Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The One I Won't Kill: 3-Player Mafia! (Game Over: Death & Law) Mafia Win!  (Read 6661 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The One I Won't Kill: 3-Player Mafia! (Day 1: New Moon Meetup)
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2021, 07:01:34 am »

Yeah, I mean: look, I'm pretty sure that you're town based on the available data -- to be clear largely behavioral -- (and obviously I know I'm town based on the available data, LOL), but I agree that hammering before scum even has an opportunity to post would be a pretty shitty thing to do. I kind of think we need do need to hammer instead of running the clock run out so that scum can't tie votes at the last minute (if Secretdorf decides to pull a Juicebawks), but it's obviously waaaaay too early for that.
Vector, you are mafia, because you want me to get lynched even before I post. You know web is town because you are mafia. You sound very sure that Web is town, I am going to vote you, however, haste is waste, especially for town. If you are really town, I assure you that I am town(for all the good it will do). I will vote you unless I get something which makes me think I am wrong.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2021, 08:47:37 am »

I mean, if I was Mafia, I would've absolutely Hammered. The only possibilities, SD, are that you are my unlynchable or that I am Town. Thus, if you vote Vector, you better be sure that I'm Town, because if I am scum, I will Hammer.

So, the question here is, what could you get that would make you feel wrong? What about my actions are you most worried about? What would you be doing in my position?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2021, 09:48:11 am »

I was just worried you might be trolling. Nothing in particular makes me think you're mafia. Its just your explaining things, in which you sound like you don't want to be townread as of you're threatening that you're mafia. But its my head which becomes suspicious of you on that. However, I don't want to be too hasty(and thus lose), so I'm not voting Vector. But I'd do that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 10:08:58 am »

It's not that I don't want to be Townread. It's that I am testing what you are comfortable doing or not doing. Boundaries change depending on whether you are scum or Town subconsciously, and seeing how Town you believe I am is part of the process, just as seeing how Town Vector is is also part of it. Indeed, Vector does take very kindly to me calling them Town, and offers little resistance, allowing me within their defenses so easily. It makes me wary.

If you would like to test if I am Town, you can always vote Vector, and then let me solve the puzzle. But, by doing so, you relinquish control, and to do so requires enough trust in me that you can do so. But, if I am Mafia, I will Hammer immediately. Are you prepared for that? Is this also a trap for you as Mafia? Is this a trap from me as Mafia? Who really knows at this point.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2021, 12:51:42 pm »

I'll try voting Vector later. I mean I want to vote him now but want to do some wait first.

Vector and webadict: Who do you think should be lynched?

Vector: What behavior it is, that makes you think Webadict is town? Because I don't get it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 01:06:36 pm »

Ah, Secretdorf, I like your candidness. You are much easier to read than Vector is. You are right to be wary, and it's good to be so.

I would prefer that we lynched one of you two while the other one hammers. I have no reason for assuming that either of you are the unlynchable target to the other, but it would certainly be my preference at this point, because it'd be a 75% chance of a Town win. Though that number steadily pushes itself towards a limit of 1 as time goes on...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 01:21:02 pm »

SD, I want to be clear that I didn't want you to get hammered before posting. The person who was talking about actually doing that was Webadict (at the very beginning of the Day, mind you). I was just saying that we should decide the game by hammer instead of deadline.

Vector: What behavior it is, that makes you think Webadict is town? Because I don't get it.

Right, here's the thought process:

I voted you at the beginning of the game. This was a dumb RVS accident, because if Web is scum and you aren't his target, then he would insta-hammer you and GG town.

But that didn't happen, and instead my bad move turned into data. So either Web is town or Web is scum who can't hammer you.

If Web is scum who can't hammer you, he needs one of two things to happen. He needs to either be the first vote on you and coax me to hammering, or he needs to get you to lynch me (and can be the hammering vote on me).

I revoted you in order to taunt Web if they are scum and make it so that they couldn't get the first vote on you. Essentially, if Web is scum, it's impossible for you to get hammered and lose us the game. If Web is town, I know that I'm town, so by PoE you're scum -> Web should hammer.

I keep vacillating on Web's towniness. There's a period in every game Webadict plays when they "play gray" against their alignment. But the scumtells Web is dropping are things like ...

I would prefer that we lynched one of you two while the other one hammers.

