Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: C.A.L.M (Heroes VS Villains, Villains, Turn 9, Project phase.)  (Read 13774 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Quote from: votebad
Emergence: (0)
The Demonumentinator: (1) A_Curious_Cat
Sneaking Suits: (4) m1895, ZBridges, A_Curious_Cat, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Emergence: (0)
The Demonumentinator: (1) A_Curious_Cat
Sneaking Suits: (5) m1895, ZBridges, A_Curious_Cat, Doomblade, MoP

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal of Villain's
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2021, 12:46:38 am »

Sneaking Suits

Initial Rolls: Time (3) Cost (5)

Sneaking suits as they are simply called in the earliest design phases, are an elaborate, fireproof, and camera disrupting suit with additional ballistic weave to secure the safety of those wearing and operating it. Additionally, it comes with shoes that dampen the sound made. Needless to say, all of this is a fair lot of work, and it's very much ambitious. But, caution wasn't what got Feng rich, nor was it what lead her to her current status. So, work has started. Realistically, due to Feng's connections and business ventures, the cost of the project isn't likely to be too much and can easily be payed by her business ventures. Really, the biggest issue is cost of something quite different. Time. All of these things are simple on their own, but doing all of them will take a fair bit of time. Especially the camera disrupting abilities of the suit. Still, if this is successful, well...Not even the royal vaults will be safe. A part of her from all of this was reminded of her younger days...A mix of nostalgia and pride considering her humble beginnings, something the scar on her left shoulder from her time stowed away and the amulet she kept with her served as memento's for. Still, if this worked, she'd be able to be the undisputed queen of selling stolen goods...If it worked...

It is currently the Deployment phase.

You may now assign a character to either work on one of you projects, recruit more heroes into the fold, move to another city, or lastly engage in the world for one action or another. In the case of the latter, it is best to devise a plan. Otherwise, they will simply do more generic actions that fit their character.

Status of the Cabal:
Spoiler: Status of the Cabal (click to show/hide)

Villain list:
Spoiler: Feng Zhelan (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 33

Spoiler: Vinod Ashtekar (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 0
Completed Projects:
Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Current Projects:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:43:37 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I think we should crank out the sneaking suits as quickly as possible, finishing them before attempting any type of theft.

Work on Pren Gwyn Youth Program: Vinod Ashtekar (1): ZBridges
Work on Sneaking Suits: Feng Zhelan (1): ZBridges

Edit: we will need Ashtekar to earn some money once he finishes his project, however, as we otherwise don't have enough for both projects.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:07:57 am by ZBridges »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I think we should crank out the sneaking suits as quickly as possible, finishing them before attempting any type of theft.

Work on Sneaking Suits: Feng Zhelan (1): ZBridges

Edit: we will need Ashtekar to earn some money once he finishes his project, however, as we otherwise don't have enough for both projects.

Wouldn’t it be better to just concentrate on getting the sneaking suits done and then finish up the youth program in the turn after that?  That way we wouldn’t run out of money and we’d have the advantage of the sneaking suits for whatever heist we do rather than having to do a heist without them.

Also, is it possible to have more than one person work on the same thing at the same time?  What are the advantages/disadvantages involved in doing so?

Work on Sneaking Suits: Feng Zhelan (2): ZBridges, A_Curious_Cat

Edit: added votebox, expanded questions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 08:39:27 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, not like Vinod's skillset really has anything to do with the suits.
Work on Pren Gwyn Youth Program: Vinod Ashtekar (2): ZBridges, m1895
Work on Sneaking Suits: Feng Zhelan (3): ZBridges, A_Curious_Cat, m1895

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay now, hear me out here.

Let's do our current projects now, yeah, cool. But I was thinking about what Vinod could do in his free time that'd actually use his skills and be potentially useful. What if we used him to recreate the fast and the furious but with superpowers. We could run a gambling racket with street racing and use it to assemble an elite team of drivers that could strike fast and hard if we wanted them to, on top of acting as a set of getaway drivers.

Also, based on the phrasing of the OP, I'm assuming we can't stack dudes on the same research deployment turn.

Work on Pren Gwyn Youth Program: Vinod Ashtekar (3): ZBridges, m1895, MoP
Work on Sneaking Suits: Feng Zhelan (4): ZBridges, A_Curious_Cat, m1895, MoP

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I support the current deployment.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal of Villain's
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2021, 01:19:40 am »

The Outside World and Previous Actions

In the Archipelago's there are three major things that come to the attention of it's inhabitance. Firstly, Pren Gwyn has started to create a youth program. Originally, it started in Pentrefsiapaneaidd, however, with it's great early success a number of other cities and towns are considering setting up their own. Though, it would likely take some time before it spreads. Due to the nature of the program and the fact it's half leisure, half practical skills, there is some hopes that it will allow more people with trades to work, and help revitalize the economy. Elsewhere, in Shirohon, a new branch of the police would be created, dedicated to striking against any sort of organized crime and capturing their leaders. While not officially called such, they are often referred to as the Shinobi section, though some find this nickname insulting. Lastly, in Nemorland, the New Clear Visionaries have seem to run into hot water with the government, and a number of prominent members arrested. Why exactly this is happening is unknown at the moment, and there are a lot of conflicting reports, but what is clear is that this action is being seen as a direct attack against meta humans, no matter how much the government tries to deny it. And, naturally, meta humans in Nemorland aren't taking kindly to this...It's expected there might be some unrest for the near future...

