Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20528 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2021, 06:27:57 pm »

FOU: I am certain about that because there is nothing in my role PM about any other hostile faction. I don't know why that is news to you. And if I had to communicate something, PMs between players are allowed.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2021, 06:31:46 pm »

Yes, we're supposed to kill Sarah Connor.

Or seduce her.  :-* Why would you leave this out?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2021, 06:57:15 pm »

FOU: I am certain about that because there is nothing in my role PM about any other hostile faction. I don't know why that is news to you. And if I had to communicate something, PMs between players are allowed.
Why are you so sure that there's a secondary team (other than Sarah's group) in the first place? It could simply be a town player with a seduce ability.

Yeah, that works too, but what's more reliable, role abilities possessed by players we aren't sure of, or our votes?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2021, 07:17:07 pm »

pfp

I'll post properly when I wake up tomorrow, there's a lot of different threads to pick up on here. Just quickly:

Fallacy, my message can be decoded by reversing the order, applying an a=z substition then maybe a rot17. I also anagrammed it in my last post with "nifty horrid tribal". Want to get back to me on the relationship with your claim?

Also here's a totally true and not at all made up role claim from me:

Spoiler: Role (click to show/hide)

In other news, I watched The Terminator film tonight. It was fun! Might watch the sequel.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2021, 07:19:16 pm »

Why are you so sure that there's a secondary team (other than Sarah's group) in the first place? It could simply be a town player with a seduce ability.

Yeah, that works too, but what's more reliable, role abilities possessed by players we aren't sure of, or our votes?

One of our wincons as town is seduction. So yes, I put stock in it. The fact that you don't makes it seem you never got the memo on our win condition FallacyofUrist.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2021, 07:51:47 pm »

You're just blind, Tric.

You know, I have to wonder. Since we win if we lynch or get seduced the Sarah Connor, what sort of protections would there be against the game ending to a lucky day 1 lynch, so early? If any.

Of course I did. Get the memo, that is.

But if we have two options to win, and one of them is more reliable than the other, then it's fair to prefer the more reliable one, isn't it? I'd prefer to lynch the Sarah Connor. It's not like I have the ability to seduce.

So yes, I put stock in it.
You put stock in Secretdorf's idea that there's a seduction team? If not, what do you put stock in?

Fallacy, my message can be decoded by reversing the order, applying an a=z substition then maybe a rot17. I also anagrammed it in my last post with "nifty horrid tribal". Want to get back to me on the relationship with your claim?

mzce sdq emjx myw xdymcn xmdsgY sju modmj - nmxywzx mp xcddqo smjx xwp yzcxqzxfildi dqewj mzq ynizpsj

Reversed is...

jspziny qzm jweqd idlifxzqxczy pwx xjms oqddcx pm xzwyxmn - jmdom ujs Ygsdmx ncmydx wym xjme qds eczm

With a replaced with z and presumably vice versa:

jspainy qam jweqd idlifxaqxcay pwx xjms oqddcx pm xawyxmn - jmdom ujs Ygsdmx ncmydx wym xjme qds ecam

And finally, the rot17:

... after multiple attempts to find a tool that works, I still haven't managed it.

Cryptography is whack, yo.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2021, 08:00:38 pm »

Misconstruing words with partial quotes, check. My sight is just fine, not 20/20 obviously, but that's only available to hindsight.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2021, 08:08:30 pm »

Misconstruing words with partial quotes, check. My sight is just fine, not 20/20 obviously, but that's only available to hindsight.
When I partial-quote something, it's because I want to respond to just that point. I'm not going to quote the entire post for every point I want to make, Tric.

My point is, that you're trying to say that I didn't 'get the memo' about the town win condition, when clearly I did.

Whether or not someone knows what the town win condition is, is entirely irrelevant, because 1 (it can be extrapolated from what's posted in public) and 2 (Rule 6, which gives non-town members fakeclaims).

So, are you a buddy with Secretdorf? Or am I just misreading things?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2021, 08:23:45 pm »

Are you buddy with Superdorf, or am I misreading things?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2021, 09:01:27 pm »

Luckyowl, Vector: What's your take on things so far?

The scumteam likely includes 3 players. Sarah Conar(our true and only wincon as town),  a human, a possible other human or a rouge machine(But I think it's the latter as it would fit the terminator theme quite well.) I'm not sure if they know who are they allies though. But currently, I would throw in Caz, NQT, and FOU.

Caz, for possibly giving a scum slip when they asked me if I was SC would I try to stay low and try to find allies. When we really don't know much of this set up to say something like that.

FOU and NQT, because of the whole code language seems weird and yeah, they're going to say "anyone can break it", but still, if you were town you would be aiding us on hunting down or seducing her.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2021, 09:15:36 pm »

Oh hey, it's a Luckyowl! Wanna weigh in on this, er, miller mess?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2021, 09:21:21 pm »

Oh hey, it's a Luckyowl! Wanna weigh in on this, er, miller mess?

uh, not sure what to say. What do you mean by "miller mess"?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2021, 09:41:56 pm »

(Also how to change username, anyone knows?)

whyever would you want to do that?
You can send Toady a PM and ask, I think.

Reversed is...

jspziny qzm jweqd idlifxzqxczy pwx xjms oqddcx pm xzwyxmn - jmdom ujs Ygsdmx ncmydx wym xjme qds eczm

Here, I ran the letter sequence through a thing!
Spoiler: solved (click to show/hide)
...huh.

uh, not sure what to say. What do you mean by "miller mess"?

FoU claims to inspect as human. Tric voted him for that, I voted Tric, there were many words. Read the last two or three thread pages?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2021, 10:07:52 pm »

hybrids are human infiltrators but they cannot be trusted hence why spynet doesnt use them any more
Huh, thanks, this helps a good bit.

And no, I'm not a hybrid. 100% machine. Just a little too well concealed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2021, 10:41:42 pm »

And no, I'm not a hybrid. 100% machine. Just a little too well concealed.

Sounds like "infiltrator" to me :V

You wanna claim some other reason why you're doctored up to look like a meatbag?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26