Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82682 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Property Values Plummet
« Reply #900 on: March 25, 2021, 11:50:54 pm »

Lets finish this then. notquitethere

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 25, 2021, 11:53:42 pm »

NQT used Matchmake today too keep this in mind.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 25, 2021, 11:55:22 pm »

Toony are you sure those mushrooms didn't give you town!NQT's analytical powers?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 25, 2021, 11:59:15 pm »

Toony are you sure those mushrooms didn't give you town!NQT's analytical powers?
I told 4mask to give NQT a chance if I was killed last night.

They chose poorly.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 26, 2021, 12:01:48 am »

Some pretty good work Toony - good job.

BluarianKnight:
I've been busy, but I got what I think either third party or scumread on Jim - he did something to Toony last night.

I feel like this post got missed in the excitement.  Jim did claim targeting Toony; do you have any reason to suspect the action was malicious other than demonic flavor?

So I collated all the reactions to Vector's claim on NQT:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BluarianKnight is the outlier here; the post quoted above is BK's first post of the day.  Why was the claim ignored?  My guess was to post the result as something to contribute while watching the fallout of Vector's claim.  This is suspicious.

First question - by the point I said that, Jim hadn't confirmed that, so I wanted to get the information out there.
Second - by the time I got back to contribute fully, the conversation had proved NQT. I stated he was scum in my books, and I still think he is.

I've backed off on Jim being confirmed - as stated below, I think we can't trust flavortext.
Blu, was there anything else in the flavour about jim's alignment?

My ability doesn't state alignment directly, but seems to give me general information on his role - what type of wizard he is. I don't think he's scum because of his role name.

Anyhow, I'm not sure I see Reverie as the 3rd mafia. I'm certain NQT and FoU are - I think we'd be seeing different plays if Reverie was ousted so readily. No defense, no attempted misdirects..

I feel like we're barking up the wrong side of a tree.

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 26, 2021, 12:03:30 am »

Nothing more needs to be said. notquitethere. Let's hope we're right.

(Hammertime)

one town dies in mansion
I have no fancy kill abilities argh

Tonight, I have two action choices. Either permanently upgrade all my abilities via a transformation, with no target. Or target a player, and make everyone targeting me target them instead. I will use one of these two abilities. If I do not, either I was roleblocked, or I'm a filthy liar, lynch me now. It should be simple enough to verify which I chose to use.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 26, 2021, 07:18:10 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 1 - Fakerag,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
notquitethere - 7 - Reverie*, Caz*, Vector*, BluarianKnight*, Toaster*, Secretdorf, FallacyofUrist,
Reverie - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 1 - notquitethere*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - ToonyMan, Jim Groovester, TricMagic*,

7 to Hammer.

After some debate, several of you decide to call things early. It’s clear that notquitethere has become the focal point for ousting today, and they decide to call the day early.

“Ah, I see my efforts here are for naught. I shall take my leave, but know that your worries are merely starting. Unfortunately, as of now, I’m without my magic, or I’d be putting up a much better fight. I was chosen for the opposition this day, it’s true.” notquitethere bows to the group and begins walking off into the forest.

From above you, you hear the voice of the Headmistress boom, and a fanfare of applause echoes behind it. “Congratulations. You’ve found one of your opposition. Or, I suppose that would be picking slides, wouldn’t it? Either way, there’s still more out there against you, students. I’ve been watching, and several of you live up to your reputations. Well done.”

Fakerag turns towards you and gives a deep bow with an extravagant wave of the hand. After that, he walks away into the trees after notquitethere.

For the time you have left before nightfall, you decide that truce time should remain in effect. Several of you begin to make a nice meal, inviting the rest to converse until night begins. You realize that, even though you all seem to be fond of each other, there is a game to be won.

You all slink off into the Night, and prepare to stay alive.

notquitethere has been eliminated.

notquitethere was a Powerless Mage (mafia).

It is now Night. Night ends March 27, 2021 at 12:00 CST or when all actions have been sent in.

