Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 49331 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2021, 02:22:58 pm »

Self preservation is a hallmark of my play, regardless of alignment, yes. Guilty as charged. I don't roll over or go down easy.

Of the three I've just looked at, I suppose I like Bluarian's play the least. Web has played wild, Toony has played soft, but Blu has played opportunistic. I will continue to cast the net wider as we move on to the end of the day. Jim next, then if I have time, maybe Tric or Prefuzek.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2021, 02:32:17 pm »

Baaaah....unv....

Nah, keeping my vote on prefuzek for now.  Too close to the deadline to vote "lesser scum suspects"

FOS Blue though.  I'm still feeling a bit sheepish...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2021, 02:34:32 pm »

Hmmm feel like the NQT wagon is bad. That means they aren't mafia though...probably at least one mafia on them right now if that's the case.

Toonyman is only scum on a scumteam with NQT.  If NQT is not scum, then Toonyman as scum is making his team's life harder by not letting town lynch an opposing force.

But what if scum Toonyman was just trying to Pocket NQT?  Get NQT to like him by saving NQT from a lynch?

NQT is too smart for that, and would "reward" Toonyman with a nightkill that he either may already have, or could randomly acquire in later days.  If Toonyman was scum, and saved NQT from lynching, NQT is gonna use their first Night Kill on Toonyman.  And Toonyman, I believe, is smart enough to know that.

The only way, I figure, that Toonyman is scum, is if Toonyman is on a scumteam with NQT.
Are you saying town!NQT would kill mafia!Toony for pocketing him?
Yes, as would any version NQT that isn't aligned with mafia!Toony.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2021, 02:38:43 pm »

Self preservation is a hallmark of my play, regardless of alignment, yes. Guilty as charged. I don't roll over or go down easy.

Of the three I've just looked at, I suppose I like Bluarian's play the least. Web has played wild, Toony has played soft, but Blu has played opportunistic. I will continue to cast the net wider as we move on to the end of the day. Jim next, then if I have time, maybe Tric or Prefuzek.

Yeah, this is survival:NQT. If you want the vote to move to web, you can manage that. As is this vote just reads as jumping on the most likely wagon to get you out of lynchtown asap.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2021, 02:45:08 pm »

Yeah, this is survival:NQT. If you want the vote to move to web, you can manage that. As is this vote just reads as jumping on the most likely wagon to get you out of lynchtown asap.

Indeed, if I had to pick a wagon to form to save my butt, I'd pick Blue over Web every day of the week.  Blue wagon seems desperate.  Good Job Blue for having the guts to create your own wagon.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2021, 02:48:30 pm »

Wagon AGAINST Blue seems desperate.  :-\

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2021, 02:49:11 pm »

I'm constrained by what I can do because I know the best thing in my power is to try to stop a mislynch. Everyone else is not so constrained.

But look, earlier in the day I could have hopped on the big Tric wagon which had at least half the other players on, but I don't think Tric is a good fit for scum so I'm not doing that. I've outlined why I suspect the three players I suspect. I know they can't all be scum, but I'm not about to try to wagon someone I actually think is town either. I want to lynch within Blu/Web. There's nothing unprincipled or bad play about that.

I'm currently looking at other players, to reassess my suspicions. This is something that players like Fallacy should be doing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2021, 02:50:16 pm »

My prefuzek vote isn't doing anything. I would vote FallacyofUrist for doing literally nothing except tunneling notquitethere all day long with a mediocre case but that would be trading one do nothing vote for another. This leaves BluearianKnight as the strongest read I have that might gain actual traction.
This is either a really blatant save by mafia!Jim to help mafia!NQT or the NQT wagon is a mislynch.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2021, 02:51:23 pm »

This is either a really blatant save by mafia!Jim to help mafia!NQT or the NQT wagon is a mislynch.
Same thought I had.

Ughhhhh... Do you think Jim would do that?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2021, 03:04:22 pm »

Same thought I had.
Ughhhhh... Do you think Jim would do that?
No he wouldn't.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2021, 03:08:05 pm »

BluarianKnight

Look Web, not only do I think BK is scummy here but if they flip scum then I know what players I will clear or suspect! It's like an infolynch without any of the negatives!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2021, 03:09:32 pm »

My prefuzek vote isn't doing anything. I would vote FallacyofUrist for doing literally nothing except tunneling notquitethere all day long with a mediocre case but that would be trading one do nothing vote for another. This leaves BluearianKnight as the strongest read I have that might gain actual traction.
This is either a really blatant save by mafia!ToonyMan to help mafia!NQT or the NQT wagon is a mislynch.(maybe)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2021, 03:13:22 pm »

Trust me, I'll feel really dumb if I'm wrong about NQT.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2021, 03:16:33 pm »

@ToonyMan: What about prefuzek, and the fact that Jim abandoned the vote the second that it got 2 votes?  Is my "support" really that toxic?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2021, 03:19:19 pm »

I'll deal with Pref tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 51