Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49925 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(1) BluarianKnight- EuchreJack
(1) EuchreJack- hedgrow
(0) prefuzek -
() Magma Mater
(1) webadictFallacyofUrist - prefuzek
(4) hedgerow- Roden, FallacyofUrist, ToonyMan, Magma Mater
(0) Roden-
(0) Rolan7-
(0) ToonyMan[Veteran Player]-

The day grows short, and though some extend time, eventually, that time runs short. In the end though there is no true majority, hedgerow is determined to be the mafiahacker among them.
hedgerow has been trimmed from the pool of players. hedgerow was a 1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

[FOOLS!] static.
{Shut it hacker. I'm confident this is only the first step to your defeat.}

Night 1 ends at 10:10 AM Central Time. Or if all Roles send in their actions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 7/9 [Day 2: Cyber Sea Blues]
« Reply #286 on: June 30, 2021, 06:29:56 pm »

The Night lifts the darkness, and a new day dawns to find the mafiahackers. However, you are one shorter for it. BluarianKnight was sent to the Junkyard next night, crushed by a suit of armor. A somber tune plays. [BluarianKnight was a Vanilla Townie.]

As Rolan7 is no longer in play, they no longer count for victory conditions. This may change if another takes up the torch before the day ends. Due to Vet suggestion, Rolan7 has been Modkilled by the Whitehat. They were a Vanilla Townie.

This now counts as Mislynch and Lose.(Or MYLO. In comparison to Lynch or Lose[LYLO] where you have to lynch.)

() EuchreJack-
() prefuzek -
() Magma Mater
() FallacyofUrist -
() Roden-
() ToonyMan[Veteran Player]-

4 to Hammer.

Day 2 has started, and will end on Monday, 6:30 PM Central Time.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 07:17:45 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 30, 2021, 06:52:40 pm »

@Toonyman [Veteran Player]: Any advice for what we should be doing Day 2? I've actually never gotten this far...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 30, 2021, 06:52:54 pm »

(This was written during Night 1.)

I need to address something first.

Spoiler: @Hedgerow: (click to show/hide)

Moving on...

Spoiler: N1 Thoughts (click to show/hide)

I'm surprised by the Bluarian kill. This must have been a "looking for the other PR" kill or they wanted to remove someone from my FoU/Blu/Me lylo list so thanks for that.

This leaves my POE - or Process of Elimination - with Pref/Magma/Rolan.

@TricMagic:
As Rolan7 is no longer in play, they no longer count for victory conditions. This may change if another takes up the torch before the day ends.

If no replacement is found for Rolan7, this could count as Mislynch and Lose.(Or MYLO. In comparison to Lynch or Lose[LYLO] where you have to lynch.) Note this only applies if Rolan7 is town.

No. This isn't acceptable. You can't gimp town today if Rolan is town and force us to vote no lynch. That's not fair.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2021, 06:59:16 pm »

@Toonyman [Veteran Player]: Any advice for what we should be doing Day 2? I've actually never gotten this far...
Boycott until Tric changes the rules.

Why do you think Bluarian was killed?

Do you also think the two mafia are inside Pref/Magma/Rolan?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 30, 2021, 07:06:15 pm »

Boycott until Tric changes the rules.

Why do you think Bluarian was killed?

Do you also think the two mafia are inside Pref/Magma/Rolan?

Blue was killed because the scumteam is dumb.  I was going to post D2 "Hey, Blue must be mafia because I'm still alive!  Any combination that doesn't include Blue would kill me as confirmed town, since they can't push the vote onto me, and they know there is no doctor or bulletproof.  Only Blue, whom I suspected, would keep me alive.  Any other scum team would want me dead, and Blue getting suspected would just be gravy."
...and then BLUE is dead.

Scum team is most likely Pref & Magma.  Or, it doesn't matter if one of them is scumbuddies with Rolan7, since Rolan7 is out.

I support the boycott.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 30, 2021, 07:15:06 pm »

Very well then. Though I did note the whole bastardized bit given this isn't a situation I am normally prepared for. Not enough experience.

Rolan7 has ben modkilled. Rolan7 was a Vanilla Townie

So now it is officially MYLO.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Tric: You Bastard  :P

Nah, it seems fair enough to me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toony is the Vet. His word counts double given I don't have much 'on the fly' GMEXP.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Very well then. Though I did note the whole bastardized bit given this isn't a situation I am normally prepared for. Not enough experience.

Rolan7 has ben modkilled. Rolan7 was a Vanilla Townie

lol

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman: Why do you see Pref & Magma as a team, as opposed to either player being on a team with someone else, like FOU for example.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I don't think Tric intended this, but they may have mod-slipped the setup is a town Tracker with two Goons because it's not technically MYLO if the town has a Jailkeeper and stops/protects the mafiakill tonight. I'm okay with pointing this out since the mafia know the setup now anyway.

@Toonyman: Why do you see Pref & Magma as a team, as opposed to either player being on a team with someone else, like FOU for example.
I'm about to watch stuff with some people but I can respond more when I'm back in an hour or two.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, it's bedtime and I go a bit crazy. I am not the bastion of green advice you are toony.

You should probably assume it is anyway, since if it is you had better hit the right button. And not the red one, or was it green?

Anyway, Goodnight.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman: No problem, we certainly have the time.  Especially since No Lynch has at least marginal strategic use.  Advice on voting in this situation would be appreciated.  I'm probably going to be leery of voting too soon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Quick post first.

@Toonyman: No problem, we certainly have the time.  Especially since No Lynch has at least marginal strategic use.  Advice on voting in this situation would be appreciated.  I'm probably going to be leery of voting too soon.
We don't vote anyone today. If we're wrong we lose now thanks to the modkill.

We vote for no lynch (or sleep I've seen it called) and force the mafia to clear another player by killing them. But first we need to have some discussion to determine the scum.

If the mafia team isn't Magma/Pref then I can only conclude my re-evaluation was wrong and that the team really is just Jack/FoU. I highly doubt Roden is mafia unless they are playing me hard.

It's straight up these two combinations in my opinion:

Magma/Pref - high likelihood
Jack/FoU - low likelihood

FoU can't be mafia with Magma or Pref because both were trying to kill FoU at the end of Day 1.
I don't think Jack is mafia anymore and this read is stronger than my town read of FoU.
Roden I strongly town read.

I will be exploring Pref/Magma interactions to see if there's anything decisive.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49