Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131636 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #735 on: August 10, 2021, 10:09:47 pm »

((You are intentionally doing the same thing (talking to the land) that did 6 hp of damage to you the last time you tried it, while you have 4 hp remaining?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 10, 2021, 10:18:05 pm »

((You are intentionally doing the same thing (talking to the land) that did 6 hp of damage to you the last time you tried it, while you have 4 hp remaining?))
((It's worse ... he's asking the ground to talk to the npc ... With Genesis in the room ...))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 10, 2021, 10:37:47 pm »

((What, why? Does he n9t know that not everyone can hear the ground? Also if it damaged him, that should be an indication the ground doesn’t want to talk))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 11, 2021, 12:03:05 am »

((Speaker spent some time last mission having a delusional fit and attempting to jump to his death, so this isn't too unusual.))

"Interesting name. Was she built for the express purpose of hunting the Hammer?"

"Have you ever seen Homunculi before?"

Grey talks with the captain and spends one fate point to Maintain the ship's hull in the expectation that it'll be useful in the future, and then signals that he is ready to set sail.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 08:26:24 am by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 11, 2021, 01:06:57 am »

((Lenglon, your character is, presumeably, nearby, is she not? After all, she kinda implicitly joined the shore team and hasn't made an action to venture off on her own. Relying on the old quantuum uncertainty to shield her from the consequences of our actions?  :P))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 11, 2021, 01:14:34 am »

((Oh, she's there. Your questions have been thourough enough that she hasn't needed to ask her own, and the next process of her testing her wings (which is her current idle activity to be doing when she has nothing else to do), could potentially be disruptive so she's not doing that either. However, I doubt that she's going to be eaten by the land from Speaker's spell, and I think Genesis will be fine as well. I just think it might swallow up Speaker himself.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 11, 2021, 02:29:19 am »

((What, why? Does he n9t know that not everyone can hear the ground? Also if it damaged him, that should be an indication the ground doesn’t want to talk))

((The Speaker spent some time on a spell that allows things that can normally only be heard by all-tounges be heard by others.))

((Also, deafness and stupidity aren’t necessarily exclusive of each other.))

Edit:  BEHOLD?  That looks like something from another thread!))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:26:05 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 11, 2021, 04:09:46 am »

"Are you feeling any better now that you have the parka Elizabeth?"
Get on board the ship and look for about six feet of rope, tie one end to myself and the other to Elizabeth so if something happens we stick together, then find out where I'm needed on the ship and where we get axes and rifles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 11, 2021, 07:33:54 am »

I Go to the crows nest, and bend light from far away into my eyes so I can see really far.

((The Speaker spent some time on a spell that allows things that can normally only be heard by all-tounges be heard by others. 1BEHOLD ))

((Maybe, but for you’re character they are.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 07:35:45 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #744 on: August 11, 2021, 07:38:54 am »

Check to make sure the cannons aren’t rusting. DO NOT FIRE THEM

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 11, 2021, 01:29:16 pm »

Damn! Drat! Darn! Ok, I’m going to try to recreate that AEROLITH spell from earlier with my WHITE ROCK FLAKES from earlier, and this time store it on my needle.

Also, I’m a bit fuzzy on how spell storing works for anagramists, so could I get a clear description on that please?

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #746 on: August 12, 2021, 12:43:44 pm »

First, Genesis is going to turn to Speaker, grab his shoulders and lean in close to his ear and speak loud and slow: YOU. ARE. DEAF.
Then, he is going to continue to speak with the man behind the desk:

"He's deaf, but he's also not entirely right in the head.
1) You mentioned asking the Magi more directly, and I cannot help but notice the mark on you5r forehead. I'd like to know more about your connection to the order we also serve.
2) Please give us directions to the local Atelier branch as well.
3) Do you know of anyone from the town that sunk? I'd like to meet any survivors isf possible. Though the sinking happened years ago, if a rod had been buried with the town, it could have recently been unearthed.
4) Similarly, if you have any information on that caravan, especially a contact person we could speak with, I'd appreciate that information, as well as directions to the city they were traveling to - north, you said.
5) As for ships being sunk, unless there are records of cargo that would tell of a rod of bounty, I suppose that would be generally impossible to investigate through normal means, though some of my associates could probably get that information. But it'd probably be easier to get that information after the current situation is resolved.
6) Ah, one last thing. That old sea dog that brought us here: what is your opinion of him, especially as a leader of men and captain of a ship?

And of course, do you have any questions for us?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

1) "I used to be part of it. I asked for my freedom and it was granted. "
2) "Take the road north of here for 350 miles to the city of Ynisk. There's a branch there."
3) "There were few, and most left. But one man settled here. He's a gutter down on the docks, with a home on the third layer. Thomas Syniscy."
4) "They were heading towards Ynisk. As per contact info, I don't have any; they were simply passing through. The head of the group was called Sanders though. Big man, red hair. Symbol on their trucks was a red lion."
5) "True."
6) "I've known him since he was a boy. He is a terrible diplomat but an able captain and one with a great deal of expertise in hunting leviathans. He's got the lowest death rate of any of those larger hunting ships and his crew is loyal to the bone. If this was just a matter of killing some water logged monster I wouldn't have requested aid. You're here to keep his casualties low and handle the source of that thing."