Powerless Mage
Alignment: Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and there are no ways to stop you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 08:35:20 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Night 2: Power Begets Power
« Reply #907 on: March 27, 2021, 09:57:48 pm »

Sorry guys. I'm a little busy with some things, but I'm currently working on Day 3 now.

EDIT: Tired, so can't finish tonight. Update nearly done, though. I'll update it in about 12 hours because I need sleep.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:08:25 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Night 2: Power Begets Power
« Reply #908 on: March 28, 2021, 01:22:09 pm »

As you head towards the meeting grounds, you are saddened and somewhat relieved. It seems that ToonyMan has disappeared during the Night, leaving the game, heartbroken. On the other hand, it appears that 4maskwolf and notquitethere have returned, though a shade paler than they seemed to have been the last time you saw them.

The two of them begin to speak in unison.

“We have been summoned for the Day of the Dead. We’ll participate honorably and vote or answer as needed. Fear not, for we shall leave when all is said and done.” The two of them take a seat nearby and begin to listen.

You all look a bit concerned on this turn of events, but you start the discussion on finding the opposition.

ToonyMan has died.

ToonyMan was a Sporecerer (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Reverie - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 11 - notquitethere, Reverie, Caz, Vector, Secretdorf, Jim Groovester, TricMagic, BluarianKnight, FallacyofUrist, Toaster, 4maskwolf,

Today is the Day of the Dead. 4maskwolf and notquitethere may vote and talk, but may not perform actions, be voted, or be actioned. They will disappear at the end of the Day.

It is now Day. Day ends April 1, 2021 at 19:00 CDT.

Role: Sporecerer
Alignment:Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.

(Auto) Lover
You are enamored with notquitethere. If they die… Then you’ll follow them one Phase later.
Tags: {Enchantment} {Auto}

(Auto) [REDACTED]
At the beginning of the game, you start as a Mason to [REDACTED].
Tags: {Divination} {Auto}

{P10} (Day/Night) Fungal Network [dead target]
You feed your fungi on the corpse of the target, creating a new spell based on their magical domain.
Tags: {Transmutation}

{P10} (1-Shot) Mushroom Colony [target]
You cover the target in mushrooms. Each Phase, you may choose one or none of the following:
Redirecting them to a target; Removing a random ability from them; Learning what action they used; Learning who they targeted; OR Removing their vote for a Phase. They stay this way until all options are chosen. This regains a Shot when the target dies.
Tags: {Transmutation}

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 3: Day of the Dead
« Reply #909 on: March 28, 2021, 01:25:35 pm »

FallacyofUrist, what necromancy is this? Also hello NQT, 4mask. Nice to see one of you, if not the other.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 28, 2021, 01:26:12 pm »

FallacyOfUrist. You repeatedly ignored my attacks on you yesterday and protected NotQuiteThere. Today, you die.

ninja'ed
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 28, 2021, 01:28:56 pm »

Secretdorf: Did you toss a wand at me?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 28, 2021, 01:30:35 pm »

FallacyOfUrist

Word of warning, there may be conversion mechanics in the game, as Toony and I were explicitly told we were not conversion immune.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly who's responsible for this but I'll let them out themself if they choose. I will say that there's a medium this game.

Let's see... Oh yes, Fakerag's vote on Caz was an accident that didn't mean anything, I set Fakerag's vote there at SoD and frankly just kinda abandoned the thread till after day end because lolCrohns.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 28, 2021, 01:31:24 pm »

Word of warning, there may be conversion mechanics in the game, as Toony and I were explicitly told we were not conversion immune.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly who's responsible for this but I'll let them out themself if they choose. I will say that there's a medium this game.

Let's see... Oh yes, Fakerag's vote on Caz was an accident that didn't mean anything, I set Fakerag's vote there at SoD and frankly just kinda abandoned the thread till after day end because lolCrohns.

Thank you for these details.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 28, 2021, 01:57:20 pm »

Toony would like to share that he tried to use Fungal Network on Lucky, but it didn't work. And also point out that Lucky isn't here with the rest of us on revival.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97