Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82763 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2021, 08:38:15 am »

If he was a jester leaving him around makes no sense from a town perspective. From a mafia perspective they serve to draw attention. And as a falseclaim, making it hour one is at least interesting, but not something town would ever do. So third party is likely. Or Mafia team is made up of wackos this go around, but this is FAR less likely to be true for 4mask, he isn't usually that type of player.
You're like ten layers of wrong here.

But that's okay.
I mean, you said that last game too. Are you the type to YOLO? Then join the club, we have mangos.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2021, 08:47:56 am »

Reaction testing is probably one of the more effective ways to profile people, all things considered. Dangerous, but effective.

Reverie, which players do you remember well from when you last played?

I fondly remember pretty much everyone who's loitered this board when I was new. I'm especially happy to see that Vector and Jim are back :)

BluarianKnight: which would you prefer between a miller-flavoured role or an SK? Why?

Jim Groovester: How would you prefer to handle a D1 without RVS?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2021, 09:10:04 am »

I love what web has come up with for my role!

I also love my role.

Jim Groovester, is D1 scumhunting just smoke and mirrors?

No, it's important. CYOM4 had the scum team get routed from just Day 1 scumhunting.

Does Day 1 scumhunting matter when you're going to form a bandwagon on somebody in the last fifteen minutes of Day 1 anyway?

Jim Groovester doing the crotchety old man routine makes me think he's wolfing again.

"routine"

4mask, I figured, but you know, after recent shenanigans it's good to double check! But in seriousness I take it you don't have a wild claim but actually don't think this means anything, as you'd be suicidal to genuinely claim 3rd party so soon after that last ploy. I think you might have something on Jim, let's see now.

Because only scum Jim would perform the trifecta of disliking something, publicly expressing it, and then being around early enough in the day for his public expression of it to matter

Your response to 4maskwolf unnerves me. Feels unnecessarily fluffy.

RVS sucks and RVS voters are dillweeds.
Day1 sucks.

Who is going to use a really good ability tonight?

Anyone who has one.

Jim Groovester: How would you prefer to handle a D1 without RVS?

I can dislike something without having a viable alternative in mind.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2021, 09:12:24 am »

4mask, I figured, but you know, after recent shenanigans it's good to double check! But in seriousness I take it you don't have a wild claim but actually don't think this means anything, as you'd be suicidal to genuinely claim 3rd party so soon after that last ploy. I think you might have something on Jim, let's see now.
Your response to 4maskwolf unnerves me. Feels unnecessarily fluffy.
Mindmeld.

For postgame cred, there's exactly one wolf in Jim/NQT.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2021, 09:23:45 am »

It's a policy of mine to keep an eye on anyone who asks everyone in the game an RVS question in a concerted effort to look engaged. There's always at least one. So yes, apart from Jim's fluff point I have my own hunch against NQT.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2021, 09:46:23 am »

Pfp.
Jim/4mask
Unpack "fluffy", I don't get exactly what the accusation is. Do you mean, fluffy as in without substance, or fluffy as in soft? Am I cotton candy or cotton wool?

Reverie,  what's the difference between players seeming engaged and being engaged? Do you need me to point to the many games in which I have been town and addressed all players in my opening post, or can I leave that as an exercise for the viewers at home?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2021, 09:53:04 am »

Pfp.
Jim/4mask
Unpack "fluffy", I don't get exactly what the accusation is. Do you mean, fluffy as in without substance, or fluffy as in soft? Am I cotton candy or cotton wool?

Reverie,  what's the difference between players seeming engaged and being engaged? Do you need me to point to the many games in which I have been town and addressed all players in my opening post, or can I leave that as an exercise for the viewers at home?
You did seem fluffy, but what's ultimately bugging me is the way you're playing around my slot. I don't think I've ever seen you try and pocket me as a townie: you treat me with respect, yes, but your post gave off a strong sensation of "trying too hard to be friendly", like you wanted to convince me to side with you.