First, Genesis is going to turn to Speaker, grab his shoulders and lean in close to his ear and speak loud and slow: YOU. ARE. DEAF.

The Speaker turns to Genesis:

I am not deaf.  It’s just that everyone keeps mumbling and mouthing their words.  For some reason, this problem only seems to happen with people.  Whenever I speak with something that isn’t a person, they (usually) enunciate their words in a normal tone of voice.  That being said, I could at least make out from this man’s mumbling that the rods of bounding (or counting, or bounty, or whatever they’re called) are carved from the Grand Antler, are shaped like trees, have sap made out of gold, and have moldy leaves (although I fail to understand why something so ornate would be ordained with something so disgusting.  In any case, I believe he wants to know about my head.

The Speaker then turns to the man behind the desk:

What happened is that the plaque in the portal room mentioned a rod of bounty, but then my associate started asking the captain of the ship about ‘rods of counting’.  Then I realized that my associate had really been asking about ‘roads of country’.  As he had been asking whether there were any farms that lacked one, I asked the land if there were any farms that weren’t connected to any roads.  Unfortunately, the land didn’t answer my question.  Instead, it…  It just… hold on…”

The Speaker then turns around and and opens the door to the outside.  He then leans outside just far enough to see the ground (I.e the land) and casts a spell on it so that non-all-tounges can hear it speak (the same spell he cast on the dummy in the training room).  He then asks the land to explain to the man behind the desk what happened.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit: :s/trading/training
[2]
Speaker shouts down...apparently at the earth itself...and tells it to explain itself to the nice boss man. Nothing happens.

Speaker spends a few seconds trying to goad the earth into speaking and then several minutes trying to explain why he actually isn't insane, thank you very much.

((Speaker spent some time last mission having a delusional fit and attempting to jump to his death, so this isn't too unusual.))

"Interesting name. Was she built for the express purpose of hunting the Hammer?"

"Have you ever seen Homunculi before?"

Grey talks with the captain and spends one fate point to Maintain the ship's hull in the expectation that it'll be useful in the future, and then signals that he is ready to set sail.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
(Remember, the more things you're actively maintaining at once, the more difficult it is to maintain any particular one.  Each one divides your power further.)

"No. Though built to hunt leviathans, she existed long before this beast gave us trouble."

"The boss is one. Aside from him, no."

[1] The spell here not only fails to form, but the one maintaining that other guy's ability to breathe also breaks.

"Are you feeling any better now that you have the parka Elizabeth?"
Get on board the ship and look for about six feet of rope, tie one end to myself and the other to Elizabeth so if something happens we stick together, then find out where I'm needed on the ship and where we get axes and rifles.
We'll assume you're tied together. As per axes and rifles, everyone will get one of each if they want it when the ship shoves off.

I Go to the crows nest, and bend light from far away into my eyes so I can see really far.

((The Speaker spent some time on a spell that allows things that can normally only be heard by all-tounges be heard by others. 1BEHOLD ))

((Maybe, but for you’re character they are.))
You head up to the top of the command deck. [5]  You reach out and collect all the distant and dim light from the horizon. The sea in the distance becomes far clearer and more illuminated. You can see more now...but you don't see anything particularly of note. There's no giant monster just hanging around in the murk, just beyond the sight of normal people.

Check to make sure the cannons aren’t rusting. DO NOT FIRE THEM
Nah they're fine.

Damn! Drat! Darn! Ok, I’m going to try to recreate that AEROLITH spell from earlier with my WHITE ROCK FLAKES from earlier, and this time store it on my needle.

Also, I’m a bit fuzzy on how spell storing works for anagramists, so could I get a clear description on that please?

Ok before I potentially put a cannon ball through your head, I'll explain how this works.  Anagramists convert one item into another. As they change, they convert into pure magic and then into the object. So like this:
Thing---->Magic---->Thing 2

When you put it into a needle you do this

Thing--->Magic--[NEEDLE]-->Thing 2

So you capture it in its magic form and hold it like that until you "Cast" it from the needle. When you do that, the new thing materializes as though you just converted the first thing.

[1] IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Ok so now there's a [1] version of that spell in your needle. Removing it from the needle will cast it. Enjoy holding that hand grenade.

WHEN SHIP GROUP IS READY TO GO, SAY "YAR, READY TO SET SAIL!" OR SOMETHING.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 12, 2021, 01:19:45 pm »

((Did I get a fate point for that?)

”Hey Greed, I’ll give you my needle and a sword if you let me have your needle”

Trade with Greed if he agrees to it.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 02:38:03 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 12, 2021, 01:42:27 pm »

“year, Ready to Set Sail!”

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 12, 2021, 05:14:33 pm »

Well, it appears the land doesn’t want to talk right now!

The Speaker heads back in and walks up to Genesis.

Now, what is the thing we’re looking for called?  And where is it most likely to be found?  Also, if you could please not mumble or mouth your words, it would be nice.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 116