Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Fragile World (God Game IC)  (Read 4651 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Fragile World (God Game IC)
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2021, 03:43:15 pm »

"Hmph. Why not put it to a vote, then. Not that I expect we're bound by such things, but a measure of support would be informative to us both. Present your argument, Blue."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2021, 03:48:25 pm »

A vote like you mortals?

The improvement of the world will result in it's lasting. When the universe inevitably crumbles, what we created shall remain. We can have a lasting impact on this world. As well, the divinity inherent in all life shall be made manifest. This will lead to a much more colorful landscape, more exciting events, and due to the higher baseline, likely greater levels of worship. The beauty even low-level beings could create is also pleasing.

As the world is now, it is mundane, barely a hint of magic in it's form. I would much rather invest in a world of light, sound, divinity, one that can withstand the passage of time. While this will damage the universe, the long term benefits will outweigh the costs, so long as no-one disturbs the capacity of the universe further.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2021, 04:01:43 pm »

"I personally think there's a beauty in mundanity and the temporary. Special things are only special in relation to the normal, and normal joys are not diminished in value for being common and fleeting. I worry that your ambitions to 'elevate' all will make for a flat and uninteresting world. A glaringly gaudy one."

The hunter folds one paw over the other and tilts her head, thinking.

"But I'll admit that's a matter of opinion, and thus not really a counterargument. I can do better than that."

"What you propose will deal a staggering blow to reality itself, which in itself will have consequences for our world. It will prove apocalyptic to what we've already created, merry as it is, crushed under the weight of a world of divinity. It will narrow the margin we have to work with when we've thus far not proven our ability to cooperate, putting us all in danger of death should we ever disagree again. And your blasé attitude to this all does nothing to convince me you won't do it again."

She stands up from her normal lying position.

"Arguments have been presented. All in favor of the proposed act, say Yay."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2021, 04:33:14 pm »

A reminder that you paly a dangerous game of words. This WILL OCCUR, by the will of The Blue. How it occurs and when are up to you. I refrained from disrupting you last turn, was that a Mistake? Shall I uplift your race in service to Me?

YOU CREATED. I WARNED YOU. This was foreseen, and saying that it would prove apocalyptical to what you created is self-serving, for only you created in spite of this knowledge.

I shall do this again. However, never shall it be with this type of act, but with that gained from mortal worship. To say I would do so again before you have even taken my measure is to discredit me and paint me in untrustworthy light. In doing so you ruin my own ability to act with others, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Your argument is that it is destructive, but what is more destructive than the destruction of all we have and shall create? It is only a matter of when the world collapses, by your own argument. I would rather what is created remain, so that total destruction does not come to pass.

You are not Judge and Executioner, to say the arguments have been presented without any longer discussion on the matter. Despite bringing up the choice of peaceful resolution, you seek to wield it as the hammer of social chains, to raise yourself above all others with your Mortals.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 04:34:49 pm by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2021, 04:53:32 pm »

"In the case that more of us agree with you than with me, I will not interfere, despite your threats. If you would do this in spite of the fact that a greater force opposes it, then you know what situation you're putting yourself in. If we're not governed by friendship then we're governed by swords, and that is simply the way of things."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2021, 04:16:29 pm »

The Overmind cares not for these arguments, This is a deal. Nothing more, Nothing less. The Overmind spends all of his acts on the Recoloring.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2021, 04:42:29 pm »

The Overmind cares not for these arguments, This is a deal. Nothing more, Nothing less. The Overmind spends all of his acts on the Recoloring.
Reduce Acts contributed  to 13 spent so as to not overspend past 30.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2021, 03:39:49 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 08:51:03 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2021, 03:57:50 pm »

The Choir Invisible creates a magical hymnal (-1A?). A minor artifact, it records all the songs mortals have ever written and is thus rather empty right now.

The Blue looms, ready to smite the one who seeks to disrupt.

Please wait your turn, Choir Invisible. I would not have further acts destabilizing things further than they already are going to be.

They calm for a moment

I would rather not have anything else disrupt this, though I would advise you would likely need a major artifact to record everything mortals sing.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2021, 04:02:57 pm »

The Choir Invisible creates a magical hymnal (-1A?). A minor artifact, it records all the songs mortals have ever written and is thus rather empty right now.

Please wait your turn, Choir Invisible. I would not have further acts destabilizing things further than they already are going to be.

They calm for a moment

I would rather not have anything else disrupt this, though I would advise you would likely need a major artifact to record everything mortals sing.

I agree, However, Perhaps be less threatening next time?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2021, 04:04:24 pm »

They calm for a moment

I agree, However, Perhaps be less threatening next time?
Perhaps, but I just wanted the others to know that I do not wish to overstrain the world any further than this. There is time for such actions. Perhaps in the next cycle we can all look into minor artifacts for the mortals below.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2021, 04:14:10 pm »

They calm for a moment

"The Choir Invisible does not recognize any higher authority, least of all that of a jumped-up chromatic theorist."

In lieu of a harmless little hymnal, the Choir Invisible creates a voice-amplifying horned helmet, a major artifact (-6A). It's unlikely the Choir will survive any attack, but at least the First Soprano will get to sing loudly before it's all over.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2021, 04:31:18 pm »

You asked for this Choir Invisible. So be it, you have proven yourself a detraction from harmony. I am also one, but your actions will damage the universe further still, pushing it potentially much closer to destruction than it would have otherwise.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2021, 05:25:50 pm »

"Wonderful. And how many of you are opposed to the upcoming act?"

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2021, 06:32:35 pm »

Perhaps we can do this slightly at a time? Like, 10 acts per cycle to the recoloring, So it still happens but is less damaging towards the universe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6