Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Election: A Bright Future(Town Victory)  (Read 15458 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Election Day!
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2021, 06:14:16 pm »

Explain which part of the Town role PM would let them have access to the coins aspect of the Scum role? It doesn't matter if I'm lying.
If it's literally just flavor, then it could be mentioned at any point in the town role PM. I don't think your argument proves anything, wuba.

But, this should prove that FoU is Town by virtue of not hammering.
... but wuba, there's no hammers in this game.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2021, 06:22:59 pm »

So, let's make this one easy for you Fallacy...

Which part of this play looks like how I usually play scum?

notquitethere claims that this is classic scum webadict. They have brought forth no evidence from Super10 because this is literally the opposite of my demeanor.
Caz said that I'm usually more aggressive. Caz has done literally nothing to try to prove themselves.

Explain which part of the Town role PM would let them have access to the coins aspect of the Scum role? It doesn't matter if I'm lying.
If it's literally just flavor, then it could be mentioned at any point in the town role PM. I don't think your argument proves anything, wuba.
... Yes? That's my point exactly.

A: If Caz was Town and it was mentioned in their role PM: Caz wouldn't have argued the coins don't exist.
B: If Caz was Town and it wasn't mentioned in their role PM: Caz wouldn't have argued that the coins don't exist.
C: If Caz was Scum and it was mentioned in their role PM: Caz wouldn't have argued the coins don't exist.
D: If Caz was Scum and it wasn't mentioned in their role PM: Caz would argue the coins don't exist.

A doesn't matter at this point.
B would have argued that I'm lying about having a coin with Caz's fingerprints on it. This Caz has no idea what Ellif is like, BECAUSE I HAVE THE TOWN PM AND IT LITERALLY ONLY SAYS THAT ELLIF IS BACKING THE OTHER CANDIDATE. If Caz had brought that up, I'd question the authenticity of such a coin, NOT whether those coins are a real thing or not.
C would have literally implicated NQT as the ally. This would have been a perfect outcome for me as well because Caz would be fighting against someone who revealed information that they didn't.
D would have known for a fact that Ellif doesn't have coins and that no coin with Caz's fingerprints exist.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2021, 06:24:05 pm »

Running a 5p game without hammers is bizarre.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2021, 06:26:06 pm »

If you're not a traitor, you should be arguing that no coin with your fingerprints exists.
You argued that no coinS exist.

Because you obviously made it up just because NQT made a comment about coin flipping. I dunno how much flavour you got in your PM but mine had nowhere near that level of detail. Yeah maybe I'm not as good at making up stories as you are, but that doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2021, 06:27:41 pm »

So, let's make this one easy for you Fallacy...
A: If Caz was Town and it was mentioned in their role PM: Caz wouldn't have argued the coins don't exist.
B: If Caz was Town and it wasn't mentioned in their role PM: Caz wouldn't have argued that the coins don't exist.
C: If Caz was Scum and it was mentioned in their role PM: Caz wouldn't have argued the coins don't exist.
D: If Caz was Scum and it wasn't mentioned in their role PM: Caz would argue the coins don't exist.

A doesn't matter at this point.
B would have argued that I'm lying about having a coin with Caz's fingerprints on it. This Caz has no idea what Ellif is like, BECAUSE I HAVE THE TOWN PM AND IT LITERALLY ONLY SAYS THAT ELLIF IS BACKING THE OTHER CANDIDATE. If Caz had brought that up, I'd question the authenticity of such a coin, NOT whether those coins are a real thing or not.
C would have literally implicated NQT as the ally. This would have been a perfect outcome for me as well because Caz would be fighting against someone who revealed information that they didn't.
D would have known for a fact that Ellif doesn't have coins and that no coin with Caz's fingerprints exist.

This is NQT level. The coins don't exist because you are lying about having secret information because you AREN'T THAT ROLE.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2021, 06:29:04 pm »

If you're not a traitor, you should be arguing that no coin with your fingerprints exists.
You argued that no coinS exist.

