1 voting history: (From closest to end of day to closest to start of day)
Hedgerow is doing nothing but talk about the setup which is something scum can do just as easily as town. I also think that Roden might be correct in that they slipped up with the roleblocker thing, but it's hard to say. But I'm getting an even stronger scum-feeling on FallacyofUrist, whose posts read more like somebody commenting on a game that they're not a part of than someone invested in figuring things out. Their whole "I'm not going to post reads" thing feels like a pointless affectation, and it's pretty much all they've done so far.
I always like to keep a pretty steady eye on the experienced players. Also, for now, EuchreJack. The brand new players shouldn't be too hard to read. What do you think of all this setup discussion on D1?

Roden:
In any case, I think pressuring Hedge next would be a good call.

Vote: Hedgerow
I don't think I can say I'm hard scum reading anyone yet. But as of now I think there's one mafia between Jack and Hedge. I don't think they're buddies though, and I think putting them on concurrent wagons will be more revealing than just poking inactive players with votes.

Vote: EuchreJack

Magma Mater:
Running out of time so
hedgerow
I'm going to place my vote here:
FallacyOfUrist
The lack of reads and the amount of filler in your posts is alarming. Despite getting a deadline extension specifically for you to get into the game, you've done nothing but refuse to engage other players. I think you're trying to freely coast to day two by virtue of being a replacement.
I'm going to vote for ToonyMan. There are a few inconsistencies in his posts

Magma Mater and Roden were voting hedgerow at the end of the day, Prefuzek never did. That's a point for Prefuzek in my book - not having been on a town elimination wagon.

Who put the least amount of effort into voting for hedgerow? Roden's vote was, in all evidence, a pressure vote. Which was left on hedgerow till the end of the day. That seems... fishy. Magma Mater didn't put much effort into their vote either, but it was justified as 'making sure there wouldn't be a tie', which is at least... understandable. That said, why hedgerow and not EuchreJack? Both of them were valid options. Magma Mater had a choice. While I could respect either choice, Jack or Hedgerow, the fact that Magma didn't try to justify which choice they made, at the time of the vote, is fishy. Especially given their much more detailed cases on me and Toony earlier. Not even one sentence to say 'here's why hedgerow is scummier than Jack'. This reeks of detachment. This reeks of not caring who dies.

This reeks...

Of scum.

So my proposed scumteam is Magma Mater and Roden.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I've been thinking about each of the combos and hypothesizing each case in my head before I dive in.

Spoiler: My Team Reads (click to show/hide)

Initial feelings:

If Roden is mafia it's with Pref or Magma. FoU is unlikely and Jack is very very unlikely.

If Jack is mafia it's almost certainly with FoU. Magma is the next likely. Pref and Roden is likely never true.

If FoU is mafia it's almost certainly with Jack. It could be with Roden, but unlikely. It's very unlikely with Pref or Magma.

If Pref is mafia it's with Roden or Magma. It's very unlikely with Jack or FoU.

If Magma is mafia it's with Pref or Roden. Magma is possible, but meh. FoU is very unlikely.

This leaves my most likely pairings as...

Roden/Pref
Roden/Magma
Jack/FoU
Pref/Magma
(and Magma/Jack which I feel meh about)

I don't suspect Roden/Jack/FoU, but I will keep this in mind while I'm rereading.

Going to bed soon so don't expect anything from me until tomorrow. Nobody vote anything.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If Pref vs FoU isn't scum vs scum, then even if there is one scum between them, by PoE due to my town reads the second scum has to be Magma. Does this make sense? Jack Toony and I seem to all be town reading each other, so it literally only leaves Magma, right?
Right now I think Pref is a better choice over Magma between the two.

Magma is the highest town read player by quite a bit so if we want to give us players any credit then that's one reason to pick Pref over Magma first.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Magma is the highest town read player by quite a bit so if we want to give us players any credit then that's one reason to pick Pref over Magma first.
Nah, Magma Mater burned all their town cred at end of day 1, plus this town mislynched.  I give most of you players no credit.  I'm thinking Roden primarily because Toonyman has been consistently wrong in reading people the entire game.  ToonyMan, you have a Giant blind spot when it comes to Roden.

I am giving credit to FOU's in that they don't think Pref is more scummy than Roden, even though Pref voted them and Roden didn't.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While I understand your point, I don't think there's any way Magma isn't mafia. Going by your own reads, Pref/FoU cannot be a pairing. You are going out of your way to help town, above and beyond what scum would need to do to get town read. Jack was a flailing townie on Day 1, and I'm willing to bet the game on it. And I'm 100% town.

From my point of view, Magma is basically guaranteed scum.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack, you or I are the guaranteed night kill tonight. If anyone else dies, they will reveal both scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Jack, you or I are the guaranteed night kill tonight. If anyone else dies, they will reveal both scum.
Hm, why not Toonyman? How does that reveal both scum?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You seriously think Roden is mafia Jack?

Look at this post and this post.

Also, your town read on me makes sense from the perspective of a veteran player sorting a new player. And I think it is genuine since the quote of me mentioning Gnosia implies you went through my ISO before making your town read. This isn't a confirmed town move, but I do think town has a reason to actually do that before giving a town read.
This is such a good point and I'll be amazed if mafia!Roden thought of it.

How does everyone feel about Jack atm? Because I'm actually getting defensive townie vibes at this point. FoU mentioned Jack could just be misplaying town, and I'm really starting to see it. I don't think mafia tries to build a case for a next day elim if they believe they're getting voted out on the current day. It would just be a waste of time.
Unvote
Toony, if your theory about Web is right then his slot might be town too. Unless you think it's possible Web would've tried to early pocket Jack with a town read.
This is an incredibly townie rationale if you look at the context leading up to it. Roden is genius mafia playing or they're not mafia.

The only Roden partners that even make sense are with Magma or Pref. I'm a complete idiot if it's Roden/FoU and it's simply not Roden/Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49