Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131249 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #615 on: July 26, 2021, 09:56:34 pm »

Quote from: Piecewise
Remember to post a single action next time.
Will do.

"Nothing...Alright, thanks Flame."

Grey swaps needles with Genesis, again.

When Grey has his own needle again he fires off the Maintain (4) spell contained inside it towards one of the training dummies and observes the results.

((I won't be surprised if it does nothing interesting.))

He then goes off to find wherever Debby is.

"Hey Debby, we found out one or two things about our needles. Apparently when they're linked you can talk through them to other Humonculi, so that should be useful. You can also link them to up to seven Humonculi, which is not all of us I think, but most. Want to link ours together?"

"If you're not busy, do you think you can try asking my pendant what it does? I know it's magic but that's all."

After talking with Debby Grey congregates in the portal room.

He also breaks whatever connections were on his needle and makes them anew.

Genesis
Debby
Bob
Youare
Luta
Lambent Flame
Tess

For reference Genesis's needle which he will receive by the end of this turn, has a Maintain Velocity (4) spell in it and no glue magic I believe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 07:51:15 am by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 26, 2021, 10:15:31 pm »

((noted. I didn't use any of the generic Maintain in your needle, so that should be as you lent it to me, except that you are already linked to seven Homunculi since I did that with yours. pcik whichever guys you want, or break the threads and start fresh as you like))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 26, 2021, 10:44:43 pm »

((Right...I hear you.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 27, 2021, 01:20:11 am »

<snip>

What about my action?

Interesting…

The speaker repeats his previous experiment, except that he tries to make the effect permanent and uses it on Grey’s needle (the one that he is offering to swap with Genesis) instead, spending 1 fate point.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Your last magic was to ask books about how to do magic so I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

No.  This was my last magic:

<snip>

The Speaker thinks (probably for the first time in his life…).

He then attempts to imbue a spell that gives an object the ability to temporarily speak out loud (so that non-all-tounges can hear and understand it) into his needle and then uses it on the training dummy that Genesis is using.

[5] This works!

The dummy shouts "Hit me more!"

<snip>

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 27, 2021, 05:04:57 am »

"Hey Debby, we found out one or two things about our needles. Apparently when they're linked you can talk through them to other Humonculi, so that should be useful. You can also link them to up to seven Humonculi, which is not all of us I think, but most. Want to link ours together?"

"If you're not busy, do you think you can try asking my pendant what it does? I know it's magic but that's all."

"Sure I'll link needles sounds like it might be a useful thing in the future, and sure I'll try to find out what the pendent can do."
Talk to the pendant and see if it'll tell me what its magic does, and link my needle with those who request it, then check on Elizabeth and see if she's still asleep, if she's still asleep leave her be, but if she isn't take her with me to the portal room.
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 27, 2021, 05:10:38 am »

((Cat, at this point, rather than a quote pyramid, just repost your action alone (with your character sheet). It'll be clearer and easier for the GM to notice and respond to. Posting these quote pyramids sounds more like arguments and ooc references than attempting to get an action done, and can be overlooked by the GM or get confusing and complicated, allowing hte GM to miss what you are trying to accomplish.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 27, 2021, 07:12:36 am »

I understand that my carving will be undone shortly after it is completed, but I do still have a few moments to work with it first, so I'll try to use those moments with the carvings for the shape, and the air for the material, and see if I can retain my larger though still not big enough wings form after the carvings are reverted, or if stuff happening to the object used as a base affects me as well.

when the people testing the needles ask to link theirs with mine, I accept, but remain focused on my work.

I attempt to preload my own needle with a bodyswap spell, the user taking on the size, material, appearance, etc, of the target, and the target of them.

and finally, I head to the teleporter room to see what our next task is.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #622 on: July 27, 2021, 09:21:15 am »

<snip>

What about my action?

Interesting…

The speaker repeats his previous experiment, except that he tries to make the effect permanent and uses it on Grey’s needle (the one that he is offering to swap with Genesis) instead, spending 1 fate point.

Your last magic was to ask books about how to do magic so I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

No.  This was my last magic:

<snip>

The Speaker thinks (probably for the first time in his life…).

He then attempts to imbue a spell that gives an object the ability to temporarily speak out loud (so that non-all-tounges can hear and understand it) into his needle and then uses it on the training dummy that Genesis is using.

[5] This works!

The dummy shouts "Hit me more!"

<snip>

[6,4]
The needle absorbs the magic instead of being enchanted by it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 27, 2021, 10:48:29 am »

((So it’s like a syringe for magic, cool))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 27, 2021, 06:08:32 pm »

((Damn.  I was hoping someone would end up with a talking needle.  I even spent a fate point on it…  :())

The Speaker follows everyone else to the portal room.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #625 on: July 27, 2021, 06:46:59 pm »

Bob, having been absently basking in the glow of his belts and presumably helping with Needle Links when required, quietly makes his way to the portal room. It looked like yet another poor mage or somebody was strapped for aid, and he refused to buckle under the responsibility.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 27, 2021, 09:35:18 pm »

((Lenglon, you should have one fate point. You rolled a 1 a couple turns ago on an action. That gives you a fate point.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 27, 2021, 10:25:30 pm »

[6,4]
The needle absorbs the magic instead of being enchanted by it.
((Now I am feeling confused. If the needle originally had "Maintain" in it, has it been replaced with whatever Speaker did to it?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 27, 2021, 10:36:59 pm »

((Lenglon, you should have one fate point. You rolled a 1 a couple turns ago on an action. That gives you a fate point.))
Oh, thanks for the hesdsup. Fixed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 27, 2021, 11:15:08 pm »

((I work with anagrams, this involves messing with letters, the turn tried to store the letters of Hyperbole, h, y, p, e, b, o, and l into the wand, one copy of each letter or 2 Es and one of the other letters. Like f I had the spell, if I used the H, I would have no more Hs, I’d have the Y, P, E, R, B, O and L left…maybe I can’t take letters from a non physical object which is why you were confused, in that case,)) touch he needle to a shelf, to receive the S, H, E, L, and F for future use, hopefully this makes copies of said letters instead of disassembling the shelf. In case I can’t do this without disassembling the object, find a small shelf that isn’t holding anything, that way when the letters are taken, and it gets broken as as result, nothing else is damaged as collateral
((Ever seen the show Word World? It’s a children’s show I saw when I was younger. It’s what happens when everyone’s an anagramist))
Ignore this action, the character sheet is current though
Get to the portal room
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 116