Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39728 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #465 on: January 25, 2021, 08:15:32 pm »

Well, I guess there is two mason-esque role? That's pretty neat. Hm, if that's the case. If Toaster/shadowdump know eachothers alignment. While me and ToonyMan don't. Then it's quite possible that one of us is the mafia. I know I'm town. So, my concern is TooyMan.

ToonyMan: Why did you decided to claim our role this early on? Aren't you scared that the mafia might target us?

FOU: Are the scum team allow to kill as much player they got in their team? or is it one kill per night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 25, 2021, 08:17:24 pm »

I missed the point about juicebox being early on the wagon. It seems like a fairly neutral tell to me given that (if I remember correctly) the main wagon at the time of vote was on Webadict. Scum has to distance; it will definitely be worth looking into later, but it doesn't mean much to me right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 25, 2021, 08:25:43 pm »

Oops, thought I had already posted this.

Yes, I have a targeted action.

For D1, I'm willing to trust you, Wubba. I can buy Caz and Juicebox as scum. I would guess the 3rd is LuckyOwl over Hector (and I'm town BTW 9_9).

Right. Ok.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 25, 2021, 08:27:07 pm »

Although I'm still convinced Web is lynch worthy. I'm willing to put it off as the night draws near.

I am going to say this about the Toony/LuckyOwl mason pair. I'm heavily inclined to believe at least one is scum if there is only one kill tonight. If there's two kills I'm more 50/50 on if one is scum or neither.

You two better hope two people die at night, because I see no other reason for 'non-sk' to be specified for two townies.

I'm moving my vote to the... yuck... Bandwagony Luckyowl train since I simply cannot do proper anaysis or arguments right now on lunch, I'll do that if nigyt has not arrived by the time I'm home and eating.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 25, 2021, 08:32:11 pm »

@TricMagic
I specifically suspect you to be scum-ally, hence you don't have a team to talk to.

The shift to Caz from you is a bit weird though.
That is silly, and a very unbalanced setup unless there's only two Mafia, don't you think? That'd also put your alignment in question, since I'm the first one that posited that Millers are Towntells. It'd be the equivalent of assuming that everything I say is useless information. Who do you believe is scum then? Do you believe Secretdorf is TP as well as me, too?

I believe you're holding yourself back by believing that I'm TP instead of either scum or Town, because it's going to get you nowhere.

@hector13
Eh, I think I've redeemed myself to some extent from day start. I haven't been particularly fantastic at this one, but I've poked and prodded, given reads here and there, and provided my opinion on some of the more pertinent goings on of the day (you telling me off at the start, Tric's claim, Shadow's interactions, that kinda thing) so while people may not have been interested in me I think I've been open enough that they don't necessarily have to be.

I'm not sure about the scum team. It's some combination of Caz, juicebox, NQT, Vector, and maybe Luckyowl, in approximately that order.
So, I notice you do not have me on the list. If you believe I'm Town (or at least, not likely to be scum), will you believe that I trust NQT to be Town, and thus would like for you to eliminate them from your list, or move them down? I do not believe notquitethere should be suspected in the slightest, nor have I seen them do anything that was remotely scummy. Their play is very similar to how they played in BYOR 15, so I'd like to know what you're seeing that I'm not.

@Vector
I doubt that LO and TM have the same alignment. TM seems town to me based on overall behavior -> suggests to me LO is scum. I also think that the bandwagon converging on Caz and Caz throwing out me (town) you (I think probably town) and LO as scum is an interesting choice, because panicked scum could see this as a way to keep LO off the fire post-flip.

I'm not gonna go back and make a huge case on why I think LO is more likely unless I hafta, but I thought that LO's jumpiness when I said they were a good policy lynch was telling, given that anyone and their dog would know that I've been repeatedly posting "Yikes" in their LYLOs. My game designer gut likes LO x TM chat at cross purposes, too.