. . . . . This is exactly what scum wants. WTF, Webadict.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 01:43:55 pm »

Tbh, I think Webadict is mafia. But I can't be sure as webadict's been tough to read correctly in the past games too. I'll say more on it later...zzz.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 02:06:39 pm »

Tbh, I think Webadict is mafia. But I can't be sure as webadict's been tough to read correctly in the past games too. I'll say more on it later...zzz.
You would be quite wrong. I am most assuredly Town. Unfortunately, since there is not much I can do to prove myself as trustworthy, I suppose I will have to be the one voting to decide between you and Vector, especially since I am semi-confirmed.

*sigh*

I tell the truth and people don't believe me. I am Cassandra, whose words only liken to that of spiders and snakes, removing naught but pesky insects and rodents, but for whom their appearance scares.

If you cannot hear the wisdom in my words, then you must instead attempt to hear them in another's, but I am telling all that I know and see.

I did not semi-confirm myself. It was Vector who chose that action. If you believe me to be Mafia, then you are misguided. It is not self-preservation that keeps you alive. It is judicious diligence. Otherwise, there would be no need to probe you for safety.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The One I Won't Kill: 3-Player Mafia! (Day 1: All Accusations Are Amicable)
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 04:28:49 pm »

Approximately 2 days remain. - 4 minutes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2021, 06:08:11 pm »

I keep vacillating on Web's towniness. There's a period in every game Webadict plays when they "play gray" against their alignment. But the scumtells Web is dropping are things like ...

I would prefer that we lynched one of you two while the other one hammers.

. . . . . This is exactly what scum wants. WTF, Webadict.
That's hardly a fair assessment, especially as it cuts off the part explaining why I'd want that. I'm not sure why you're attempting to twist my words to make me look scummier than I already make myself look, but it's not a friendly look for you, Vecky, and you know how much I love buddying. You're playing two sides and more, and I'm afraid I can't have that.

Thus, it's time to take a leap. With a potential 25% chance to outright lose the game: Vector.

Now, you might be asking me why, and for the most part, I had to reassess that opening vote, and I came across an error in assumption I made: I took another look at the Mafia role PM again and I figured that you could potentially misconstrue it that perhaps the Town PM might have an understanding of their own unlynchability that you were unaware of. This, too, would fit your actions, and with newfound skepticism of positions you seemed to take at face value before, I can't help wondering if your goal is simply to play the field and see who latches on to whom first.

Thus, I know if I stall any more, I'll likely be call passive scum, but I'm sure merely mentioning that I'm concerned about my scumminess is also scummy, but it is a deciding factor in this decision. I can't wait it out forever.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2021, 06:19:10 pm »

Webadict, with the clock running I'm assuming that the reason why you won't hammer Secretdorf is because you can't, which would mean that you're scum.

You see, I can mechanically show your alignment: If you're town you would've hammered SD, if you're scum then you need to get me to stop voting Secretdorf (as you just have). So here we go.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2021, 06:21:39 pm »

Webadict, with the clock running I'm assuming that the reason why you won't hammer Secretdorf is because you can't, which would mean that you're scum.

You see, I can mechanically show your alignment: If you're town you would've hammered SD, if you're scum then you need to get me to stop voting Secretdorf (as you just have). So here we go.
Uh... What? That doesn't logically flow. If Secretdorf is Town, I do not want to Hammer Secretdorf, because that would lose, as I am Town. Only the Mafia Hammering causes a Mafia loss.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 06:23:52 pm »

If you're Town, then you should want me to unvote you in case Secretdorf is Mafia, or hope that Secretdorf has you as their unlynchable. Your voting me essentially ensures that Secretdorf has to be Town, or you lose. I, however, know that both of you cannot possibly be Town, as I am absolutely Town, so you should be getting me to unvote. You should not be voting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 06:28:08 pm »

I know I'm town. If you're town, then secretdorf is scum and you need to hammer. Or you can vote SD and I can hammer, either way.

But I've been thinking about this: if you are scum, then you need to get someone lynched other than your unlynchable target. Namely, me. If I was playing as scum, I would be sweating and figuring out how to get the wagon off my unlynchable target right about now, which is exactly what you're doing.

Only the Mafia Hammering causes a Mafia loss.

Wait, really?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6