Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131639 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #795 on: August 18, 2021, 10:27:19 pm »

((Double post because you might've read the previous post and I don't want to sneakily add something in. Grey briefly gave the "Maintain" needle to Genesis so Ozarck's inventory had the "Maintain" needle in it for a little while, which would definitely be confusing if you weren't following what Grey and Genesis had been doing.))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 10:29:00 pm by Fire and Glory »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 18, 2021, 10:28:46 pm »

((Thanks))
“If no one else does, I’ll do it. I don’t want to not be doing something productive. Upon thinking, I seem to have gotten confused. I don’t actually have a spell in my needle yet, I’m an anagramist, and can thus turn things into other things based on letters, but to put the spell in the needle would convert the original object into magic in the needle”

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 18, 2021, 10:49:31 pm »

"Alright, Tess would be best suited to this work, so I'll see if I can get her here."

Grey sorts through the colored threads connected to his needle that only he can see, and picks one of the few that lead off the ship, going all the way to the shore. The blue one, connected to Tess. He points the eye in the direction of that thread and speaks.

"Tess? You can change what material you're made of, right? We're coming up with strategies for one of us to go try leading the hammer out of the storm and bring it to the ship, or alternatively to beach the thing on the shore. Youare and I have a couple of ideas for getting the creature to go where we want it to, and it seems to me that you're the one best suited for the job. If you aren't busy with matters where you are, do you want to help us kill the beast?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 02:20:45 am by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 18, 2021, 11:01:37 pm »

The Speaker asks the sea if there are any rods of counting in it and, if so,  where they can be found.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

Edit:  fixed action
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 11:40:55 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 18, 2021, 11:42:04 pm »

I know your laughing, but believe me, this is progress.

Push the squid into the ocean, hopefully towards an area with either a shallow incline, or a direct overhang with clear waters below.

Oh, and while I’m at it, I’m going to tell all my minions that, in the case of my death, they are to find the nearest homunculi and serve them. This will also be the standing rule for all minions created in the future. And if I can communicate via the needle link (can’t remember if that was a thing), tell both Genesis and Grey about the squid.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 18, 2021, 11:44:40 pm »

I know your laughing, but believe me, this is progress.

Push the squid into the ocean, hopefully towards an area with either a shallow incline, or a direct overhang with clear waters below.

Oh, and while I’m at it, I’m going to tell all my minions that, in the case of my death, they are to find the nearest homunculi and serve them. This will also be the standing rule for all minions created in the future. And if I can communicate via the needle link (can’t remember if that was a thing), tell both Genesis and Grey about the squid.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

((Speak into the eye of your needle.  Everyone you’re linked with should be able to hear you.))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 19, 2021, 12:50:46 am »

Shore Team
'I assume the people who came to collect the Rods were from the Atelier branch .. the one from up north, Ynisk, was it? Did they wear anything unusual or carry any symbols, like the Eye on our equipment? If I wanted to travel to Ynisk, what would be the fastest and simplest mundane method? Truck? Plane? By sea? Do you have trains or subways, or something else like teleportation circles or the like? I understand these may be odd questions. Ah, one more thing. Where might I find some writing materials? pen and paper, or some sort of texting device?"
Ask the above to Thomas. Then attempt to acquire writing materials, or a couple text devices like cell phones or the like. I don't actually have anything to trade for them except the ceramic bread, so ofer that I guess. Make clear that I am asking as a personal request, rather than as official homunculi business, and that whoever has the paper or whatever is free to decline to give it to me for what I have available.

"Tess, I may have to visit the Atelier after all. Well, it's a secondary objective anyway, so no rush, but I feel as if I may have exhausted my leads in this town. Do you have any ideas?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 19, 2021, 05:18:51 am »

"Okay Elizabeth I'm gonna do something potentially dangerous, I'm gonna ask the ocean where that hammer thing is."
Make sure to hold onto Elizabeth, then ask the ocean where the big hammer monster that sinks boats is, spend a fate point on this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 19, 2021, 11:55:53 am »

greed, out of boredom, turns the ship invisible.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 20, 2021, 01:08:28 am »

"I think it's a good idea. They should have records of what happened and where their rods of bounty are, but it's rather odd that we were sent here if that's the way we need to handle this. I think they do have records of one being missing, which is why it was in our brief in the first place. So I think we should assume that they lost one during the event, and have no leads on where it might have gone. Maybe if we check around where the town fell-"

"Tess? You can change what material you're made of, right? We're coming up with strategies for one of us to go try leading the hammer out of the storm and bring it to the ship, or alternatively to beach the thing on the shore. Youare and I have a couple of ideas for getting the creature to go where we want it to, and it seems to me that you're the one best suited for the job. If you aren't busy with matters where you are, do you want to help us kill the beast?"

startled a bit by the sound coming from my needle, I figure it out after a moment and reply.
"I could I guess. Um, what do you have in mind?"