I wouldn't say that I have a high-quality fourth pick. If Caz somehow flips town, which I'm seeing as highly unlikely at this point, I think the first person I would look into is NQT, due to their starting the Cazwagon rolling in its present iteration. But I would be somewhat at loose ends.

I'll probably also be a couple hours asleep at deadline, so personally, I'd like to call for a hammer instead of letting the deadline run out.
Yeah, honestly, I think that makes some amount of sense, but I think I'd rather have ToonyMan deal with it. I trust them to be able to handle Luckyowl, and that's why I didn't want to add them to my scum list.

If I had to be honest, I agree with you. I'm willing to hammer Caz based on multiple aspects, but I was hoping they'd be willing to give more information or try to work with the Town. I also said I'd vote with NQT, and they've voted for Caz, so I'll be doing the same. I was kinda hoping that they'd try to go after juicebox, but they haven't at all, and what you're saying has a lot of sense behind it.

I guess I can't deny what you're saying, but if you're Town, I'll probably still be suspicious of you.

@Luckyowl
Well, I guess there is two mason-esque role? That's pretty neat. Hm, if that's the case. If Toaster/shadowdump know eachothers alignment. While me and ToonyMan don't. Then it's quite possible that one of us is the mafia. I know I'm town. So, my concern is TooyMan.

ToonyMan: Why did you decided to claim our role this early on? Aren't you scared that the mafia might target us?

FOU: Are the scum team allow to kill as much player they got in their team? or is it one kill per night.
Luckyowl... What are you doing? Most people have accepted ToonyMan as Town. Why would you be doing what you're doing now?

SHAD0Wdump
I'm moving my vote to the... yuck... Bandwagony Luckyowl train since I simply cannot do proper anaysis or arguments right now on lunch, I'll do that if nigyt has not arrived by the time I'm home and eating.
... Could you vote someone that isn't Town for once? I have never seen a Town player vote for so many Town players. There's a group of players that should be voted. Please vote one of them. Vote me if you have to. Don't vote Luckyowl unless you're doing it for role-related reasons. There's six players that are acceptable to vote, though. Please pick one of them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 25, 2021, 08:34:00 pm »

@Luckypartner:
Uh huh.

*wraps arm around Lucky*

Guess we'll need to keep an eye on each other then?

*opens eyes wide and stares into Lucky's face*

Because I'm not afraid of dying. If we were confirmed I would have claimed on Day start.

@Shadowdump:
I am going to say this about the Toony/LuckyOwl mason pair. I'm heavily inclined to believe at least one is scum if there is only one kill tonight. If there's two kills I'm more 50/50 on if one is scum or neither.
I feel similar. If I wasn't suspicious of the existence of a SK I would be voting Luckyowl after learning of Shadow/Toaster.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 25, 2021, 08:36:54 pm »

@Vector: Why do you think Luckyowl is scum? Do you have a fourth place pick? If you think Luckyowl is scum, what about ToonyMan?

I doubt that LO and TM have the same alignment. TM seems town to me based on overall behavior -> suggests to me LO is scum. I also think that the bandwagon converging on Caz and Caz throwing out me (town) you (I think probably town) and LO as scum is an interesting choice, because panicked scum could see this as a way to keep LO off the fire post-flip.

I'm not gonna go back and make a huge case on why I think LO is more likely unless I hafta, but I thought that LO's jumpiness when I said they were a good policy lynch was telling, given that anyone and their dog would know that I've been repeatedly posting "Yikes" in their LYLOs. My game designer gut likes LO x TM chat at cross purposes, too.

