Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: C.A.L.M (Heroes VS Villains, Villains, Turn 9, Project phase.)  (Read 13770 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal of Villain's
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2021, 11:39:35 pm »

And we steal landmarks.

Quote from: votebad
(1) Gumiho: ZBridges
(4) Vinod: MoP, voidslayer, Doomblade, A_Curious_Cat
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2021, 03:51:49 am »

The Outside World and Previous Actions
As those with strange, unnatural, and mostly unexplainable powers come to be more than just a handful of people, the governments of the world start to take a greater interest in these strange people with equally strange powers. Of course, in some nations and places, they are more common than others. In Nemorland, the New Clear Visionaries, a super/metahuman group recently set up in Forwit, has taken stage as a political party, and one that advocates a coexistance policy and government backed research into the possibility of granting powers to people. Their name is naturally a play on the word Nuclear, as most in Nemorland in Forwit with powers ended up breaking into the facilities there, much to the annoyance of medical professionals and the local government. In Pren Gwyn, a new ordinance was passed giving a grant to the mining and refining sector in the hopes of kickstarting the economy of the more industrial cities, and another ordinance requiring that all military personnel are to be checked for powers. Meanwhile, in Schwarzes Holz, a similar move has been done in regards to supers, requiring a census of all with powers to be taken by the end of the year, and also of interest is the opening of a grand new museum in Kalterhafen, scheduled to open in about a year's time. With the nations of Shirohon and Sothweg however, things are much more quiet...Though, in the case of the former that is to be expected, as information tends to rarely come out...

Contacting Vinod is fairly easy, the issue is mainly ensuring him that we aren't planning on... 'removing' him, and instead want a permanent deal. It takes time, as all things do, and unfortunately in the process we have to let him in on the fact of who's the one giving him the money, seeing as we aren't one of his more...traditional customers, and arguably could be seen as a rival. Still, given how important and skilled of a figure he is, it's only natural, and provided he only know's who his employer is, doesn't ask too many questions, and most importantly doesn't get arrested, it will likely not cause too many issues, and even in the scenario he does get caught, unless something has royally gone wrong, his word will likely not be very believable... Regardless, with a few million transferred to ensure a life long contract, and a much more modest payment plan with all the benefits a prospective employee could want, Vinod has officially become a chauffeur and personal mechanic. Unofficially, he is what he always was. A get away driver and our perfect transport of stolen and elicit goods.

It is currently the Project and Research phase.

You may at this moment in time describe and start one project which you would like to work on. The full effects of a project will be known upon completion, and the price and time of a project will be known once it is started. Do note that once you start a project, you do not need to work on it in the deployment phase, though electing not to will not advance it closer to completion.

Also feel free to rename the faction name to something else if you'd like.

Status of the Cabal:
Spoiler: Status of the Cabal (click to show/hide)

Villain list:
Spoiler: Feng Zhelan (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 33

Spoiler: Vinod Ashtekar (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 0

Current Projects:
Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:41:54 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2021, 06:11:00 am »

Peace of the Cabal

Pentrefsiapaneaidd is a city riven by inter-gang conflict.  Death of personnel, disruption of ongoing operations, and constant danger of attack are the unfortunate costs of doing business.  This lack of centralization leads to inefficiency and creates danger for the innocent people of the city.  No average citizen should have to worry about being caught in the middle of a gang turf war.  Such situations result in loss of life and create serious brand problems for the Cabal. 

We will end this scourge by bringing peace to Pentrefsiapaneaidd.  Through a combination of buyouts, intimidation, and equitable agreements, we will begin to unite the major local gangs under our control.  This will lead to an increase in revenue, a decrease in collective day-to-day costs, less visibility to the public, and a greater geographic area of de facto control.  Our operation will run like a well-oiled machine, working in the shadows to bring mutual benefit to us, our partners in crime, and the people of the city.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2021, 01:24:13 pm »

Madam Dragon's Lucky Dry Cleaning

Feng is no stranger to the criminal underworld, and neither are the people she associates, or plans to associate, with. In order to appear more professional, provide a place for secret meetings, and provide a legitimate business front, Feng Zhelan has purchased and renovated a dry cleaners business in Pentrefsiapaneaidd - notably one with a large basement and a small garage tucked into a back alley next to a loading dock.

The basement has a number of rooms for Feng and future associates. Feng has her office, there's a storage vault for any illicit goods or less-than-legally acquired money, an "armory" for any equipment that is attained, and finally there's a large open room that can be configured and repurposed to train for planned infiltrations should the layout of a target location be known.

The basement is only accessible through a hidden doorway in the backroom.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2021, 05:30:45 am »

I’m currently leaning towards having Feng finish up the youth program and then acquiring the dry cleaning shop next turn, but I might go with having Vinod finish up the youth program while Feng buys the shop this turn if everyone thinks that’s the better idea.

Choices.  Choices.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2021, 05:49:09 am »

Wouldn't the other gangs have fronts as well, multiple fronts we could acquire by partnering with them?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2021, 06:14:35 am »

Wouldn't the other gangs have fronts as well, multiple fronts we could acquire by partnering with them?

It probably would, but do we really want to go down that route?  Some people in the discord think that might not be a good idea...

Personally, I’m undecided...

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2021, 09:08:53 am »

Not necessarily z, and for a couple reasons. The first is that it’s something not mentioned in the PitC at all, so we’d have to hope we roll well enough to get a bonus to the roll and hope the gm decides business fronts is what we get for it. Then there’s the matter of the gm balancing difficulty. If PitC is actually intended to give us control over all these gangs assets then it’s going to be near impossible. Dry Cleaning also has a few very specific uses in mind, well beyond a basic business front with your typical backroom deals, and more in line with our initial heistbois intent.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2021, 05:13:09 pm »

That seems fair.  Does this game have the "price check" mechanic?  I think I've seen that in other games.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:21:42 pm by ZBridges »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2021, 05:24:22 pm »

That seems fair.  Does this game have the "price check" mechanic?  I think I've seen that in other games.

Why not ask on the discord?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2021, 05:27:11 pm »

That probably would be faster.  I'll join.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:35:39 pm by ZBridges »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2021, 06:38:12 pm »

Madame Dragon's Lucky Dry Cleaning (Vinod Ashtekar): (1) Doomblade
Work on Youth Program (Gumiho): (1) Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2021, 09:04:58 pm »

Madame Dragon's Lucky Dry Cleaning (Vinod Ashtekar): (2) Doomblade, A_Curious_Cat
Work on Youth Program (Gumiho): (2) Doomblade, A_Curious_Cat

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2021, 09:03:28 pm »

Am I correct in thinking that we don't have access to Gumiho, as we didn't recruit her?  If so, I've changed the votebox below:

Madame Dragon's Lucky Dry Cleaning (Vinod Ashtekar): (3) Doomblade, A_Curious_Cat, ZBridges
Work on Youth Program (Feng Zhelan): (3) Doomblade, A_Curious_Cat, ZBridges

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2021, 09:52:05 pm »

Am I correct in thinking that we don't have access to Gumiho, as we didn't recruit her?  If so, I've changed the votebox below:

Madame Dragon's Lucky Dry Cleaning (Vinod Ashtekar): (3) Doomblade, A_Curious_Cat, ZBridges
Work on Youth Program (Feng Zhelan): (3) Doomblade, A_Curious_Cat, ZBridges

You’re right!  I missed that, before...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14