Because you obviously made it up just because NQT made a comment about coin flipping. I dunno how much flavour you got in your PM but mine had nowhere near that level of detail. Yeah maybe I'm not as good at making up stories as you are, but that doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth.
Right. You have the scum role PM, so that's why you knew no coins existed. That's exactly what I'm saying.

I have no idea what your role PM says. The Town one doesn't give me a hint as to how long or detailed your role PM is. Because your role PM is scum.

This is NQT level. The coins don't exist because you are lying about having secret information because you AREN'T THAT ROLE.
Right. I'm not the traitor. Thank you for admitting that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2021, 06:31:16 pm »

Caz refuses to take risks because they don't want to potentially look scummy.

Literally the epitome of trying to lurk their way to victory.

"Let's hear what everyone eelse thinks because I can't come up with evidence on my own."

Find where my behavior matches my scumtells. I'll wait.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2021, 06:32:20 pm »

But, this should prove that FoU is Town by virtue of not hammering. That's good! That means that NQT was in fact the traitor the whole time.

Neat!
Sadly, that presumes Hammers exist. The game lasts 72 hours, though you could shorten it if all three voters agree on a single candidate.

A 5 player game with 3 voters. This is a democracy and a debate, the election's not over till the last vote is counted. (And yes, it is a weird thing. This is more FUN though. I like hosting/coming up with these types of weird wacky games.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2021, 06:34:00 pm »

Right. You have the scum role PM, so that's why you knew no coins existed. That's exactly what I'm saying.
If Caz had the town role PM, they'd also argue that no coins exist, simply because you, who they know is scum, is saying that they do exist.

If there was a hammer it'd be mentioned in the opening post or game start post.

"Let's hear what everyone eelse thinks because I can't come up with evidence on my own."
This is, technically speaking, an entirely valid strategy for town in this game mode. Also, your second sentence is just untrue - they are actively participating.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2021, 06:35:07 pm »

Web, I'm not saying you're classic scum Web, though I guess I am saying you might have thought I'd want to make an argument based on classic scum Web. I believe in your creative power to approach different games differently.

Blu, what is your view on the current Web/Caz coin argument?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2021, 06:37:18 pm »

Find where my behavior matches my scumtells. I'll wait.

I'm not lurking. It's past midnight here and I've posted as much as you. Just bc I'm not coming up with wild theories then it means I must be scum?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2021, 06:39:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Blu is the traitor ally at this point.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2021, 06:42:35 pm »

LOL. Okay, Fallacy. You keep being you.

Caz's job is literally to prove that I'm scum. They cannot bandwagon here because they have no vote. Sitting back and letting everyone else do your job is the laziest way to win this game.

I've shown several ways they've been scummy, but they haven't shown any conclusive evidence on me. Please, quote me their posts. I can play that game:

town!Web would be far more aggressive than this, btw.
This is their only evidence so far. You want to tell me that's being involved in the game? I am just severely disappointed if you actually think that.

I'm not lurking. It's past midnight here and I've posted as much as you. Just bc I'm not coming up with wild theories then it means I must be scum?
No. You're scum because I'm town. You literally cannot NOT be scum. That's not a possibility. That isn't even a debate.

You are being scummy by saying that I'm not being aggressive after FOUR posts. You're being scummy by bringing no real evidence. You're being scummy by saying that the input of the voters would somehow change your mind on...? I can't finish that sentence because the input of everyone else doesn't matter. It's crowdsourcing your job of showing I'm scum.

I'm pretty sure that Blu is the traitor ally at this point.
Great, no quotes. Lazy scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2021, 06:44:26 pm »

So, which game was I in that I wasn't aggressive in that made that a scumtell, Caz? Or do we allow sentences that have no proof?

I can play that game:

Caz often lurks their way to victory when they're scum. They did that in BYOR 15.

Oops, wait, that's supporting evidence, gah, I'm so bad at this.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2021, 06:45:08 pm »

Just going based off what I've seen, I'm 92% Caz is the town candidate. Points to wuba for creativity, though.

Wuba is trying too hard to look town. That's the vibe I'm getting. Hyperagressive, pushing hard, very heavily actively engaged. But... too much so?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14