Ok, what. No. First, I'm not surprise that you would want a policy lynch. What I am confuse about. Is why you want a policy lynch on day 1. It has no use. Sure, if we get close to lylo and I am still alive. Then sure, policy lynch me then. But don't you think it's a bit scummy to push a policy lynch on day 1? It doesn't help town at all. Especially when I am going to flip town and have a pretty decent night action that I would have rather kept it hidden and reveal it on day 2 so I can catch a player lying.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 25, 2021, 08:42:38 pm »

Ok, what. No. First, I'm not surprise that you would want a policy lynch. What I am confuse about. Is why you want a policy lynch on day 1. It has no use. Sure, if we get close to lylo and I am still alive. Then sure, policy lynch me then. But don't you think it's a bit scummy to push a policy lynch on day 1? It doesn't help town at all. Especially when I am going to flip town and have a pretty decent night action that I would have rather kept it hidden and reveal it on day 2 so I can catch a player lying.

Policy lynch at LYLO is what you want to avoid at all costs, because it means that you know so little a few days in that you're effectively flipping a coin. Policy lynch D1 is acceptable because you don't have real data, usually; if we lynched randomly and had the typical 3 scum on D1, our likelihood of hitting scum D1 is 1/4. The concept is that you lynch the person who is worst to LYLO with as town on D1 if you don't have enough information to hit scum with any reliability.

Do you notice that I'm not pushing a policy lynch and that in fact I haven't voted you once other than my RVS vote at the beginning of the game? This jumpiness is what I'm talking about given that no one is trying to lynch you right now and Webadict is in fact protecting you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 25, 2021, 08:46:20 pm »

A’ight, Caz makes it L-1

Webadict, I am willing to give NQT the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 25, 2021, 09:01:24 pm »

I'll give it two hours before I'll hammer, unless someone else wants to hammer besides me, but that's when I'm off to bed, so that's my time limit.

Please talk to ToonyMan in your Masonchat, so that you might be able to follow what's happening, Lucky. Ugh.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 25, 2021, 09:06:54 pm »

@Luckyowl

Luckyowl... What are you doing? Most people have accepted ToonyMan as Town. Why would you be doing what you're doing now?

Because we're not confirmed and I need to know if I can really trust TM. I can't let my guard down even for a second. I really want to believe he is town. I really do. But this is a game of deception so you just can't trust everything that you see. My concern with TM is him confirming our role. Personally I would have wanted him to say nothing about it, but when he nudged me that he wanted to reveal our role I was honestly forced. If ignored it. Then someone was going to bring it up, if I said, no. Then everyone would start questioning me about why not. Our role is pretty vital and I was hoping he didn't revealed too much about it. What I am more worried though. Is now, I'm a possible target for a mafia kill on n1. Since everyone know I am working with TM. I wanted to reveal my role on day 2 with some evidence on hand. Now, we're opened and exposed to a possible n1 kill. If TM is town. They will more likely  go after him since he can possibly be a threat to the scum team. If TM is scum, then he is trying to make himself look like town by claiming our role.

@Luckypartner:
Uh huh.

*wraps arm around Lucky*

Guess we'll need to keep an eye on each other then?

*opens eyes wide and stares into Lucky's face*

Because I'm not afraid of dying. If we were confirmed I would have claimed on Day start.

Uhm, we came here to do a job and this is what you have to say? If we're dead then Town will lose...I really hope we can start trusting eachother, but at least you understand why we have to be suspicious of each other.

The concept is that you lynch the person who is worst to LYLO with as town on D1 if you don't have enough information to hit scum with any reliability.

...it's day 1. Where there isn't enough information usually. If you want to policy lynch me, why not the next day ::). Day 1 policy lynch makes no sense and that go for policy lynching Web for his outburst. To be frank, policy lynch is a dumb concept on it's own. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 25, 2021, 09:11:11 pm »

A’ight, Caz makes it L-1

Webadict, I am willing to give NQT the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

I'll give it two hours before I'll hammer, unless someone else wants to hammer besides me, but that's when I'm off to bed, so that's my time limit.

Please talk to ToonyMan in your Masonchat, so that you might be able to follow what's happening, Lucky. Ugh.

the fuck, let Cazfull claim first.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2021, 09:14:26 pm »

If Caz is going down, I want to at least. I want them to write their will before they flip.

