Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?  (Read 13402 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2021, 10:15:31 pm »

Hector: what happens if the votes are tied?

The mafia decide who gets lynched if the votes are tied at the deadline.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2021, 10:16:04 pm »

@NQT:
I made one post, went to sleep, the hammer happened and by the time 4mask flipped scum and Toony voted me, it was mechanically obvious Toony was the remaining mafia member (again, because you haven't hammered me). So there was never a point outside my first post when I got to play the game in a completely uncertain and suspicious position. Does that make sense to you?
This is ridiculous. You're above suspicion because you only made one post on Day 1? That doesn't clear you at all.

@Luckyowl:
I explicitly said I was going to bed:
Heads up: I'm going to sleep for next 8 hours or so.
It doesn't get clearer than that that. He hammered about two hours after I posted this.
*whistles* pretty damning. Got anything to say ToonyMan?
It's not damning. Why would this mean NQT and 4mask aren't scum buddies? NQT is trying to clear himself even though none of this prevents NQT and 4mask telling each other what they're going to do at the start of Day 1.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2021, 03:54:32 am »

ToonyMan: So do you think NQH planned the whole "I'm gonna sleep for 8 hours?" To snare you in a trap?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2021, 04:06:54 am »

Lucky, it's NQT, not NQH-- there's a "there" there not a "here" here.

More importantly, note again how Toony repeatedly ignores the actual substance of what I'm saying and just twists my words. I'm clearly not saying I'm above suspicion because I wasn't able to post on D1; what I was saying is that I wasn't able to post on D1 so it's no wonder that I wasn't able to post much in the clueless state I begun the game in: Toony quickhammered that possibility away. Toony deliberately twists things backwards.

Also note again his misdirection from the subject at hand: he knows there's no good argument for quickhammering two hours after I said I'd be asleep, so he attacks in a different direction.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2021, 04:12:13 am »

Hector
I also just realised despite referring to NQT as NQT, I thought their username was notquitehere. Ah well.
This is very amusing to me.

Toony
The game is pure day game, my posts are all there are to figuring me out. Is hammering inherently scummy in this set up?

4mask
If I survive to D2, I'll do some vote analysis I guess. But yes, this game doesn't play to all my strengths... but I know what I'm looking to see. Do you know what I'm looking to see?

Webadict, do you think mafia will distance with so few players?

LuckyOwl, do you feel lucky?

Heads up: I'm going to sleep for next 8 hours or so.

So...you voted Webadict. Knowing you were going to sleep for the next 8 hours? Why haven't you brought that up?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2021, 04:13:10 am »

NQH you're leaning more scum now. How do you refute what I posted above?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2021, 04:45:40 am »

The whole point of letting people know when I was going to be away from the thread was so no one ended the day without me. That Toony did so is because he is scum. Players don't normally unvote while they're asleep-- perhaps that was a bad play on my part, I'm not sure, but if it's a bad play it's because it lets scum quickhammer, which is exactly what happened. I'm surprised you don't find it odd that Toony decided to end the day two hour after I said I'd be asleep. Would you have made the same call as him?

And I have brung up the fact I said I was away from the thread several times so far this D2. I didn't consider leaving my vote actively while I slept anything notable before you just pointed it out (I'm not in the mindset of seeing my own actions as suspicious).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2021, 11:58:44 am »

ToonyMan: So do you think NQH planned the whole "I'm gonna sleep for 8 hours?" To snare you in a trap?
I don't know if he really went to sleep, but like you pointed out he left his vote on Webadict which 4mask conveniently followed up on.

My guess is that this was planned beforehand at least.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2021, 12:10:50 pm »

LuckyOwl
While I do sometimes stay up much later than I should (like last night) I genuinely do live in the UK* and so am usually asleep in the early hours of the morning GMT.

Leaving your vote active while you sleep is hardly a tell for anything. This is just more distraction from Toony who doesn't want you to dwell on the fact he used my absence in the thread to quickhammer a town player.

Incidentally, please make up your mind before Wednesday. I really don't want to be repeating the same arguments and clarifications ad nauseum for five days.

*If you think I'm somehow lying about this, see any of the games I run: they always use British Summer Time or GMT times, depending on whether its daylight savings or not.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2021, 01:03:20 pm »

This is just more distraction from Toony who doesn't want you to dwell on the fact he used my absence in the thread to quickhammer a town player.
NQT doesn't want you to consider every possibility because he's mafia.

Incidentally, please make up your mind before Wednesday. I really don't want to be repeating the same arguments and clarifications ad nauseum for five days.
Toony
The game is pure day game, my posts are all there are to figuring me out.
Now who's rushing the Day game? Isn't this hypocritical?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2021, 01:45:01 pm »

Let's be Toony and pretend as if these two things are the same:

- Quickhammering the game in the first few hours of the beginning of the game while a player has said they'd be asleep.
- Making a fully informed decision over several days when there's literally only two options to choose from at the end of the game but not dragging things out unnecessarily as we all have a life outside of mafia.

Contrary to what he says, I would like you to consider all eventualities, I'm merely continuing to point out when Toony distracts and obfuscates. This is how things are going and look like they'll continue to go:

1. Owl asks for clarification
2. I provide clarification
3. Toony twists things
4. I point out twisting
5. Toony pretends like pointing out his behaviour is me being suspicious
6. Repeat steps 2-6 again and again

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2021, 08:41:11 pm »

ToonyMan: got your wish? How does it feel to be the mafia. I honestly wish I was mafia right now pulling an epic scum victory.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2021, 09:08:40 pm »

ToonyMan: got your wish? How does it feel to be the mafia. I honestly wish I was mafia right now pulling an epic scum victory.
I'm not mafia LuckyOwl. Unless you're just trolling us as mafia it's going to come down to whether you believe me or NQT.

If you let the tie happen then NQT is going to pick me as the lynch and we lose.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2021, 04:56:38 am »

LuckyOwl, you better not be trolling us as mafia!

Toony is right though, you have to make the decision before the hammer otherwise town loses.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2021, 09:17:36 am »

Alright. I'll be voting Toonyman soon. My reason is this.

1. ToonyMan interaction with 4maskwolf on day 1.
2. He was the one to hammer Web.

it is the most simplest mafia plan. But considering how small the player pool is. They wouldn't come up with a convoluted strategy. Which is what I thought of for Leafsnail which is.

1. Say you are about to sleep. So you can use that as an alibi for not unvoting.
2. making an alignment read just before 4mask and webadict was expelled from this house. That coincidently placed ToonyMan, and 4mask as scum and wubba and me as town.

Also this
LuckyOwl, you better not be trolling us as mafia!

Toony is right though, you have to make the decision before the hammer otherwise town loses.

I'm not mafia LuckyOwl. Unless you're just trolling us as mafia it's going to come down to whether you believe me or NQT.

If you let the tie happen then NQT is going to pick me as the lynch and we lose.

1. NQT annoyed of a possible luckyowl mafia trolling him. This comes off to me a possible townie. Since they don't know who's the mafia. They will start to get paranoid and start thinking wild possibility.

2. ToonyMan came off too callous to me.

so I'll be placing my vote in 4 hours for now. I just want ToonyMan to give his last words. Before he is expelled from this house once and for all.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10