he's gonna want me to go swimming isn't he.
I speak to Genesis:
"I might be needed on the ship. Excuse me for a moment."
I look around for some clear space, because I think I'm going to lose my air-wings soon and still want to at least try to see if I can fly, and want to not cause trouble when I make my attempt. If I find a chance, I test if I can fly or not.
EDIT: success or fail, I tug on the thread leading to Grey to send myself to him. I'll also re-link my needle with his after the teleport unless he wants me to not.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 10:08:56 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 20, 2021, 01:57:13 am »

"I could I guess. Um, what do you have in mind?"
"The idea is for me to put a spell on your needle which will force the hammer to move in a single direction. Taking the needle you will go out into the storm, find the hammer and induce it to chase you while you move upwards and in the direction of the shore. Once it's after you, zap it with the spell, get out of the way, and with any luck the magic should send it flying into the air until it wears off, whereupon it'll crash on land and we can dissect it at our leisure."

"I believe Debby is working on a way to find the creature, and Youare can put a spell on your robe to make it easier to get the thing's attention. If the spell in the needle doesn't last long enough to shoot the beast out of the ocean, you can tug the thread connecting your needle to mine and I can try casting my magic on it from the ship to finish the job."

"If you turn into water, I think it should be fairly safe for you. Water is hard to kill, after all, and should swim better than some hulking leviathan."

"That's about all. How about it?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 01:59:53 am by Fire and Glory »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 20, 2021, 02:07:16 am »

After Grey gets done explaining the plan to Tess, he takes a rifle out of one of the carts and places it and his saber on the deck. He then takes his needle, taps the end of it on the saber, and then taps the tip on the rifle and observes the results.

If Tess makes it to the ship okay, Grey links needles with them again and spends one fate to place a spell on their needle, Maintain creature’s velocity.

((Btw, Ozarck poked PW on the discord about whether our needle conversations are private or can be heard by everyone connected to the needles, and he had this to say.))

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 10:49:53 am by Fire and Glory »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 20, 2021, 07:03:21 am »

"The idea is for me to put a spell on your needle which will force the hammer to move in a single direction. Taking the needle you will go out into the storm, find the hammer and induce it to chase you while you move upwards and in the direction of the shore. Once it's after you, zap it with the spell, get out of the way, and with any luck the magic should send it flying into the air until it wears off, whereupon it'll crash on land and we can dissect it at our leisure."

"I believe Debby is working on a way to find the creature, and Youare can put a spell on your robe to make it easier to get the thing's attention. If the spell in the needle doesn't last long enough to shoot the beast out of the ocean, you can tug the thread connecting your needle to mine and I can try casting my magic on it from the ship to finish the job."

"If you turn into water, I think it should be fairly safe for you. Water is hard to kill, after all, and should swim better than some hulking leviathan."

"That's about all. How about it?"

"That won't work. If I turn into water then i'll be water, and the Hammer will have a hard time detecting me to chase me. Also, we don't actually know if I'll be faster than it or not. and finally, it's hard to hold things, like needles, when I'm not solid."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 20, 2021, 07:29:49 am »

"That won't work. If I turn into water then i'll be water, and the Hammer will have a hard time detecting me to chase me. Also, we don't actually know if I'll be faster than it or not. and finally, it's hard to hold things, like needles, when I'm not solid."
"That's why Youare will place the attracting spell on your robe instead of you. How fast you can be is a valid concern, and for carrying things I thought you could sweep them along like a water current. You know yourself best so if this sounds unrealistic, we'll come up with something else."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 07:32:22 am by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 20, 2021, 07:31:33 am »

"I think it's a good idea. They should have records of what happened and where their rods of bounty are, but it's rather odd that we were sent here if that's the way we need to handle this. I think they do have records of one being missing, which is why it was in our brief in the first place. So I think we should assume that they lost one during the event, and have no leads on where it might have gone. Maybe if we check around where the town fell-"
Genesis waits while Tess speaks across her link, then, at an appropriate pause, replies:
"I agree. I think an All-Tongue might get some information from the area of the fallen town. I'm not so sure, however, that the Magi are immediately aware of the situation with the Rods of Bounty. They have people to keep track of those things, and they have us to audit those people's work should the need arise. Though, we may simply end up confirming what the magi already suspect, or know. As for why we were sent here, remember that our primary goal is to stop the trouble and retrieve the Rod. This information hunt is secondary. Our orders even say to find this out 'if possible.' Still, it's where I am most useful at the moment, and I can still aid the team through the link until I am needed on ship."

Genesis pauses a moment, staring out at the horizon.
"We're expendable. We're recycleable. Even so, do try to survive. Don't go taking unnecessary risks for some half formed plan made by ..." Genesis glances very briefly off in the direction Speaker was last seen.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 116