Everyone: If you hammer Caz before they speak. You'll be seeing me soon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2021, 09:20:58 pm »

@Luckyowl:
Because we're not confirmed and I need to know if I can really trust TM. I can't let my guard down even for a second. I really want to believe he is town. I really do. But this is a game of deception so you just can't trust everything that you see.
I think we're unconfirmed because our roles are powerful. It also makes me fairly convinced we're dealing with a mafia team and SK.

My concern with TM is him confirming our role. Personally I would have wanted him to say nothing about it, but when he nudged me that he wanted to reveal our role I was honestly forced. If ignored it. Then someone was going to bring it up, if I said, no. Then everyone would start questioning me about why not. Our role is pretty vital and I was hoping he didn't revealed too much about it. What I am more worried though. Is now, I'm a possible target for a mafia kill on n1. Since everyone know I am working with TM. I wanted to reveal my role on day 2 with some evidence on hand. Now, we're opened and exposed to a possible n1 kill. If TM is town. They will more likely go after him since he can possibly be a threat to the scum team. If TM is scum, then he is trying to make himself look like town by claiming our role.
Lucky, if I die tonight then you can still spill out all of your info tomorrow. If you die tonight and flip town I'll put out everything you said. I don't think it's likely we'll both die tonight because the mafia and possible SK would need to coordinate, which they can't do. We even have Shadow and Toaster and probably Secretdorf to back us up.

Y-yeah! Me and Lucky are going to make our targets obvious and in public!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2021, 09:22:22 pm »

Luckyowl, I know paying attention isn't your forte, and you don't really understand the concept of the game, but maybe you should take a deep breath.

Alright, are you still conscious? Maybe? Okay, well, multiple points:

Number 1
the fuck, let Cazfull claim first.
I gave Caz a chance to fullclaim already.
Pretending that roles conflate with alignment, why?

Both masons and 'fruit vendor' (now that I looked it up, appears to be very cute) aren't restricted to town alignment.

You wanting everyone to reveal their role day 1 is hilariously scummy and if the rest of the town can't see it, that's their loss.

Number 2
There's 6 hours left in the Day, and after a bit of time, there will be a third of the Town awake, so hammering is meant to keep the Town here when we're awake.

Number 3
Because we're not confirmed and I need to know if I can really trust TM. I can't let my guard down even for a second. I really want to believe he is town. I really do. But this is a game of deception so you just can't trust everything that you see. My concern with TM is him confirming our role. Personally I would have wanted him to say nothing about it, but when he nudged me that he wanted to reveal our role I was honestly forced. If ignored it. Then someone was going to bring it up, if I said, no. Then everyone would start questioning me about why not. Our role is pretty vital and I was hoping he didn't revealed too much about it. What I am more worried though. Is now, I'm a possible target for a mafia kill on n1. Since everyone know I am working with TM. I wanted to reveal my role on day 2 with some evidence on hand. Now, we're opened and exposed to a possible n1 kill. If TM is town. They will more likely  go after him since he can possibly be a threat to the scum team. If TM is scum, then he is trying to make himself look like town by claiming our role.
How many people have said they trusted ToonyMan right now? Just, list a number. If the answer is more than 4, and it is, then you can be pretty sure that at least one Town member has called ToonyMan Townie.

ToonyMan claimed correctly. You are wrong to question their judgment. It is you who is wrong, and that is why you are policylynchable. That's why people are still putting you on their scumlist. I cannot begin to tell you how horrible your play is right now. Paranoia is gonna lose you the game. If you don't trust ToonyMan, trust me. If you don't trust me, trust Vector. If you don't trust Vector, trust Toaster. If you don't trust Toaster, trust notquitethere. Just trust someone other than yourself. ToonyMan, give his the Bro speech.

Number 4
If Caz is going down, I want to at least. I want them to write their will before they flip.

I'll be hammering them regardless of your threats. Kill me if you want. It'll only prove everything I just said.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57