Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132341 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Screaming Silence
« Reply #1170 on: October 28, 2021, 07:43:17 pm »

"If it was headed toward the woods, it may have already done something in the village. Some of us should check on the villagers while maybe others check in the woods nearby. If you want, some of us an still head down the path as well. Check all the options, as it were."

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 28, 2021, 08:12:10 pm »

”Makes sense. Debby, do you want to try finding the creature?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 28, 2021, 08:17:37 pm »

"I suppose we're not the only ones who thought to pretend being villagers. It's possible that if we let this one escape, it'll inform its allies of our presence."

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Shadowed Woods
« Reply #1173 on: October 28, 2021, 09:23:38 pm »

Aaron seeks to know where exactly this thing is right now, and what it was trying to do.

(Also, did my action get noticed from last turn and just fail, I wonder?)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 08:15:25 pm by fatcat__25 »
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 28, 2021, 09:25:09 pm »

(There were a lot of posts, I wager it was just overlooked)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 29, 2021, 01:23:16 am »

Missed this one, PW. He's doing his cognizant thing.

"Interesting. Either my mind is giving me false information, or Greenveil is underground, and in the south of the forest. That is not where it seems the travelers are. The town is probably worth investigating, but may not have anything to do with the disappearances. I say we travel there tomorrow, and find out whether one of my pieces of knowledge is wrong."
Aaron volunteers for the second watch, and while waiting for arrangements, attempts to know the route from Greenveil to the village.

(Sorry if the underlining was extraneous. I figure if I get wrong info, it will be less disastrous that direction.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 29, 2021, 03:45:57 am »

”Makes sense. Debby, do you want to try finding the creature?”
"Sure, I could try asking the corn, a scarecrow, or a building if it saw anything."

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 29, 2021, 06:12:15 am »

”Or maybe a firefly, if any are around. I last saw the creature at that cornfield. I’ll join you there shortly, I’m just going to see if I can stop it in its tracks first.”

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 29, 2021, 02:48:35 pm »

Ho?!”, Hugh jolts awake.  “Now, what’s all this about?”, he asks.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 29, 2021, 03:13:17 pm »

"Our friend Grey located a likely target disappearing into the fields. Perhaps if we could learn the correct location we could repeat that teleportation trick you used and take the thing by surprise?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1180 on: October 29, 2021, 04:58:18 pm »

"Interesting. Either my mind is giving me false information, or Greenveil is underground, and in the south of the forest. That is not where it seems the travelers are. The town is probably worth investigating, but may not have anything to do with the disappearances. I say we travel there tomorrow, and find out whether one of my pieces of knowledge is wrong."
Aaron volunteers for the second watch, and while waiting for arrangements, attempts to know the route from Greenveil to the village.

(Sorry if the underlining was extraneous. I figure if I get wrong info, it will be less disastrous that direction.)

Missed the second half of this action.
[?]
You know...the way to the village will make itself known, one way or another.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 29, 2021, 05:59:09 pm »

"Our friend Grey located a likely target disappearing into the fields. Perhaps if we could learn the correct location we could repeat that teleportation trick you used and take the thing by surprise?"

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Is that so!”, Hugh rubs the back of his head.  “All I really did was eat the distance between myself and the village.  Didn’t expect it to produce that big thunderclap, though…

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 29, 2021, 06:13:36 pm »

"Ah. I had my mouth open at the time. I would not expect such an effect every time. Though it might prove a useful way to pierce an enemy's defenses?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #1183 on: October 29, 2021, 06:35:31 pm »

REmove disguise, go knock on doors. See if any more villagers are missing or if anything else is out of place. Scan the buildings and villagers with my needle.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 29, 2021, 06:39:47 pm »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Is that what happened?”, Hugh laughs.  “I’ve got an idea.  How about I transform back and pull out my needle.  Then I’ll grab you and another person (needles out, of course) and a third person can climb on my back.  Assuming I know this things location (or a bearing and the distance), I can eat the required distance and you can do your thing to make the thunderclap.  When we get there, others can teleport in if necessary, too.  All we need is two more people.  What do you say?”, Hugh looks around expectantly with a wide grin on his face.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 116