Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: One Night Ultimate Webwolf [Game Over: Werewolves Win]  (Read 9030 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf [Day]
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2021, 11:46:03 am »

More things line up if NQT is telling the truth, but that doesn't mean it's right.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2021, 11:48:06 am »

I saw Alpha Wolf, as the Centre card.

I see now that I left a falsehood in the notes I transcribed over. I had originally thought about fakeclaiming seeing the troublemaker in the centre to try to catch a wolf or minion Fallacy out in a lie, but on reflection the ploy seemed too high risk, as a town robber Fallacy taking the troublemaker from the left or right of the middle cards might think I was trying to falsely accuse him or something. So I decided to go with the truth but forgot to undoctor all my notes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2021, 11:52:22 am »

Robber can't swap cards with the middle.

Nobody in this game can swap cards with the middle besides the Alpha Wolf, if they happen to swap their added Wolf card with a middle card.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2021, 11:55:42 am »

Ahhh you know I was mixing up the Robber and the Drunk's abilities. Kicking myself now. I've played this loads IRL (albeit not for over a year), I should remember this stuff.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2021, 11:57:07 am »

Me: so confident I know the rules of this game, having played it loads before, I don't even bother reading the OP closely
Also Me: robber is basically a drunk that can look at his card, right?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2021, 12:00:33 pm »

Drunk can't swap cards with the middle. The Robber is the same as a Drunk except the Robber knows the role they're taking, the Drunk does not.

So yeah, I think you're a wolf NQT.

PPE:
Me: so confident I know the rules of this game, having played it loads before, I don't even bother reading the OP closely
Also Me: robber is basically a drunk that can look at his card, right?

Yep. I would say they're strictly better than a Drunk.

Funny observation: there's a possibility that mafia have a majority in this game.

If the Alpha Wolf, Dream Wolf, and Minion are players that's three.

If the Robber targeted one of these players they'll become wolf-aligned and know it. This does mean the player they targeted is now a villager, but they wouldn't know and would still vote as mafia.

If the Alpha Wolf turned one of the active player cards into a wolf card, like the Seer. They couldn't have done the Bodyguard because I checked Leafsnail right after the Alpha Wolf actions.

That's 4 wolf-aligned, possibly a pseudo-5 if the robber hit a wolf too. Since the original wolf will still think they're a wolf.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2021, 12:08:16 pm »

Drunk can't swap cards with the middle. The Robber is the same as a Drunk except the Robber knows the role they're taking, the Drunk does not.
It normally does swap with the middle!

I'm pleased I'm not going mad. From the One Night Werewolf Wiki:
When the Drunk wakes up, they exchange their card with a card in the center. They DO NOT look at their new card.

For some reason it works differently in this game. Given this difference I'm now going to reread all the roles just in case there are more discrepancies.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2021, 12:17:57 pm »

I am more inclined to believe that Tricmagic and Luckyowl made the tanner claim plan in scumchat(assuming there is one in this game but as I believe its not so Luckyowl just strengthened tric's claim because they knew their partner). That places NQT as either minion(most likely as if we lynch them due to fakeclaim, their alignment is villager so werewolves and they win) or robber(who swapped places with a wolf) or dream wolf.
However, their might be different combination of them, that's just my theory.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2021, 12:21:33 pm »

Superdorf, you know there's not a quickchat.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2021, 12:25:40 pm »

I mean its full clear they're scum because:-
Tricmagic intentionally claimed tanner which they shouldn't have if they were tanner.

Luckyowl did the same, I mean just claiming tanner openly and saying oops never mind that wasn't intentional.

The matter now is which ones are werewolf and which is minion/robber swapping with minion, as we better not lynch the latter.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2021, 12:25:48 pm »

Second, nope I'm the Seer. Leafsnail was a bodyguard. They are still guaranteed town unless the troublemaker swapped them.
I can confirm this is true. The wolves have no seer in this game so ToonyMan must have started the game as a Seer (I guess he could technically be Robber or PI but he'd still be town in both cases) to be able to know my role. I will probably use my vote on a Tanner.

The action priority order is:
Alpha Wolf
Seer
Apprentice Seer
Paranormal Investigator
Robber
Troublemaker
So the only way I could be a wolf is if the Troublemaker happened to swap me with one - if the Alpha Wolf got to me then TM's inspection would've returned Wolf.

It's possible the Alpha Wolf started as a middle role which means they wouldn't swap a player with the added wolf card. When I'm saying "exist" what I really mean is "started the game on a player".

Can the Apprentice Seer claim if they are a player? Knowing one of the middle roles would help.
The Alpha Werewolf is a weird role because I think it's almost certainly a mistake to use its ability. The wolf they convert isn't told they're a wolf so the wolves don't get any more power as a voting bloc, and the wolves lose if a single wolf is lynched so it just increases the chance that a wolf will be lynched. I'm mostly going to ignore the possibility of an Alpha Wolf conversion because it should have no impact on the game other than one person randomly not winning/winning when they thought they would/wouldn't.

And... if someone IS tanner, can't we lynch them to win?
No - the tanner is villager aligned. Lynching them will cause everyone else to lose.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2021, 12:29:23 pm »

MOD:
Are you allowed not to use your ability?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2021, 12:31:12 pm »

Superdorf, you know there's not a quickchat.
Superdorf knows that?
Yeah, I half thought there wasn't one but I didn't know for sure. Anyway, you know better. But still its one of you. We just have to hang the right person.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2021, 12:32:48 pm »

I mean its full clear they're scum because:-
Tricmagic intentionally claimed tanner which they shouldn't have if they were tanner.
Luckyowl did the same, I mean just claiming tanner openly and saying oops never mind that wasn't intentional.
The matter now is which ones are werewolf and which is minion/robber swapping with minion, as we better not lynch the latter.
We can double lynch players with a tie as long as both get two votes. As long as we don't hit both the Tanner and the Minion we're good.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2021, 12:42:46 pm »

MOD:
Are you allowed not to use your ability?
Mostly. Some abilities are inherent to the role, like Bodyguard, Prince, etc. But, most Night actions are optional.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11