Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modders:Which of your own mods is your favorite?  (Read 1526 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Modders:Which of your own mods is your favorite?
« on: February 27, 2021, 04:28:55 pm »

Seeing Squamous' post about his own abandoned mods got me thinking. Many of us here have made several mods, and there's no "review" process. Generally I think that's a good thing, but I'm curious about the best mods available in the modder's own opinion.

Specifically referring to your own work, which of your mods do you like best?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Modders:Which of your own mods is your favorite?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 04:57:02 am »

Although my most popular total conversion mod is Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom and my most popular modular mod is Mostly Mythical Monsters, my actual favorite to play is Fortal Kombat.  It's simple and straightforward, has no significant bugs (apart from those already present in vanilla), its races, being mainly modified humanoids, slide pretty much seamlessly into Dwarf Fortress's systems, collecting magic secrets is fun, and thanks to the aggressiveness of its civs it tends to promote lots of exciting conflicts for adventurers to get mixed up in.

For what it's worth, my favorite thing to do is mix mods.  Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom + Fortal Kombat is especially fun just from the premise alone.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:24:49 pm »

Honestly, I really enjoy using my custom adventure mode reactions. An adventure mode game where i cant make difficult-to-find items is a hellish slog. I also really like my cheat reactions mod. Allows me to build and test quickly and easily
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 02:35:31 am »

Although my most popular total conversion mod is Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom and my most popular modular mod is Mostly Mythical Monsters, my actual favorite to play is Fortal Kombat.  It's simple and straightforward, has no significant bugs (apart from those already present in vanilla), its races, being mainly modified humanoids, slide pretty much seamlessly into Dwarf Fortress's systems, collecting magic secrets is fun, and thanks to the aggressiveness of its civs it tends to promote lots of exciting conflicts for adventurers to get mixed up in.

For what it's worth, my favorite thing to do is mix mods.  Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom + Fortal Kombat is especially fun just from the premise alone.

Yeah, I've not played any mod of mine more than Sparking for this reason. There's something about funny new systems that get a lot of enjoyment out of me.