Also, I know for a fact that you have very different scumtells for Jim than I do due to the fact that I cleared Jim last game based on this same tell while you insisted he was guilty, so I don't buy for a second you hopping onto my personal tell case on Jim.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2021, 10:13:52 am »

4mask, In recent games, Jim was grumpy as scum and he was cautious as third party. It's too early to say which is which but I'm happy to lay down a vote until we see something that definitely isn't "Jim complains about walls of texts and doesnt engage and then turns out to be scum".

--

Reverie, I took a moment to check and you may find these town games illuminating:

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2021, 10:17:16 am »

Snark or no, shotgun-RVSing the entire lobby comes across as an easy return of investment in the art of looking busy. It's fluff in its own way. Whether or not you do it as town doesn't change the fact that it does get my attention (as someone who talks too much when nervous), and Jim's point resonates with it. But point taken. Unvote.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2021, 10:24:16 am »

There's a specific way it becomes scum-indicative, it's when there's 0 follow up, no attempt at rapport. Just all noise and questions with no interest in answers.

So picking back up the thread, do you remember anything about Vector or Jim's playstyle? 4mask and I are thinking about a recent series of games where Jim wasn't town, but maybe you have a different perspective?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2021, 11:31:31 am »

Almost forgot we were doing this, woops.

BluarianKnight: which would you prefer between a miller-flavoured role or an SK? Why?
To play as, or play against?
As? I'd probably prefer Miller flavored - I'd rather fight against a cop claim then try to 1v13 again (as my last game ended up with me attempting).
Against - SK, 100%. Millers are difficult to figure out, and can end up wasting a lynch. a SK might hit a townie, but just as well can hit mafia - it's a balancing act that means even Mafia will prefer to kill the SK, at least in my opinion.

BluarianKnight, who do you have the hardest time reading?
4mask, definitely. I can usually somewhat get a feel of scum or town off most people, but 4mask has always just read.. 4mask to me. I cant distinguish his scum and town play easily, if at all, without heavy digging.

I'd second Vector - still don't know how to read them too well either.

4mask - Why the immediate Jester claim?
Lucky - What are you going to change in your playstyle from Supernatural 10?
Reverie - Who scares you most if they were scum?
NQT - Who'd you prefer least to be 3rd party?
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2021, 11:32:09 am »

Almost forgot we were doing this, woops.

To play as, or play against?
As? I'd probably prefer Miller flavored - I'd rather fight against a cop claim then try to 1v13 again (as my last game ended up with me attempting).
Against - SK, 100%. Millers are difficult to figure out, and can end up wasting a lynch. a SK might hit a townie, but just as well can hit mafia - it's a balancing act that means even Mafia will prefer to kill the SK, at least in my opinion.

BluarianKnight, who do you have the hardest time reading?

4mask, definitely. I can usually somewhat get a feel of scum or town off most people, but 4mask has always just read.. 4mask to me. I cant distinguish his scum and town play easily, if at all, without heavy digging.

I'd second Vector - still don't know how to read them too well either.

Lucky - What are you going to change in your playstyle from Supernatural 10?
Reverie - Who scares you most if they were scum?
NQT - Who'd you prefer least to be 3rd party?

Fixed.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2021, 01:22:32 pm »

FallacyofUrist, how did you pick which players to ask questions of?
Just randomly, really. I wasn't thinking much at the time - wooo lack of sleep wooooo.
Tric having no sense of humor is NAI.
NAI? Whatsthat?

Who is going to use a really good ability tonight?
Yes.

Bluknight: Top three favorite scumtells, go.

Reverie: Top three favorite towntells, go.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2021, 01:32:45 pm »

@4mask:
Hrrrmmm I don't know if I can believe you.

@NQT:
I've got my eye on you. *stares deeply*

@Jim:
I also don't want to see vote changes in the last 15 minutes, this should be alleviated somewhat by having hammers.

@FoU:
Nai would mean something like "no" or "null". I think he's being a weeb.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2021, 01:35:11 pm »

Because Toony asked if anyone had third party claims to make and I wanted to mess with him. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

Tric having no sense of humor is NAI.
NAI? Whatsthat?
Not Alignment Indicative
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 97