Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 49154 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Four's Company [Day 4]
« Reply #690 on: June 08, 2021, 09:52:25 pm »

This day is going to be great because:

1. Me and Tric are confirmed town
2. Jim and NQT are going to cross vote each other
3. I think Jim is mafia
4. Tric thinks NQT is mafia
5. We can't vote no lynch because we know the last mafia may have a lylo breaker

Last night I was thinking it may actually be better if I didn't block anybody, since it would allow Jim or NQT to confirm themselves on Tric while the mafia killed me, but I was worried that mafia would win immediately if they had a lylo breaker so I had to block just to be safe.

PPE:
it could be ToonyMan if I take a deep enough draught of the wine in front of me
Literally impossible. Tric can confirm I redirected him onto FoU during N2 while Web died.

Also, Jim Groovester.

Now I just need to convince Tric that Jim is the last mafia, oh boy...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 08, 2021, 10:31:53 pm »

After the FoU town flip I looked extensively into Bluarian's interactions with Jim and NQT.

I needed to decide who to block after all.

I didn't take written notes, but I came to the conclusion that FoU was correct that Jim is the partner.

Since I'm not dead I'm going to build a case for Jim and NQT today.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 08, 2021, 10:34:16 pm »

3. I think Jim is mafia

ToonyMan I need you to have an open mind about me because otherwise we'll lose the game.

PPE:
it could be ToonyMan if I take a deep enough draught of the wine in front of me
Literally impossible. Tric can confirm I redirected him onto FoU during N2 while Web died.

If you're going to tell me there's no combination of items that you could have used to 'confirm' yourself while performing a kill, that is incorrect. Potion of Rage exists, which is a rare item. Hey, what rarity of item did BluearianKnight's Potion of Insurance bring into the game after his death?

Is it likely? Not really.

I'll do digging, but really not feeling mafia, or anything, today.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 08, 2021, 11:52:14 pm »

3. I think Jim is mafia
ToonyMan I need you to have an open mind about me because otherwise we'll lose the game.
Then convince me that it's NQT.

Arguing that the mafia is me or Tric will lose us the game. You cannot push this angle.

I'll do digging, but really not feeling mafia, or anything, today.
It's fine, we have until Friday and I don't expect this day to be shortened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 09, 2021, 12:04:31 am »

If you're going to tell me there's no combination of items that you could have used to 'confirm' yourself while performing a kill, that is incorrect. Potion of Rage exists, which is a rare item. Hey, what rarity of item did BluearianKnight's Potion of Insurance bring into the game after his death?

Is it likely? Not really.
It's actually impossible.

Potion of Rage item description:
In addition to your other action, you kill your target. You may only take one other action tonight regardless of other effects, and you cannot vote the next day due to exhaustion, but this kill is unblockable and bypasses one protection.

Vote Count at end of D3:
Vote Count:

notquitethere: TricMagic
TricMagic:
FallacyofUrist: ToonyMan, notquitethere, Jim Groovester, FallacyofUrist
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan:

Not Voting:

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 09, 2021, 01:54:18 am »

I targeted Tric with bless armor (which I picked up last night). I picked Tric because I needed to convince him most of all that I wasn't killing anyone.

Anyway, someone redirected me to Jim. Even if I didn't know from POE that Jim was scum, the fact he hasn't mentioned being blessed is damning.

Jim Groovester

I'll be looking back through the items again to make sure there's no some weird combo that could make Tric or Toony a killer on N2. I somehow doubt it!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 09, 2021, 07:27:42 am »

I assume that was Tric, which means no matter who the killer is they would have failed today unless NQT has a lylo breaker.

N3 actions:
Toony blocked Jim
Jim tried to do something, blocked
NQT targeted Tric with Bless Armor, got redirected to Jim
Tric redirected NQT to Jim?

The thing is, either one as mafia is probably smart enough not to kill at this point (unless they have a juicy lylo breaker). Look at my mafia play at the end of Roguelike Mafia 6. I chose to not kill multiple nights in a row since it was mylo/lylo and I couldn't risk being outed as solo scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 09, 2021, 07:57:28 am »

I targeted Tric with bless armor (which I picked up last night). I picked Tric because I needed to convince him most of all that I wasn't killing anyone.

Anyway, someone redirected me to Jim. Even if I didn't know from POE that Jim was scum, the fact he hasn't mentioned being blessed is damning.

Jim Groovester

I'll be looking back through the items again to make sure there's no some weird combo that could make Tric or Toony a killer on N2. I somehow doubt it!

Got it!

Jim, NQT, Toony, what items do you have left? It's entirely possible to force a confrontation here if the stars align.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 09, 2021, 08:14:57 am »

This is what I have left:

Scroll of Remove Curse   
Wand of Shapeshift   
Scroll of Curse Armor
Wand of Ill Will (newly picked up)

Probably won't come to it, as we'll win when we get rid of Jim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 09, 2021, 08:20:33 am »

I picked up a Wand of Shapeshift from the public item pool at the end of D3. I don't have anything else now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 09, 2021, 10:19:07 am »

Well, those aren't helpful.

GM, are players alerted that they are poisoned?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 09, 2021, 11:27:20 am »

@Tric:
I'll agree to a no lynch if we can't convince each other. It's better than being wrong and mafia will only kill if they have a lylo breaker, which is very unlikely. If they do kill then the other player can confirm themselves and we likely win. If they don't kill we get a chance to grab more items.

Jim has a Potion of Invincibility so even if Jim and NQT had kill items it would be risky to have them cross kill each other.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 09, 2021, 12:17:20 pm »

Jim is also 33% kill protected due to his enchanted armour. If the night goes ahead after a no lynch today, I guess I might debuff that with my curse armor item.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 09, 2021, 12:35:39 pm »

Nah, use the Wand of Ill Will on Jim in that case, there's a chance it poisons or he randomizes onto himself.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 09, 2021, 12:37:06 pm »

I would feel more comfortable if you didn't say who you were targeting. And the obvious of not targeting the only other person it could be NQT.

If you were town, the Wand of Ill Will would be the better choice, as it could randomize Jim into self-targeting or hitting you, poison them so they die the next night, outright roleblock them, or remove one of their items, reducing the chance of a lylo breaker. But you already know why that's a bad idea, as Jim isn't the mafia so it's not of any use to you to give town another day.

Nin..
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51