Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39668 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 5: Finale (4 / 12)
« Reply #795 on: February 01, 2021, 01:32:20 pm »

I'm a bit upset because:

If Secret poisoned Luckyowl or TricMagic instead this would have turned into a battle between me and Secret.

Secret only chose me because they thought Lucky was mafia. I've been getting rocked so much lately.

The REAL town MVP is Toaster. Nobody else deserves any town applause (except Vector a little).

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 01, 2021, 01:42:06 pm »

fun game. many twist.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 01, 2021, 01:45:41 pm »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 01, 2021, 01:51:05 pm »

Secret only chose me because they thought Lucky was mafia.
...Calculated. 8)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 01, 2021, 01:59:07 pm »

Instead they said Vector had a hotdog, which means Vector targeted me or Web, but if that's true where did the Juicebox hotdog go?

Not true. I tried to check NQT for quicktopics N1. Obviously it failed, and then I got yeeted.

The REAL town MVP is Toaster. Nobody else deserves any town applause (except Vector a little).

thank you, I will accept this feeding of my ego,
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 01, 2021, 02:07:47 pm »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 01, 2021, 02:45:56 pm »

*cracks knuckles*

Another case closed by the comedy cop duo Lucky and Web: Hotdog Miami, both of whom fucked up so hard we won.
*laughs as coins and hotdogs rain down.*

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 5: Last Laugh (2 / 12)
« Reply #802 on: February 01, 2021, 03:42:44 pm »

Quote from: Votecount
Luckyowl (0):
webadict (0):
Secretdorf (3): Luckyowl, ToonyMan, Secretdorf
ToonyMan (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not voting (1): webadict
3 to hammer.

"Welp, you caught me." Secretdorf laughs nervously, looking at the forces arrayed against him. "I'll do you all a favor and head out. Do something nice with my blood after I die, okay?"

He steps up to the guillotine. His demise is swift.

Secretdorf was a serial killer.

Alchemist Cop (serial killer)
(Night) Inspect [target]: You learn whether your target is not useful for your alchemy (town), nearly useful for your alchemy (other), or very useful for your alchemy (mafia). Additionally, you learn whether or not they have an FBI Agent type role.

(Auto) Blood Alchemy: After mafia-aligned players die, you use their blood in secret rituals to gain new capabilities. After one mafia-aligned player has died, you gain Blood Vest. After two mafia-aligned players have died, you gain Poison. If three mafia-aligned players die, you gain Smog.
(1-Shot, Auto) Blood Vest: You survive one standard kill action automatically.

(Night) Poison [target]: Your target is poisoned, and will die at the end of the following Day (after the lynch). A poisoned player is informed that they are poisoned.  

Quote from: Extra Information
(1-Shot, Auto) Blood Vest: You survive one standard kill action automatically.

(Night) Poison [target]: Your target is poisoned, and will die at the end of the following Day (after the lynch). A poisoned player is informed that they are poisoned. 

(Auto) Smog: If you do not use Poison during a given Night, you automatically use it on a random player who visits you during that Night, without visiting them.

Luckyowl, his partner ToonyMan, and webadict stare at the evidence of Secretdorf's murderous tendencies. "I knew it!" Says Luckyowl. webadict does give a smile off. ToonyMan coughs up blood.

He topples over, on the edge of death, red spittle dripping from his mouth. But with his last bit of will, a vindictive smile shows on his face. "Got... em."

ToonyMan has died.

ToonyMan was mafia.

Redirector FBI Agent (mafia)

(Auto) Taskforce: You have access to a private quicktopic with a second player who also has an FBI Agent type role. While you are alive you may chat with them in it, but only during the Night. It is confirmed to the both of you that nobody in that quicktopic has the serial killer alignment.

(Night) Redirecting FBI Inspect [target1] [target2]: You change your first target’s action target to their second target if they are performing one single target action only. Additionally you learn whether your second target is serial killer aligned or not.

"I can't believe it was him." Webadict says.

"I knew it!" Luckyowl responds, once again. Webadict snorts. "Sure, kid."

Luckyowl was town.
FBI Agent (town)

(Auto) Taskforce: You have access to a private quicktopic with a second player who also has an FBI Agent type role. While you are alive you may chat with them in it, but only during the Night. It is confirmed to the both of you that nobody in that quicktopic has the serial killer alignment.

(Night) FBI Inspect [target]: You learn whether your target is aligned as a serial killer or not.

webadict was town.
Hot Dog Vendor (town)

(Auto) Get One Free: If you are visited by a player, they receive a hot dog.

(Auto) Greasesniffer: At the start of each Day other than Day 1, choose one: learn how many players received hot dogs the previous Night, or choose a specific player and learn whether or not they received a hot dog the previous Night.

(Night) Set Up Shop [target]: Your target and every player other than yourself who visits your target tonight receive one hot dog each.

The game is over. Town (webadict, Luckyowl, Caz, Vector, TricMagic, Toaster, SHAD0Wdump, hector13) have won! Mafia (ToonyMan, notquitethere, juicebox) have lost. The Serial Killer Secretdorf has also lost.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report
« Reply #803 on: February 01, 2021, 03:52:49 pm »

The Miller can't keep me down, Hell can't take me down.
 Toonyman wasn't town, now dance in a ballroom gown~

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report
« Reply #804 on: February 01, 2021, 03:53:48 pm »

Good games everyone. I enjoyed being the first vote on nearly every lynch. The ending was very close.

I plan on doing an analysis later when I have more time.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 01, 2021, 03:54:29 pm »

Before I post things like my roles commentary, the full action history, and all that, I'd like to know what you guys think.

Just a few questions to answer.

1: Did you have fun with the game?
2: Did you enjoy the flavor?
3: Did you like your role?
4: What do you think about the setup balance?
5: Any other comments?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 01, 2021, 04:01:01 pm »

1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. So many cops and protects.
5. I agree with Webadict that the fast Day hammers made the thread feel like it was locked more than not. Not sure how to deal with that since Nights were already just 24 hours long.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 01, 2021, 04:12:13 pm »

Such is a game where hammers flow freely.

And yes, this was fun. So long as one does not think of the horror of an [url-https://youtu.be/7pOB36NDg44]investigative medley.[/url]

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 01, 2021, 04:14:08 pm »

I liked watching it. >_> Not much to say since I didn't play for very long though, lmao.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 01, 2021, 04:14:34 pm »

Thanks for asking!

1. I had some fun but it would have been better if I hadn't been NKed, gotta learn to play worse :V
2. I was neutral on the flavor, it was there and serviceable.
3. My role was a role all right. I would have more opinion if I had been able to use it.
4. So many cops, lulz. I felt it was a little unbalanced because town hit scum D2 and D4, and still only won D5 by accident. It was unbalanced in an anti-town way because there were so many scum. It was unbalanced in a pro-town way because we had waaaaaay too many cops, proteccs, and watchers. I really liked the non-SK masons and the idea of masons that only really became viable after one of them died. I liked less that the game became very driven by mechanical confirmation, which leads into point 5 ...
5. Agree with Toony and Web, this was a game that lived and died by hammer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57