Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 84316 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 3: The Werehouse District
« Reply #1050 on: March 28, 2021, 08:20:10 pm »

When I die(since I have the thing), Toony dies. If NQT dies, then Toony dies at the end of the next phase.

Toony is already dead dude.
Obviously. Hence it being safe to reveal today. It might have been something else attached to NQT's role that placed it, or just a general effect of being forcibly made a lover. Why state the obvious though? Make your case Caz.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 28, 2021, 08:23:48 pm »

Alright. If you took Toony's auto about the lover thing d1, why didn't you mention it until now? Since it would be obvious that you dying would lead to a chain reaction of death for town. Is that not useful information? Shit I offered up my whole role and that wasn't even needed, but you're hiding THAT from town?

And if you say 'oh but I needed to hide it bc someone might've killed me' then it's crap, since there were many other targets leading to that issue as well.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 28, 2021, 08:29:42 pm »

Toony was dead at day start, and I wanted to keep my theft ability hidden for as long as possible. Blue noticed me, so of course I told them what I did. As well as Jim wanting claims. I know you had a 1-shot to burn someone of power, but what other abilities do you have besides that? This is a power role-heavy game. I know you have at least 1 auto, everyone else does.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 28, 2021, 08:30:54 pm »

Also, I don't remember you offering it up to everyone, why don't you tell us what Toony saw?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 28, 2021, 08:35:22 pm »

Why? You going to steal my auto too?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 28, 2021, 08:38:17 pm »

Pretty sure Toony can speak for himself at this point.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 28, 2021, 08:41:50 pm »

I think this Caz/TricMagic fight is dumb and that your time would be better served analyzing FallacyofUrist's and notquitethere's interactions, and then fighting each other if the analysis prompts it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 28, 2021, 08:43:23 pm »

Only those dead before the night lynch can speak - I assume it's because my ability activated before what killed him.

I'll speak for him, from deadspeak, in non-quoted terms (as I think Web would skin me for that..)

He lied about losing his lover's ability to confuse Mafia. He still had it, and died because of it.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 28, 2021, 08:46:31 pm »

I'm wondering why Reverie is suddenly off the hook.

I'm possibly responsible for the lack of nightkill; I popped my super last night.  I made all actions fail on myself and my target.  Because I was never sure/somewhat forgetful of his lover status, I targeted Toony.

My brain's not functioning right and I need to do some reading and thinking, but I want to get that out at least.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 28, 2021, 08:50:35 pm »

Yeah, but does he have to? Your unwillingness is noted.

Blue, I would like to know what Caz can do, cause it's him or Rev who did the kill. You guys can lynch me tomorrow if you want.

Secret could do it, but NQT would have to be lying about roleblocks and dorf would need a long-con to dissociate, and that isn't viable long-term.

Hi Toaster. That is interesting. Anyone who night actions last night.. Which means Rev is very suspicious for a ability that simply wouldn't work on Fal. Stull want to know what Caz did last night.

Unvote for now. I'm going to bed, and we can sort some things out later.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 28, 2021, 09:00:25 pm »

Mamobo doesn't have a crush on a Florae >:O!!!

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Reverie - 2 - notquitethere*, Toaster*,
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 1 - Vector*,
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 3 - Reverie*, Caz*, BluarianKnight*,
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - Secretdorf, Jim Groovester, TricMagic*, FallacyofUrist, 4maskwolf, ToonyMan,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on April 01, 2021 at 19:00 CDT (~93 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 28, 2021, 09:01:12 pm »

Mamobo wishes Mamobo could play!

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Reverie - 2 - notquitethere*, Toaster*,
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 1 - Vector*,
TricMagic - 3 - Reverie*, Caz*, BluarianKnight*,
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - Secretdorf, Jim Groovester, TricMagic*, 4maskwolf,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on April 01, 2021 at 19:00 CDT (~93 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 29, 2021, 02:18:08 am »

Alright so I'm going to do some analysis but more through the lens of who wouldn't make sense to be on a team with notquitethere and FallacyofUrist. This is ranked from least likely to be teammates with notquitethere and FallacyofUrist to most likely.