Project: Pren Gwyn Youth Program

Rolls Effectiveness (6+1), Cost (4), Bugs (6)

While Vinod still isn't exactly a businessman, nor particularly charismatic, he has a rugged down to earth directness that seems to help him with his deals to get the project done. This, combined with the efforts and more practical things, he's seemed to manage himself fairly well, either by luck or judgement. Still, the result is finally, the first facility has been made. And the results? Flawless. The Youth Program has had a few extensions that weren't originally planned for, though now it is much much more subtle in it's true origin. The place has a number of activities and skills that people signing up can take, and these can be anything from acrobatics and archery to carpentry and electronics. Naturally, with such a wide variety, and different classes or activities done on different days of the week, it's quite easy to disguise the place as purely for the training of new skills or recreational activities, and all for practically no cost at all for the person utilizing it. Of course, it doesn't exactly make a profit, but thanks to a few other deals, donors and media attention get attention enough that funding isn't too much of an issue.

Regardless, for the more...important part. The gathering of those who show great acrobatic feats, masterful locksmithing and electronic skills, or even just are naturals at martial arts are swiftly noticed, and are observed. Those who are poor enough, or are morally lax enough are quietly screened, and are given an offer to join our little thievery squads, along with given further training in various locations around the city. Further, the recruits are expected and encouraged to help train their fellow heistmates who aren't as skilled in certain area's, and are able to better improve their overall quality of every last member. Still, this quality comes at a price, both for their equipment and wages, and their skill isn't something that often comes by.

Heist Squads are now available.

Project: Sneaking Suits

Work cannot begin without much in the way of materials to work with. And, likewise, one needs to process these materials into proper equipment and goods to test for work to advance. Much of the early groundwork of the project is getting materials and testing a myriad of different designs and combinations of materials based on what seems like it would work. A lot fail naturally, as is part of the testing process, and in fact, the ones that don't still aren't exactly that good. Still, this is fine. Taking the knowledge from the failures, and recording what worked and what didn't is key to understanding how to make everything click together satisfyingly and properly get a working suit that will be able to give everyone quality clothing that will make their jobs oh so easier. And the best part? Those working under Feng for this project don't actually know who they are truely working for! For now though, it is time to slowly but surely wait until we get what we need from this.

It is currently the Project and Research phase.

You may at this moment in time describe and start one project which you would like to work on. The full effects of a project will be known upon completion, and the price and time of a project will be known once it is started. Do note that once you start a project, you do not need to work on it in the deployment phase, though electing not to will not advance it closer to completion.

Status of the Cabal:
Spoiler: Status of the Cabal (click to show/hide)

Villain list:
Spoiler: Feng Zhelan (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 33

Spoiler: Vinod Ashtekar (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 0
Completed Projects:

Current Projects:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:44:01 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These Shinobi sound dangerous.  I don't have any ideas for the project other than that it could perhaps be something to help defend us from meta human hunters, or alternatively something that would allow us to strike at any such hunters before they become a problem.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:02:14 am by ZBridges »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These Shinobi sound dangerous.  I don't have any ideas for the project other than that it could perhaps be something to help defend us from meta human hunters, or alternatively something that would allow us to strike at any such hunters before they become a problem.

I would like to remind everyone that we have limited funds right now.  If we spend our money on new projects right now, we run the risk of running out of money before we can finish anything (for this reason, we probably can’t even setup the street racing racket that Man of Paper suggested).

Of course, all of this leads to some questions:

1.  Do we get any income from the businesses that we own (I.e. just from them being there)?

2.  It appears that we have no problem finding donors and funding for the Youth Program.  Surely we could skim a little off the top and no one would notice, right?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, I'm starting to question the balance of project time and dedication. To be honest, the suits needing to take four turns to develop is a red flag for me. Not only could it have rolled worse for time, but this is a universe that has superpowered people in it. Essentially what these projects are boiling down to is taking something we dedicated a turn and resources to get in order to have it do nothing until an arbitrary limit is reached and, frankly, four turns in any arms race is a long time to wait to get something done - remember, we're just hitting our fourth turn now. At this pace it'd be another two months real-time before we get anything out of it. Then there's the action deficit imposed by having a hero character sit on their thumbs for that entire time.

I like the concept of this game a lot, but I feel like the mechanics need a bit of work to keep it from being bogged down by itself.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to remind everyone that we have limited funds right now.  If we spend our money on new projects right now, we run the risk of running out of money before we can finish anything (for this reason, we probably can’t even setup the street racing racket that Man of Paper suggested).

Of course, all of this leads to some questions:

1.  Do we get any income from the businesses that we own (I.e. just from them being there)?

2.  It appears that we have no problem finding donors and funding for the Youth Program.  Surely we could skim a little off the top and no one would notice, right?

I don't think it costs anything to create the project.  It just requires money to actually work on it, so there's no reason not to submit a design.  Anyway, I would recommend hiring a Heist Squad immediately in order to start bringing in income.  They won't have the sneaking suits, but they are "master thieves," so I suspect that they will still be effective without them.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Creiggwin Branch of the Pren Gwyn Youth Program

Through promises of economic stimulus and charity for the disadvantaged, the Cabal will convince the local government of Creiggwin to approve the establishment of a new branch of the Pren Gwyn Youth Program in the city.  It is expected that the inhabitants will be particularly receptive to such a program due to the city's economic slump and presumed joblessness.  Like the existing facility, this branch will identify promising individuals for recruitment into the Cabal's operations.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Metahuman Unrest Reduction Delivers Extensive Recruiting

Metahumans are at unrest. They need a shoulder to rest on, a hand up. We're here to help, and maybe of we see a promising candidate... We shall extend the Youth Center services to the Metahuman community and ensure that we are on their good side. We'll want it for later.

The Grand Race

Street racing is illegal, yes. We don't do illegal things, though. We simply provide a system of organization and support to those who race, in exchange for a cut of the profits. Vinod will be happy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 04:50:19 pm by Doomblade187 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14