Very unlikely
Vector - would have had to bus notquitethere completely unprompted on Day 2 with the guilty inspect
Jim Groovester - would have had to have spent Day 1 trying to bus FallacyofUrist for some dumb Luckyowl interaction (that I was also incidentally incorrect about like seriously why didn't anybody notice or say anything wtf); also got called cult leader by FallacyofUrist literally twenty minutes before he died; Secretdorf has a town inspect on me from Day 2
Caz - FallacyofUrist tried to push him as a viable alternative to notquitethere on Day 2; also did the Day 2 day action stuff with ToonyMan to steal notquitethere's role
TricMagic - lied about tracking Vector to notquitethere to support Vector's claim on notquitethere

Unlikely
Secretdorf - gave a bunch of wands to now dead town ToonyMan; notquitethere made a mild effort to try to steer the lynch to him on Day 1; blocked notquitethere on Night 1

Somewhat unlikely
Reverie - poked at both notquitethere and FallacyofUrist at different points in time on Day 1; has made fair points on both notquitethere and FallacyofUrist throughout the game; immediately hopped on notquitethere after Vector's claim on Day 2 and never dropped their vote
Toaster - sparred a little with notquitethere on Day 1; also immediately hopped on notquitethere after Vector's claim on Day 2 and never dropped his vote

Barely unlikely
BluarianKnight - barely interacted with notquitethere or FallacyofUrist at all (not necessarily meaningful; he's barely interacted with anybody); tossed a vote notquitethere later in Day 2 (also not necessarily indicative since his vote is in the afternoon of when Day 2 started since Vector is a night owl and made her claim post midnight); has expressed suspicion of notquitethere and FallacyofUrist but has never been at the forefront of attacks on those players

Based on this analysis the person we should be voting is BluearianKnight. If we worked our way from the bottom of this list upward and supplemented with night game results I think we'll eventually find the last scum team member. I don't strongly read any living player as scum but BluearianKnight has the weakest game analytically and also fewer pointed interactions with the dead scum team members.

TricMagic's lying on Day 2 is weird but it looks like it was done to sabotage a notquitethere/FallacyofUrist/? team rather than in aid of a notquitethere/FallacyofUrist/TricMagic team. But seriously, TricMagic, don't do this again. Propping up claims with fakeclaims when you are town is not something you want to do. If Vector had been lying scum and notquitethere town then we would have had to have lynched you after we lynched Vector (possibly after lynching notquitethere) which is a great way for town to waste resources and lose games.

Reverie and Toaster would be at the same level as BluearianKnight if it weren't for their sparring with notquitethere and FallacyofUrist during the days and their immovable votes on him during Day 2.

But right now I am going to go lift weights which I haven't done in several weeks so wish me luck friendos
good luck getting gains

Thanks, it's been a couple years but I think I might eventually break 95 lbs. on my squat.

IT SURE IS A MYSTERY. TOO BAD YOU DOLTS WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER TO FIND OUT. I NEVER FLIPPED FULLY DID I? AHAHAHAHA

Hmm.

Caz, when you zapped away notquitethere's role did you get his flip? Did anybody get notquitethere's flip? I think FallacyofUrist is our N1 and N2 killer and notquitethere is (obviously) responsible for enabling this despite him being blocked on N1.

Anyhow, I'm not sure I see Reverie as the 3rd mafia. I'm certain NQT and FoU are - I think we'd be seeing different plays if Reverie was ousted so readily. No defense, no attempted misdirects..

I feel like we're barking up the wrong side of a tree.

This is near the end of Day 2. Why did you think Reverie wasn't the third member of the notquitethere/FallcyofUrist scumteam?

Something to point out, Caz, is that FoU had an ability to prevent his spells from affecting allies. In short.. Jailing scum is a perfect cover.
Or the plan all along, TricMagic.

Why did you move your vote off Caz?

Reverie, what ever happened with the gift basket notquitethere claimed to send you?

4maskwolf, is what notquitethere said about ToonyMan shooting FallacyofUrist from dead chat accurate?

Might try to do an analysis of roles to see how the day/night action game fits together and see what shakes out from that, but I think that would be less revealing than this analysis.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 29, 2021, 02:59:08 am »

Ok i will be very busy these days but i'll try to keep up. I roleblocked reverie last night but apparently they didnt use any power. I think we should lynch FallacyofUrist today and not fight a civil war.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 29, 2021, 05:09:49 am »

Ok i will be very busy these days but i'll try to keep up. I roleblocked reverie last night but apparently they didnt use any power. I think we should lynch FallacyofUrist today and not fight a civil war.

At least skim the thread before tossing votes around.

I've already confirmed your action, and I'm not totally surprised you didn't see what I did if stuff that targets me is put off a phase. By flavour, I would have already acted before you blocked me. In concrete terms, you're blocking me now. Which begs the question: did you receive a wand this morning? If my hunch is correct, you didn't and the night action can still resolve if I tried to use a day power. I only have the 1 shot I previously claimed.

Also, someone did throw a wand at me last night.  If it wasn't Secret, then who?

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 97